June 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    Rave - Various Artists (UA) Has a few good tracks but Hopscotch - Look At The Lights Go Up is worth the admission alone.
    Rather strongly seconded, top track that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
      Carmen Cavallaro - With That Latin Beat delivers, against all expectations, with a scorchio version of 'Voodoo Moon'
      This just about sums up UK seller pricing on Discogs.

US press from US sellers $0.99 - $5.00 http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?r...=3707996&ev=rb
      UK press from UK seller £15.00 http://www.discogs.com/Carmen-Cavall...elease/5680293
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
        This just about sums up UK seller pricing on Discogs.

US press from US sellers $0.99 - $5.00 http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?r...=3707996&ev=rb
        UK press from UK seller £15.00 http://www.discogs.com/Carmen-Cavall...elease/5680293
        We've a copy in the pound section in the shop right now so not all uk selllers

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
          From the local shop (Message is a Re)
          I'm a fan of the Quatrain LP.
          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• online find, took some time to get a copy of this nondescript michigan lounge band , all about the breakz on this one

realworld find, another nice htf brit jazz ep

Last edited by reza; 11-06-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• That US lounge thing looks great, whet's the tracklist on it?
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks man, tasty looking track list, on the list it goes!
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Not expensive just a bugger to find , lots of open drum breaks so tiny bit sought after

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/..._LIVE__MICKEYS

Comment

• Puppet man cover? Nice. Any snippets of it about?

Comment

• Finds from yesterdays car boot and quick shop stop.

Really enjoying the Emitt Rhodes - Emitt Rhodes (Probe). Definitely doesn't sound like an album recorded by one man. I had rips of this but never really gave it a listen, glad to be rediscovering it and it fits the weather nicely. The Mick Softley - Sunrise (CBS) I've wanted for a while but I'm not feeling as much as I thought I would. For some reason I thought it was more psych. Grows on me though, except the tomato song which is weak; it's definitely not bad folk rock.

Digging Clark-Hutchinson - A=MH2 (Decca) quite a lot. Side 2 in particular is great.

Last edited by toby.d; 12-06-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• I did a record fair today. Rather slow as the sun was out. But an old timer bought a bag of records in wanting to off load his treasures. Amongst them were the Trees albums . I offered him £25 for both . Fair enough I though. He was overjoyed. And so am I.
                          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• a couple from my jaunt around chatham/gillingham chazzas,second zoot i found this year..

done it again,doh! put it in mays finds,now corrected :0)
                            ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Been up near The Peaks visiting outlaws, popped in to Manchester and picked up a few bits.
                              Ars Nova 1st lp from 68. Ambitious 1st lp melding rock and classical/baroque. Could be a recipe for disaster but is actually a solid listen.

[IMG][/IMG]
                              Really like the dual guitar on this at about 2.20

Byrds Old John Robertson/ Lady Friend 67 45.
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Fantastic tune on the b side. Hats off to Gary Usher for making sense of the collision of brass, chiming guitars, Byrds harmonies etc.

Title track from the 2nd Ford Theatre lp,
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Blissed out psych 45 from 67. Liza Strike is in there somewhere
                              [IMG][/IMG]

B side of Blue Suede Shoes. Crazy psych tune. Plays like the clip on 45, but sounds pretty good at 33 too!
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Texas 67 garage pop with strong fuzz guitar and organ. Great fun 45.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

B side of Elephant Candy from Texas 68. Understated pop-sike tune on the back of a bubblegum tune. Similar story on their Grooviest Girl In The World 45 (It must have been the wind)
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Great 45 no clip amazingly! From the Crazy Horse Roads lp. Not as overtly psychedelic as A scene In Between, but still a strong groover
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Killer '67 garage punk anthem. Cover of the Standells classic.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Missed this one, got it now! 45 by The Thanes. Both sides good, but the cover of I don't want You by The Anteeks wins it for me
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• the boots were pretty thin on the ground today but I found some nice bits n bobs

UK to Denmark export issue

bootleg of 60's recordings, sleeve was a bit tatty but the vinyl is sweet

Xmas instrumentals, dunno what they were smoking at Charisma HQ but it must have been strong

features clips of jingles and DJ's prattling on, unfortunately it's all rather self indulgent
                                and not in the same league as Capitol's Kenny Everett but you can tell they wish they were

8 track Cornish radio jingles selection

JC's debut 7"

probably released in the wake of the great Bingo craze of 1973
                                it sounds suspiciously like My Old Man's A Dustman to me

sketches written by half the future Monty Python team as well as 2 of The Goodies + Barry Cryer

is there a weirder looking sleeve for an LP released on the budget World Record Club label?
                                dodgy looking DJ's dozen if you ask me

loving the pun on the sleeve, I nearly had a harp attack!

Oh Brother Where Art Thou? eat your heart out

most folks seemed to have not known what this great LP was as it had been sitting in a well thumbed box
                                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X