June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ShereKhan:

The Youngblood pressing of the Shihab is literally bombproof. Great record on any pressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Small print. For anyone interested my favourite classical find so far is a nice Decca SXL of Britten's 'Friday Afternoons', a piece I really love, and a fantastic sounding Telefunken issue Mozart Flute Quartet played by Aurele Nicolet. Not super rare or anything, just sounds fabulous.
      Picked up that Britten plus the Decca Curlew River and War Requiem and Argo Noah's Flood for £2 each in Oxfam a little while ago. Very pleased I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
        @ShereKhan:

The Youngblood pressing of the Shihab is literally bombproof. Great record on any pressing.
        Yes, as I say I'm well chuffed. Only Jazz in the box- what were the chances! And what do you know I buggered up my first 'Finds' post, which should, of course, have gone into July.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Originally posted by J.R View Post
          Picked up that Britten plus the Decca Curlew River and War Requiem and Argo Noah's Flood for £2 each in Oxfam a little while ago. Very pleased I was.
          Great cover on that Britten isn't it. Argo records are always the business- and so cheap too.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Those Trees albums seem to pop up, on the net at least, with some regularity. Anyone know what the pressing numbers were like?

Comment

• I found one of the Tree LP's at the carboot about 8 years back. Unfortunately a dealer found it before me so he wanted £70. Not a bad price in hindsight but always harder to hand over proper money when you know he's just paid 50p. I would happily pay that now of course.
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• I got my copy of "On The Shore" in 1984 (!) - found in the middle of a box full of mint classical LPs in a charity shop. Wasn't my cup'o'tea back then (I was far too busy coveting the first two March Violets 45s) but 30 years on...I kinda like it...
                Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
                  I found these the other week:

It was clear from picking them up that there was no vinyl but I couldn't resist the fantastic designs. A bit of Googling when I got home explained all.

The four I got all have the card inside saying 'I bought this album....'

WF
                  nice
                  Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Working...
                  X