No announcement yet.

June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few finds from my local cricket club yearly boot fair,only 5 mins walk..

kinks is a minty mono

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• I found these the other week:

It was clear from picking them up that there was no vinyl but I couldn't resist the fantastic designs. A bit of Googling when I got home explained all.

The four I got all have the card inside saying 'I bought this album....'

WF
      Last edited by Willy-Fogg; 29-06-2014, 05:50 PM. Reason: trying to get the image the right way up

Comment

• Went boot saleing this morning. Wasn't even wearing my lucky socks, but came back with this small selection. All filthy dirty, but had fun cleaning them all up

[IMG][/IMG]

All 50p each! Animalism is the 66 mono copy. Good selection of r'n'b from Eric & the boys. Much to my delight, the version of Outcast seems to have the fuzz higher in the mix than the 45.

Equals Explosion has some good pumping tunes on it, my favourites are Granny Granny with a great looping bass sound and Police On My Back.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty4P3MUl_cY

Ike & Tina is a mono London copy. Killer lp which I hadn't heard until I got it home. The wall of sound is in full effect throughout. The version of River Deep... is quite a different mix to the familiar 45 version. The backing vocals and orchestration sit way back in the mix, which brings the bass to the fore, and gives it more of a "tough" sound. The whole lp is wonderful, find of the day for me.

Hawkwind In Search Of Space, clean copy with no sleeve. Probably better nick than the one I've got stowed away. Gave it a spin, and remembered how much I like it.

The Blue Horizon comp must be pretty well known on here

George Martin British Maid. GMs arrangements of tunes of the day and his own Theme One, full of swirly phased pomp and loveliness

Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Some splendid carboot finds still being found. Well done folks.
          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Do many folks know that Trees album I picked up at the weekend..? I thought that might have warranted an oooof from certain quarters of the parish...

I think it is the rarest album I've ever found at a UK boot fair. RRPG lists it at £220, but I'm not sure if that's the current going rate... Will check later this week...
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
              Do many folks know that Trees album I picked up at the weekend..? I thought that might have warranted an oooof from certain quarters of the parish...

I think it is the rarest album I've ever found at a UK boot fair. RRPG lists it at £220, but I'm not sure if that's the current going rate... Will check later this week...
              We're still in a state of shock, awesome find
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Hahaha very funny. I was just surprised, that's all...
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Still goes for that kind of money. I saw one once too, unlucky me the former owner scratched all songs he didn't like. Not a tiny one, but he really made an effort out of it.
                  My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• That's a proper bummer... A good "the one that got away" tale...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                      Do many folks know that Trees album I picked up at the weekend..? I thought that might have warranted an oooof from certain quarters of the parish...

No one ooofed on a certain Welsh folk album I picked up this month that turns out to be rather ooofable.

It certainly ought to be worth a folk oooooof.

Comment

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't know a rare Welsh Folk album if you showed me one...

... But surely someone would know you landed a big fish...?

I'll send you an ooooof and a good work fella now I know...

Comment

• oof - sorry mate - I was busy .... killer find - a keeper ?
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• ... Not if Peter Sundae has anything to do with it...

Comment

• Somehow I missed that post Sie A belated mighty oof! on that one. Still to land a large one at a booter myself, but that's the allure. Nice one
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• As an American whose collecting interest primarily involves British LPs & styles, virtually none of which I'm likely to find in the wild, (but I have once or twice,) all I can do is sit here and weep. Do you know what it's like to sit in front of a computer on a soggy chair?
                                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Working...
                                X