No announcement yet.

June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spontaneous trip to Copenhagen this weekend gave some mainly East Euro bits. First from a book market inside a church for £3 a piece:

Tolcsvayek Es A Trio - T&T

Hungarian folksy rock/pop that I'm not immediately feeling despite having a couple of proggy/funky tracks.

V/A - Jazz Jamboree 77 Vol. 1
    One sidelong track by Guido Manusardi Quartet (decent but doesn't stand out) and two long tracks on the b-side with Fogarasi-Csik Trio (too straight and boring for me) and Yosuke Yamashita Trio (too wild and free for me).

V/A - Jazz Jamboree 74 Vol. 2
    McCoy Tyner on the first side with a great live version of Walk Spirit, Talk Spirit. Stan Getz on the other side - decent enough.

Aleksander Mazur Quartet & Novi Singers - Bacharach
    Upgrade copy of this underrated Burt Bacharach jazz interpretations album.

Elis Regina ‎– Elis
    Pretty straightforward Brasil stuff, doesn't stand out too much.

V/A - Hungarian Jazz Anthology
    Bought mainly for educational purposes and I haven't listened yet.

Then a few from proper shops (but none too pricey):

Bobby Hutcherson ‎– Head On
    Great vibes jazz - some mellow nice moments and some wilder and freer. Deep and heavy sound on Mtume.

John Handy Quintet, the ‎– The 2nd John Handy Album
    Some pretty straight jazz tracks here but the inclusion of violin makes it worth it - plus Theme X is a great little excursion into more avantgarde territory and the long Scheme #1 is a great freejazz ride that I can dig.

Jazz Studio Orchestra Of The Polish Radio - S/T
    Led by Jan Ptaszyn Wroblewski. Very good soundtrack style big band jazz, includes two Komeda penned numbers.

Blue Effect & Jazz Q Prague ‎– Coniunctio
    This is a really wild ride - prog meets freejazz in an insane and psychedelic cacaphony of sounds. Amazing.
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

This is a really wild ride - prog meets freejazz in an insane and psychedelic cacaphony of sounds. Amazing.
      This one I`ve got and it is sick. Coniunctio pt. 2 on side B drives round the bend.
      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Local charities for 50p each

I am liking some of the solo tracks on the I Know The Secret LP. Haunting nun vocals. Loving the version of Mas Que Nade on the cheapo Summer Sambas LP.

Some more charity cheapies. Not sure why i bought the Merrill Womach.

Some from a local shop now. Been after the Peddlers for a while and got for a nice price.

Nice original 45 bag. Not sure from what era. Couldnt find much out about bottom left. Bottom right is Temperance 7 recorded on a Concorde flight!!

10p tapes. No way i'd of brought these before coming on Waxidermy. Havent had a chance to listen yet at my tape player is playing up. Bottom left is potential bone.

Sundays bumper bootfair finds to come
        Last edited by nebkins; 24-06-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• . No way i'd of brought these before coming on Waxidermy.

this is VG+ ! and then I went to Waxi and saw the very same post !!
          cross posting - seems a bit odd but I barely go on Waxi these days ....
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Yeah sorry tired so couldnt be arsed to edit.

Comment

• was going to say it was a bit lazy but if you're tired fair enough
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                Nice find there. I like this one too, had it a long time but never stumbled across any others by Blue Effect or Jazz Q - anyone got recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                  Nice find there. I like this one too, had it a long time but never stumbled across any others by Blue Effect or Jazz Q - anyone got recommendations?
                  Probably not the sort of thing you're after but I dig this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlD2AxsLkc
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Probably not the sort of thing you're after but I dig this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlD2AxsLkc
                    I liked that! And what popped up in the related videos when I watched it? This...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post

. No way i'd of brought these before coming on Waxidermy.

this is VG+ ! and then I went to Waxi and saw the very same post !!
                      cross posting - seems a bit odd but I barely go on Waxi these days ....

Seems common practice Sie mate, I go on Waxi, but never post my finds, don't thinks there's any relevance to them on there. All seems a bit out of context to me!
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Managed a quick chazzer at the weekend

sweet sensation - sad sweet dreamer : some mid 70s soul and early disco fonk stuff
                        how to make your husband a sultan: quite a bonkers turkish lp. Apparently sold in the 100s of thousands back in the day. Really good turkish with heavy drims and flutes all over it. A nice minter too.
                        silver connection - madhouse. what it looks like: disco
                        nobukazu takemura - childs view. quite a good fusion of electronica and jazz. Some real good tracks on it.

idris muhammad - turn this mutha out. without the cover unforunately. late 70s rare groove from idris.
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• That 'Silver connection' is their debut, it's pretty good, not that disco, quite funky if I remember correctly.
                          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Thanks the only one I haven't listened to yet. I picked up one of these too

Which has a couple of ok tracks on
                            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• From a short spontaneous trip to Malmö, Sweden. Thanks to Brainbomb for recommending the Mose Allison. I actually like 3-4 tracks on there.

After coming there for abt 10 yrs the moody owner suddenly started joking around a little. Very dry humour in a very quiet voice. Weird...

Comment

• Sundays bootfair finds. Nothing more than £1.00 each.

Liking the Bill Withers cover on the Scott Walker but thats about it.

Mark James was a surprise. Quite funky.

Stoked to find the Minnie Ripperton. Bottom is The Detonators - Lift Off 12"

Fashion is Dee Sharp - Rising To The Top. Top right is Greg Henderson - Dreamin. Bottom left is Bob Miga - I Found Out 12" and is quite strange indeed.

Found some very clean jazz ep's. I took 11 and my digging partner had 19. Had a quick listen and im liking the Roy Eldridge and Bud Freeman ones. The Mound City Blowers is quite possibly the worst pressed record ever made. Quite unlistenable.

Comment

Working...
                                X