• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
    I found these the other week:

It was clear from picking them up that there was no vinyl but I couldn't resist the fantastic designs. A bit of Googling when I got home explained all.

The four I got all have the card inside saying 'I bought this album....'

WF
    nice

Leave a comment:

• Mang
    replied
    I got my copy of "On The Shore" in 1984 (!) - found in the middle of a box full of mint classical LPs in a charity shop. Wasn't my cup'o'tea back then (I was far too busy coveting the first two March Violets 45s) but 30 years on...I kinda like it...

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    I found one of the Tree LP's at the carboot about 8 years back. Unfortunately a dealer found it before me so he wanted £70. Not a bad price in hindsight but always harder to hand over proper money when you know he's just paid 50p. I would happily pay that now of course.

Leave a comment:

• J.R
    replied
    Those Trees albums seem to pop up, on the net at least, with some regularity. Anyone know what the pressing numbers were like?

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by J.R View Post
    Picked up that Britten plus the Decca Curlew River and War Requiem and Argo Noah's Flood for £2 each in Oxfam a little while ago. Very pleased I was.
    Great cover on that Britten isn't it. Argo records are always the business- and so cheap too.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    @ShereKhan:

The Youngblood pressing of the Shihab is literally bombproof. Great record on any pressing.
    Yes, as I say I'm well chuffed. Only Jazz in the box- what were the chances! And what do you know I buggered up my first 'Finds' post, which should, of course, have gone into July.

Leave a comment:

• J.R
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Small print. For anyone interested my favourite classical find so far is a nice Decca SXL of Britten's 'Friday Afternoons', a piece I really love, and a fantastic sounding Telefunken issue Mozart Flute Quartet played by Aurele Nicolet. Not super rare or anything, just sounds fabulous.
    Picked up that Britten plus the Decca Curlew River and War Requiem and Argo Noah's Flood for £2 each in Oxfam a little while ago. Very pleased I was.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    @ShereKhan:

The Youngblood pressing of the Shihab is literally bombproof. Great record on any pressing.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    First time in the finds for me. I just don't have them. I'm not allowed to go to boot sales in case I come back with 'more junk', and I don't get out anywhere else much unless it's to pick one of the kids up from University. So my school is taking on a couple of extra years, space has to be found, a music teacher stops me and says 'you have records don't you' (she really needed to follow it up with 'weirdo' because that was the tone). 'There's a box in music room1 if you want them'. So they're mostly classical, quite a few Ben Britten, given our location, so that's good. In amongst them one solitary Jazz LP

[IMG][/IMG]

It'll be wrecked, thinks I, but no; it's fine. Youngblood issue but nice all the same. Also in there, for reasons I find difficult to fathom...

[IMG][/IMG]

Weird eh. God knows what the kids thought the day they spun that one! Anyway it's also in super nick so that's nice.

Small print. For anyone interested my favourite classical find so far is a nice Decca SXL of Britten's 'Friday Afternoons', a piece I really love, and a fantastic sounding Telefunken issue Mozart Flute Quartet played by Aurele Nicolet. Not super rare or anything, just sounds fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• Saint Jude
    replied
    Can we get a smilie of this for future Sie posts?

Leave a comment:

• toby.d
    replied
    I let out a noise which was half oof and half sigh when I saw the Tree but didn't try to put that noise and feeling into words. This happens quite often but rest assured there are people out here salivating at finds like that.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    Thanks alanshearer. I had assumed the double entendre didn't need spelling out, but good to ensure it doesn't go unrecognised. ...A tiny bit disappointed that I don't get to return to this thread and complain that no-one responded to my post, though.
    the lad's coming back to this thread, and he must be disappointed that you don't get to complain that no-one's responded to his post.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    fixed that for you, Richard.
    Thanks alanshearer. I had assumed the double entendre didn't need spelling out, but good to ensure it doesn't go unrecognised. ...A tiny bit disappointed that I don't get to return to this thread and complain that no-one responded to my post, though.

Originally posted by eine View Post
    A great find Si.
    This too. And you, BBOB.

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Yew can't beat a good tree joke.

A great find Si. Have appreciated a lot of the stuff posted here recently. Enjoyed Funky Charly's generous post above too.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    ...can't see the Trees for the wood...
    fixed that for you, Richard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X