No announcement yet.

July finds 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found two Euro disco 45s yesterday which I´m quite enjoying.

Gramophone Revival - Disco Carmen: Basically Fly Robin Fly with added Bizet.

Captain Globo Jr - He Amigo : More Claude Morgan fun

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I just recently found out about The Cake, do people here rate it? Loads of nice finds there Benicio Del Toffo.

Comment

Three hours since I posted Disco Carmen and Captain Globo Jr and still no OOOF

what is wrong with you people?
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

oooooooffff
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Three hours since I posted Disco Carmen and Captain Globo Jr and still no OOOF

what is wrong with you people?
              Shaun I am currently striking you a medal fashioned from pure Disc-onite - this is bascially melted down copies of 'Deco Disco - Camp Galore' LP. Too hot to touch right now...
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Various finds from the tail end of June and July so far. Majority is familiar stuff to the plussers I assume but who really knows and quite a few were new to me.

The Cheerful Insanity Of - Giles, Giles & Fripp (Deram)

Finding this at the local summer fair made my day on Saturday. I knew about it and have had mp3s for a long time but never listened to them, what an amazing record! I didn't have as much time as I'd like to play it over the weekend but still managed 3 or 4 spins through. Perfect pop prog record, evokes images of village greens and English eccentrics.

Fairport Convention - What We Did On Our Holidays (Island)

Rotary Connection - Rotary Connection (Cadet Concept)

My first Rotary Connection album though I do have them all on my computer. This is so good! I wish the condition wasn't so poor on the copy I found. Expertly arranged psych and soul in equal measures.

Judee Sill - Heart Food (Asylum)

Great acid folk/female SSW. Pretty deep vibes on The Donor and some other tracks.

Driver - You Better Take It (Rods)

Private UK Christian rock from 1980. Most of it is kind of furiously played with synthesisers going mad, not always in a good way. "This album recorded at the thaumaturgic Studio Playground Wragby as quickly & cheaply as possible" and it sounds like it but there are some very good moments.

Demian - Demian (ABC)

US psychedelia with loads of shredding guitar. High quality sounds from '71.

Jimmy L Webb - Songs And Words (Reprise)

I had only heard the first song on this and needed to find it to hear the rest. I was pretty disappointed when I brought it home but what an opening track and there are a couple of moments on the rest of it...

Odetta - Sings (Polydor)

Funk and soul covers of Dylan, McCartney, Richards, Jagger etc but the two original tracks stand out above the rest. Really solid southern soul record. Carole King on piano and loads of other famous people playing.

Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality (Vertigo)

Manfred Mann's Chapter Three - Volume Two (Vertigo)

Good records!

The B.B. Jackson Band - Midnight Writer (Moon Music)

Really good, late-night sound of mostly slow rock. Great listen. There is a funky instrumental too, which is nice.

Comment

Some good listening lined up there Toby D
                  Nice find on Demian.
                  That Fairport album has been a solid listen in this house for more years than I care to mention!
                  Everyone tear down your own little wall
                  That keeps you from being a part of it all
                  Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                  You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

The first 2 from a local chazzer the rest from the booter

Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• @ Toby...Nice finds there mate, I'm well jeleous of the Manfred Mann Chapter three Vol II!

I also just picked up that Jimmy Webb, like you say great track, shame the rest of the LP isn't up to that standard.
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Yeah man! The second track on Webb has been stuck in my head today actually, maybe it'll slowly reveal some hidden appeal.

Comment

• Went to Cuba for a couple of weeks and ended up finding 2 copies of Grupo Los Yoyi and some other Cuban LP's. Found the Los Yoyi LP's after a few taxi journeys where I thought I might be mugged (as I'd just jumped into a taxi with 2 complete strangers with the promise of records) I ended up in a house searching through a few collections before I found them. Made the mistake of not taking enough money with me so I had to pass on a mint copy of Ricardo Eddy Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjh392 View Post
                            Went to Cuba for a couple of weeks and ended up finding 2 copies of Grupo Los Yoyi and some other Cuban LP's. Found the Los Yoyi LP's after a few taxi journeys where I thought I might be mugged (as I'd just jumped into a taxi with 2 complete strangers with the promise of records) I ended up in a house searching through a few collections before I found them. Made the mistake of not taking enough money with me so I had to pass on a mint copy of Ricardo Eddy Martinez.
                            Where's the OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF!!!!! emoticon when you need it!!!

Very nice guv'nor.
                            Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

• Went into Waterstones in Malet Street looking for second hand books and bumped into this for only a Commodore!
                              Garrick, Joe Harriott, Ian Carr, Coleridge Goode
                              Well pleased
                              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by tjh392 View Post
                                Went to Cuba for a couple of weeks and ended up finding 2 copies of Grupo Los Yoyi and some other Cuban LP's. Found the Los Yoyi LP's after a few taxi journeys where I thought I might be mugged (as I'd just jumped into a taxi with 2 complete strangers with the promise of records) I ended up in a house searching through a few collections before I found them. Made the mistake of not taking enough money with me so I had to pass on a mint copy of Ricardo Eddy Martinez.

That definitely gets an OOOF - let me know if you're looking for a home for one of these

Comment

Working...
                                X