No announcement yet.

July finds 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got that Johnny Scott 45 too. Paid 10p for mine. Good innit? No idea if he did anything else as good. Anyone?
    http://www.melodig.com/release/12576095/

Picked it up a few years back with some other latin 45s, mostly pony, but also in there, which you may like Mang, was this on Duel records. Great 2 sider for those fun evenings in

Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
      I've got that Johnny Scott 45 too. Paid 10p for mine. Good innit? No idea if he did anything else as good. Anyone?
      http://www.melodig.com/release/12576095/
      "Punjab" - B side from 1966 as featured on my swap CD last year...
      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
        "Punjab" - B side from 1966 as featured on my swap CD last year...
        that's a fine fine record.

and a fine cd.

Comment

Todays fortuitous fifty pence find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwCV2bT75LY
          record licker

Comment

50p well spent. They did a good version of Carpet Man too
            Everyone tear down your own little wall
            That keeps you from being a part of it all
            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Nice use of a 50p piece!!
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                  That's exactly what I said when I pulled it out a €4 crate. It's in a NM condition too. This a relatively unknown in my country although it's a Dutch release. Friends with who I was didn't know this one, now they know.
                  My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post

Johnny Scott Octet "Wildcat Bossa Nova" - got hipped to this by a fellow record nut and been on the lookout for a copy for a while. Great and frantic track.
                    Nice - this has been on my mental non-existent wants list for some time now...

Comment

Another 50p piece of luck...

The Soulful Strings - Burning Spear. Lovely funky instrumental with mbira and flute, b/w slightly bonkers cover of 'Within You Without You'. Aces.

From off that internet:

A quartet of "modern" orchestral albums, lovely intense stuff. The Edgar Varese album has Deserts with all the scary electronic bits intact; Edward Cowie was new to me, but absolutely wonderful flowing sounds inspired by Morecambe Bay, the Bruno Maderna is skittery post-serialist. Yet to spin the Harrison Birtwistle.

Elsewhere around and about, at low low super low prices:

Shame about the cover damage on the Ro-D-Ys - Just Fancy, but only a pound. Really nice Dutch popmodsikeitude with Kinks-ish elements, love it.
                      The Terminal Barbershop - Hair Styles is baroquey versions of Hair tracks, which is discussed in the Hair chart
                      Scrawl - Smallmouth. Ramshackle indie.
                      Viola Da Gamba. Another album dedicated to a lesser-used instrument.

Pleased to have picked up two from the Tresors Folkloriques Roumains series in one go, these are great instrumental showcase albums of Romanian music. The Toni Iordache one is just brilliantly insane at points i(super fast tempos and playing) and the Dumitru Farcas ain't bad, I do love the cover picture there.
                      Toto Bissainthe - Chante Haiti is awesome, hard to describe, if I say voodoo jazz then I will prob'ly get accussed of cliche, plus may possibly conjure up images of Roy Castle, so maybe I'll just settle for adding a clip below.
                      Ennio Morricone - Exorcist II. Another great score, obviously evoking the supernatural with lots of spooky sounds, the title track (Pazuzu) is incredible.

Bob Leaper - Big Band Beatle Songs. Charity shop yielded one of my few remaining Phase 4 wants. As a 1964 album it's all versions of early Beatles songs. Brassy big band, great arrangements.
                      And a trio of nicely stern 12 inchers with Laibach - Across The Universe giving an entirely different slant on the Beatles, and Fad Gadget - Collapsing New People & I Discover Love. Which is a good excuse to post this fave clip of Mr. Gadget nuttering around in tar and feathers, even though it's not an extended version:

Comment

Oooh nice one on The Soulful Strings looks in tidy shape too.
                        record licker

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                          50p well spent. They did a good version of Carpet Man too
                          Speaking of carpets found this Tony Hatch produced side today. Dates from '71. I suppose at 4.35 its a bit of an opus.Nice though.

record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                            Oooh nice one on The Soulful Strings looks in tidy shape too.
                            VG+

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                              Toto Bissainthe - Chante Haiti is awesome, hard to describe, if I say voodoo jazz then I will prob'ly get accussed of cliche, plus may possibly conjure up images of Roy Castle, so maybe I'll just settle for adding a clip below.
                              Most of the songs have a voodoo theme and she made that album with a couple of French jazzers, so I reckon you´re fine. whatever, it´s an astounding record.

This is one of my impossible wants on vinyl- it only seems to have been released on a Haitian comp CD in the late 90s with a couple of tunes from the Chante Haiti lp, and sounds like it may be the same session.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I did not listen to my wive, so no 2 records a week limit yet

Got a bag full of nice Miles Davis records, original Deep Groove RVG Prestige, all the other are Dutch pressings in NM condition on Artone. Those records have a great sound quality. Think the titles are well known.

Got an UK original in VG+ condition, so this in NM condition is very welcome.

Fabulous alternative Dutch only cover, sought after for it.

And the series is complete, walkin' steamin' relaxin' workin' cookin'

Although I said I have enough Herbie Mann records I bought this, great line-up and more interesting than most of his other releases.

A lovely Gabor Szabo if been after for a while, Psych Jazz, listen ...

http://youtu.be/5XvjqXuGH3Y

NM copy of one of my fav Dutch Jazz records.

Well know track with a beautiful picture sleeve.

Also NM, Dutch Garage. Compilation, 16 Outsiders songs

Piano trio with groovy Brasil piano.
                                My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Working...
                                X