June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    Just like the dealers at our fairs eh Craig. Always sticking $100 LP's in their cheap boxes
    Well, we'll and see what next Saturday brings Nige mate!?
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I like the butt-sniffing elephant - no idea if the record is any good but it's an ace sleeve for a jazz record.
      "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Well, we'll and see what next Saturday brings Nige mate!?

Got me a promo 45 from this album. Today isn't on it but the loop from Pete Rocks Shut em down is. Tom Scott's most elusive is finaly coming out for pocket money
        sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Actually went to a real record shop today and picked up a few. A few through the door too.

Doubled up on these two. Possible trades.
          [IMG][/IMG]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkE6OoK57A

[IMG][/IMG]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iw6NWCxDIk

The guitar sound on this reminds me of Michael Karoli . Do I need to check out any more Howard Carpendale?
          [IMG][/IMG]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UDDF3POFg

Hypnotic, jazzy groover 3 minutes worthof the 11 plus in the clip.
          [IMG][/IMG]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjegnJX4duk

This was a bit of a find, and a revelation too. I was lucky enough to bag an og of Introspection over 30 years ago, which sounds great. Nothing prepared me for the huge sound coming out of the speakers from the 45 version of the 2 tracks from the lp. Blows the lp versions out of the water. Not a minter by any means, but loud enough to get away with it. If this is your bag, buy on sight.
          [IMG][/IMG]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bp1OyO9h4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZ2RHhl6tc
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Nice finds there Paul mate....Like you, I'm a big fan of the End LP, didn't realise the 45 was a different mix!

Comment

It sounds more beefed up Craig. Drums and bass are well up. I've lived with the lp for a long time, and right from the off I noticed the difference.
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                It sounds more beefed up Craig. Drums and bass are well up. I've lived with the lp for a long time, and right from the off I noticed the difference.
                With your ears Paul mate! Never seen a UK, only a US one at Utrecht...On the list it goes.

Comment

not much to report from boot fair this morning..

the reggae 12" seems an obscure one,cant find any info about it??,noel paul stookey(peter,paul&mary) is an australian issue,the max greger is a mint copy
                  ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

June shop cheaps and an import.

Terry Reid - Terry Reid (EMI)

First album from Tez. Obviously delicious guitar playing and excellent vocals. '69 blues rock with one or two folkier tracks.

Jim Sullivan - Jim Sullivan (Playboy)

The second/third Jim Sullivan record, released on Playboy. Has a softer, folkier sound than the first record. Alternative versions of Sandman and Plain As Your Eyes Can See. Growing on me with every listen and recommended to fans of U.F.O.

Terence - An Eye For An Ear (Decca)

Picked up because I saw some chat about it on here and I'm digging it. The more psych tinged tracks are my favourites but the whole thing is good, sort of like an unhinged Scott Walker vibe(?).

The Seven Ages Of Man - The Seven Ages Of Man (Rediffusion)

I knew this was meant to be good and had committed the cover to memory but hadn't heard anything off it. I've only played it through a couple of times but enjoyed it a lot, especially towards the end.

Cal Rock & Roll - Homegrown (Self Released)

Early 80s hard/psychedelic rock, sounds way more 60s/70s but with some crazy synth sounds thrown into the mix. A couple of monster tracks with sweet guitar and moog solos, few stoner rock tracks, some more moody ones and 'Party, Party' which is lol. Love the cover.

Kratgraver, I like that Butts Band LP you said you hadn't listened to yet. This song's very nice:

Comment

Mostly from the market today.

Raymond Lefevre and his orchestra - This is (Barclay)
                      Generally pick up LP's of this ilk. bought on the strength of the covers, they do a lush stringy version of 'In the year 2525', and 'Je T'aime'.

Beaver & Krause - Gandhava (Warners)
                      Bit of a one tracker, but what a track! -

Don Fardon - Lament of the Cherokee Indian reservation (Crescenda)
                      Great organ heavy mod R'n'B, Love 'Captain man' off it, can't find his version, but here's Miki Dallon's version to give you an idea, Don's take isn't far from this as Miki produced it -

Trini Lopez - The rhythm & blues album (Reprise)
                      He has decent stabs at 'Water melon man', and 'She's about a mover' amongst others.

Comment

Beaver & Krause - Gandhava (Warners)
                        Bit of a one tracker, but what a track!
                        Wow..! That's great. I've only got one B&K album and this ain't the one. When I started listening to the track I thought to myself "I can imagine this having a huge beaty breakdown in it" and I wasn't disappointed..!
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Great track ain't it Sie mate...Sounds as though it would have been on one of those late 90's bootleg comps, 'Beyond the valley..' 'Planet of the breaks..' etc.

Comment

Great track ain't it Sie mate...Sounds as though it would have been on one of those late 90's bootleg comps, 'Beyond the valley..' 'Planet of the breaks..' etc.
                            You've nailed it! Exactly...
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

KOREAN FINDS:-

Disclaimer; I'm uploading these pictures remote from my records so will add details later...

Comment

JAPANESE 45'S

I quite like the lady on horseback in the second picture, so I took another couple of snaps of the 45 insert...

Comment

Working...
                                X