No announcement yet.

June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulgarian jazz compilation -see details - http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3867099
    Russian jazz fest 67 - http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3750603
    Emil trying to do folk-rock:

Comment

• Popped into Salvation Army yesterday at lunchtime, they had a new box of Xian records in, few odd folk records in there too. Punted on two for 50p each:

The Carraig Aonair is absolutely gorgeous atmospheric Welsh folk with a variety of instruments including synth. The Vera Aspey is on Topic, bit too trad for me but I'll give it another chance.

Comment

• Two posts in a row? I am having a cracking time this month, though.

Traded in a few from the out pile, and left clutching these:
        Quincy Jones - In The Heat Of The Night. Classic.
        Galt MacDermot - Cotton Comes To Harlem. Not so classic, but has moments.
        De Wolfe - Z Patrol. I've backed off on libraries, but couldn't resist this one, stomping crime jazz of an epically strident nature plus a few dream/hallucination pieces.
        Charlie Byrd - Latin Impressions. Think this is a fine one, interesting to hear him play the tiple as well as guitar, the Villa Lobos piece is great.

Acquired via the old-fashioned and quaint charity shop route.

Finbar and Eddie Furey - The Dawning Of The Day. The first Finbar & Eddie album in my dad's collection was my first exposure to Irish folk (along with The McPeakes), still highly rate it. Great to find this, both for the fabulous music and for the fashion pointers on the cover.
        Martin Denny - Forbidden Island. No way I was leaving this duplicate behind, stunning album cover and wonderful exotica music.
        Herbie Hancock and Foday Musa Suso - Village Life. This is an interesting combo of kora and synth playing, restrained and improvisational rather than funky.
        Kongas - Africanism. Ripe disco nonsense with Cerrone involvement.

Comment

• Went for a drive in the Essex countryside yesterday and found a chazzer in Thaxted. Old school village with records at proper old school charity shop prices. Nothing too amazing, but a couple of nice bits and bobs.
          [IMG][/IMG]

Beatles is an outline mono first.
          Sergio is clean as you like.
          Tighten Up and Harry J were suitable filthy and looked like they'd had beer spilled on them at some point, but cleaned up well. Both good antidotes to watching the footie last night!
          £2 the lot
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
            De Wolfe - Z Patrol. I've backed off on libraries, but couldn't resist this one, stomping crime jazz of an epically strident nature plus a few dream/hallucination pieces.
            Does this one plays through well? I got a minty version of this but some songs are skipping, can't see why.
            My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
              Does this one plays through well? I got a minty version of this but some songs are skipping, can't see why.
              I have a copy that plays fine.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                I have a copy that plays fine.
                No problems with my copy, either.

Comment

Two posts in a row? I am having a cracking time this month, though.

Traded in a few from the out pile, and left clutching these:
                  Quincy Jones - In The Heat Of The Night. Classic.
                  Galt MacDermot - Cotton Comes To Harlem. Not so classic, but has moments.
                  Charlie Byrd - Latin Impressions. Think this is a fine one, interesting to hear him play the tiple as well as guitar, the Villa Lobos piece is great.

Acquired via the old-fashioned and quaint charity shop route.

Finbar and Eddie Furey - The Dawning Of The Day. The first Finbar & Eddie album in my dad's collection was my first exposure to Irish folk (along with The McPeakes), still highly rate it. Great to find this, both for the fabulous music and for the fashion pointers on the cover.
                  Martin Denny - Forbidden Island. No way I was leaving this duplicate behind, stunning album cover and wonderful exotica music.
                  Herbie Hancock and Foday Musa Suso - Village Life. This is an interesting combo of kora and synth playing, restrained and improvisational rather than funky.
                  Kongas - Africanism. Ripe disco nonsense with Cerrone involvement.
                  Martin Denny - in a charity shop - perfect!!!!!
                  Good find
                  "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                    Martin Denny - in a charity shop - perfect!!!!!
                    Good find
                    I just checked and I have 7 Martin Denny albums which were all from charity shops or booters. Same with Arthur Lyman.

Which might just suggest I've spent too much time in charity shops and booters!

That's the first one I've turned up in a long time though.

Comment

No problems with my copy, either.
                      Oke, than I have to buy me another. Thanks!
                      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• decided to venture on the isle of sheppey today after the boot fair,been over a year since i was last there,a few 50p punts this was the better..

lois lane "s/t" uk mercury 1968 lp

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                          decided to venture on the isle of sheppey today after the boot fair,been over a year since i was last there,a few 50p punts this was the better..

lois lane "s/t" uk mercury 1968 lp

Whats it like..... is it a super man related Lp?
                          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• ^^dont think so,she was in the caravelles i think..

not much to report from todays boot fair,bought a box of singles for a fiver,threw about half in the bin,apart from rescuing the company sleeves,a few i kept,beatles,candy choir on cbs,sam cook (shake) and a copy of godiego "monkey magic" on bbc records..another stall i got this obscure punk single..

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• boot finds today

knew nothing about this but I liked the sleeve - released on Up Front in '70

this was in even better nick than my copy

£1.50 - I didn't even haggle

all 4 in the same £1 box

how sweet to come across the full set!

lovely Welsh Folk EP from '68

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• The Joyce Bond lp got a release on the Rediffusion label as well. Nice lp and nice carboot finds.
                                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
                                X