No announcement yet.

July finds 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent score on the Small Faces 1st Melter. I can't get over how those old mono Decca lps come blazing out of the speakers after all these years. Stones ones too. What is it about that old Decca stuff, you can get a scruffy looking lp/45, and the music can still cut through it sometimes.
    This sounds incredible with a bit of welly behind it.'66 in a nutshell for me
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Originally posted by treeboy View Post
      Excellent score on the Small Faces 1st Melter. I can't get over how those old mono Decca lps come blazing out of the speakers after all these years. Stones ones too. What is it about that old Decca stuff, you can get a scruffy looking lp/45, and the music can still cut through it sometimes.
      Cheers. Sounds like these old Deccas need to be played to all the vinyl doubters as evidence of the power that this format can wield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
        Christ Almighty, so it is. What a fuckwit.

Rural still life has the same bassist as the sound of feeling Spleen Lp. Unmistakable low end.

sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• In the last 2 weeks I have bought albums on five different charity shops (a mix of independents and big hitters) and in all of them suddenly £2 is the going rate. I smell a cartel!

The latest two pounders:

The Wild Swans - Space Flower. 80s/90s indie sort of passed me by. It is too easy to say it's not my thing so I dip my toe toe in now and then. Like Sea Of Tranquility, the rest of the album needs more plays.

Boz Scaggs - Down Two Then Left. I don't really like Boz's voice, on the other hand there is usually at least one worthwhile track on his albums. We're Waiting is the one here. Loving it.

Elton John - Empty Sky I'm thinking the E man doesn't feature around here too much. I cherish his early albums. In my teens I came to the party with Don't Shoot Me and then went backwards through his catalog but never bought Empty Sky. Very pleased to pick this up. Almost mint and on the translucent red vinyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by candiman View Post

Elton John - Empty Sky I'm thinking the E man doesn't feature around here too much.
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

• Received this album this morning, never listened to it before - some amazing stuff, probably well known on here

Comment

• Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                probably well known on here

Yep, 'Theme one' is a Vulture classic!
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• I put it in that long live the VG / VV classic thread in its original incarnation - 'maid in england'. Theme One can be had on a handy 45 too!
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by Melter View Post
                    Sagram - Pop Explosion Sitar Style (Windmill).

I'm sure you're all aware of it, but this is Magic Carpet related, and not bad at all.
                    https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

• Yes, theme one and by george on my wants list for 45s now

Comment

• Is it sacrilege to say I prefer the VDDG version? GM being an upstanding Beatles related citizen and all that
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Cozy FTW!

Comment

• Some charity easy listening find for 25p each all literally mint. Had to peel the inner sleeve plastic off them.

Ray McVay was a charity shop keeper for me. Nice version of Theme From 2001. Rest from last Sunday's bootfair but nothing really jumping out at me to file

Top right is Sir Coxson Sound - Tribute To Mohammed Ali on the Code Records label. Bottom right is a personal fave of mine and a keeper as i never had the picture sleeve before.

Some 50p 7" from the bootie. First 3 were all keepers. Loving the Peoples Choice.

Marlin is Ralph McDonald - When Is The Love / Claypso Breakdown. Atlantic is Delaney & Bonnie - Comin' Home.

Visual Thinking is a weird SRT private thing that i cant find much info on. Spic 'n' Span is amazingly bad holiday-camp-bonerism.

Comment

• Originally posted by nebkins View Post
                              Some charity easy listening find for 25p each all literally mint. Had to peel the inner sleeve plastic off them.

Ian Lloyd & Stories - Traveling Underground: side two is fantastic, works really well as a whole, well worth giving a few spins.
                              Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• Originally posted by nebkins View Post

Top right is Sir Coxson Sound - Tribute To Mohammed Ali on the Code Records label. Bottom right is a personal fave of mine and a keeper as i never had the picture sleeve before.

Is that helicopter tune 10" on coloured vinyl? I must say I prefer the original 12" to the remix 10"s.
                                Nevertheless a nice find.

Comment

Working...
                                X