No announcement yet.

June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There always seems to be a bit of turmoil in this thread over peoples finds not getting the recognition they perhaps expected from them, which I find most entertaining!

A bit like when Lisa Simpson say's "A good dead is it's own worth", same goes for finds in my view - " A good find is it's own merit!"
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
      Do many folks know that Trees album I picked up at the weekend..? I thought that might have warranted an oooof from certain quarters of the parish...

I think it is the rarest album I've ever found at a UK boot fair. RRPG lists it at £220, but I'm not sure if that's the current going rate... Will check later this week...

Nige was giving people props, I'm sure this covers you Sie mate -

"Some splendid carboot finds still being found. Well done folks."
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
        Do you know what it's like to sit in front of a computer on a soggy chair?
        Isn't this the point of the internet?
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
          Hahaha very funny. I was just surprised, that's all...
          Boi Bach found both Trees lp's for £25 earlier in this very same thread - nobody commented on that either. Trees blindness. Brain doesn't register the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
            Ooof.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
              Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
              Boi Bach found both Trees lp's for £25 earlier in this very same thread - nobody commented on that either. Trees blindness. Brain doesn't register the information.
              TL;DR: Can't see the wood for the Trees.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

• Arf

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                  TL;DR: Can't see the wood for the Trees.
                  Curse you Hero - beaten to the punch(line) again
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

...can't see the Trees for the wood...
                    fixed that for you, Richard.

Comment

• Yew can't beat a good tree joke.

A great find Si. Have appreciated a lot of the stuff posted here recently. Enjoyed Funky Charly's generous post above too.
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        fixed that for you, Richard.
                        Thanks alanshearer. I had assumed the double entendre didn't need spelling out, but good to ensure it doesn't go unrecognised. ...A tiny bit disappointed that I don't get to return to this thread and complain that no-one responded to my post, though.

Originally posted by eine View Post
                        A great find Si.
                        This too. And you, BBOB.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Thanks alanshearer. I had assumed the double entendre didn't need spelling out, but good to ensure it doesn't go unrecognised. ...A tiny bit disappointed that I don't get to return to this thread and complain that no-one responded to my post, though.
                          the lad's coming back to this thread, and he must be disappointed that you don't get to complain that no-one's responded to his post.

Comment

• I let out a noise which was half oof and half sigh when I saw the Tree but didn't try to put that noise and feeling into words. This happens quite often but rest assured there are people out here salivating at finds like that.

Comment

• Can we get a smilie of this for future Sie posts?

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• First time in the finds for me. I just don't have them. I'm not allowed to go to boot sales in case I come back with 'more junk', and I don't get out anywhere else much unless it's to pick one of the kids up from University. So my school is taking on a couple of extra years, space has to be found, a music teacher stops me and says 'you have records don't you' (she really needed to follow it up with 'weirdo' because that was the tone). 'There's a box in music room1 if you want them'. So they're mostly classical, quite a few Ben Britten, given our location, so that's good. In amongst them one solitary Jazz LP

[IMG][/IMG]

It'll be wrecked, thinks I, but no; it's fine. Youngblood issue but nice all the same. Also in there, for reasons I find difficult to fathom...

[IMG][/IMG]

Weird eh. God knows what the kids thought the day they spun that one! Anyway it's also in super nick so that's nice.

Small print. For anyone interested my favourite classical find so far is a nice Decca SXL of Britten's 'Friday Afternoons', a piece I really love, and a fantastic sounding Telefunken issue Mozart Flute Quartet played by Aurele Nicolet. Not super rare or anything, just sounds fabulous.
                                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                                X