July finds 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Lovely stuff Paul. I like funky kpm sounding instro on that blue mink lp - the one based around the wedding march I'd it?
    That'll be the Herbie Flowers tune, Aisles Of White. It's a goodun
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
      I love that album, it's super laid back lounge but nowt the worse for that, beautiful atmospheric stuff.
      Me too! lovely library. Mellow and just the right side of melancholic. Lots of nice flute if I recall.
      Cracking sleeve as well.
      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

• Lovely stuff there Brainbomb. Montreal is a nice stormy forest release The track at the end of Side 2 (Infinity) is incredible. Also good job on the Klan lp, great psych sounds there
        sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
          Smalltown record fair. Decided to go easy and only spent about £35:

Michel Legrand - La Dame Dans L' Auto Avec Des Lunettes Et Un Fusil
          Great soundtrack with a few vocal/wordless vocal tracks but mainly instrumentals. Jazzy groove and top notch swinging now sounds type things.
          Nice one - that Michel Legrand used to be (still is?) a big ticket item.

Comment

• Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
            a few unexpected finds from a cranbrook charity on my way to my parents,these were for a tenner for all...

Lovely LP - top work.

Comment

• Some art rock from CSSR
              Collegium Musicum - Live and Continuo
              Hammel and Varga from the same band - Zelena Posta - really good!
              Nova Synteza 2 (Blue effect) - Really, really good!

Prague Dancing cocktail is from 1962 with Vlach, Karel Duba, Slava Kunst, Miroslav Kefurt etc.

Budd Powell trio and Lucky Thompson; Walt dickerson and Jimmy Johnsun; Stan Getz and "his four brothers" Dick Katz

Comment

• The boot fairs actually had some records to look through this weekend. Salvaged some before they warped in the sunshine.

The covers were the attraction here.

Frankie Valli - Timeless. Couldn't resist a wheel turner.

Gary & Vera Aspey - A Taste Of Hotpot. So truly awful it had to be bought. I'm not holding out much hope for music in the grooves, but it is on Topic.

Pentangling I have been meaning to pick up some Pentangle for ages but this believe it or not is their first for me. 94p has to be the most unusual advertised price I have ever seen on a record. It's not even divisible by 5.

The World Of Dudley Moore. Bulking out those Duds.

Always pick up 60s 45s in good nick and in company sleeves, it seems rude not to. Supremes/Stop!, Stones/Little Red Rooster, Animals/Misunderstood, Alan Price Set/House That Jack Built, Georgie Fame/Yeah Yeah, Kinks/Tired Of Waiting For You.

U-Roy - Runaway Girl / Chalice In The Palace We're getting to the highlights now. Superb in every way.

Screaming Joe Neal - She's My Baby Storming R&B rocker. Didn't know it and it had a slight warp, but it just looked right. Is it an original? No I don't think so. But a reissue has made £50+, there again there are a couple of reissues on t'bay at the moment for £7. Who cares. I love those lyrics.

Comment

• Hmmm, not sure what happened to the pic sizes, Flickr does my head in nowadays.

Comment

• Some cracking finds from you lot this weekend, I too kept myself busy between the sun and the showers.

First up, some decent UK label ska and reggae - centres intact..! that's a bonus...

The pick of these for me are Laurel Aitken's "Jesse James" and the peerless "Dry Acid". Both long-time wants.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Some fine roots / dub too...

That Roy Dobson is one hell of a tune...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Some odds and ends to finish...

That Etta James tune is boss..! I'm gonna guess and state that I'm the last person on VG+ to know about this records yeah..? Thought so...

Comment

• The "Funky Freezer" 45 is from Grenada... fun tune!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post

That Etta James tune is boss..! I'm gonna guess and state that I'm the last person on VG+ to know about this records yeah..? Thought so...
                            Especially as it was used in the BBC coverage of the World Cup... which, amazingly, is where I first heard it (or at least when it first registered with me). I've been on the hunt for a cheap copy since. Yes, boss tune.

Comment

• Sunday's car boot finds

excellent use of paper company sleeve for a band who probably got mistaken for Slade more than they liked

his debut release - a hand stamped 12" promo

don't remember this show at all

Max offers good advice on pit safety bless him, so c'mon singalongwithmax!

Captain Mainwaring SINGS!

camp classic with instruction booklet

great FX LP from 1974

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• This is literally all i could muster in the Maidstone charity shops in the 30 minutes before my work meeting yesterday. Haven't listened to any of them yet. Bottom left is a private SRT thing. Shep Woolley has a track called "Drinking Real Beer And Smoking Real Fags" which intrigues me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X