August finds 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
    Some nice bits there Dave esp Badfinger and King Horror. Just one for me this week which was the Julie Driscoll Open lp.
    thx Paul. accquired a mere 24 hours after your "ooofness" hall at the 'church. Also the boot (not Lansdown btw) had already been going on for about 2 and a 1/2 hours when I picked it all up.

Comment

• In my excitement I picked up what appeared to be a clean copy of "Elis and Tom" although the cover was a bit bent.
      The record is bowed, dished, and warped and now I have the fun of leaving it tightly packed for a few months to see if it will flatten out

50p well spent
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Some prime Australian culture ...

I remember seeing the film of The Club on TV many moons ago. The entire play takes place in one office, but they went overboard shifting the action around and cutting in shots of the team training etc for the movie version. Still worth seeing if you get the chance.

https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
        https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
        https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• Originally posted by candiman View Post
          I was wondering was this paying homage to Ohio Players Honey sleeve with new model, or actual shots from that cover's original photoshoot?
          Homage. Didn't even get to go to the shoot, dammit.

Comment

• Originally posted by eine View Post
            PS, Campag - what is the missing sleeve like? Is it a gimmick? We should do a thread on here about weird sleeves.
            I'm the same with sleeveless records....it never feels like I quite 'own' the record. Crazy really.

Sure you've checked discogs http://www.discogs.com/CMU-Open-Spaces/release/1956755

There was a gimmick on the sleeve in the sense that the LP was housed in a plastic inner sleeve which had a glued foam strip attached to the plastic and then to the actual record sleeve. This caused a chemical reaction which ruined many copies on the first track of each side. I suspect owners removed their copies for this reason and then both record and sleeves eventually got separated. Obviously all you need to do is house it in a normal paper sleeve and avoid contact with the foam strip.
            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
              the promise that Van Gaal does know what he's doing (if someone looks shit and plays shit, chances are he's shit, so sell him - summat Moyes just couldn't grasp).

!
              i don´t understand this bit, Benicio.

The transfer window is now shut and Rooney´s still there

Yours equally in points and equally humiliated in the League Cup

Babyckaert
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                There was a gimmick on the sleeve in the sense that the LP was housed in a plastic inner sleeve which had a glued foam strip attached to the plastic and then to the actual record sleeve. This caused a chemical reaction which ruined many copies on the first track of each side. I suspect owners removed their copies for this reason and then both record and sleeves eventually got separated. Obviously all you need to do is house it in a normal paper sleeve and avoid contact with the foam strip.
                Thanks - that now makes sense!
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  i don´t understand this bit, Benicio.

The transfer window is now shut and Rooney´s still there

Yours equally in points and equally humiliated in the League Cup

Babyckaert

You had to mention that didn't you? There I was, in my DiMaria / Blind / Falcao reverie and you've punctured it by reminding me that we're saddled with an under-performing, undroppable (£300k pw on the bench?), unsellable (Who's giving us £30m and taking on those wages? Plus he lacks the brains to live abroad) oaf who's surely only on the books for commercial reasons. By a long way, the worst thing Moyes did was an amateurish pally-pally act with Rooney, accommodating his outrageous contract demands to try to gain an ally in the dressing room while alienating other players who were paid a lot less and hadn't asked for two transfers in the last four years.

Hopefully, as with several of our other shite players, Van Gaal is cunningly giving out enough rope for Rooney to fade in comparison to DiMaria and Falcao and to prove that King Louis is within his rights to drop the chubby wastrel and eventually move him on.

Anyway, back to the records! Where's the postman with that one I ordered last week? I'll get my dog on sentry duty to issue a reprimand....
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

• just got back in from the booter. Quite chuffed to find a load of near mint trojans and some rock n roll :

Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• Being a comedy singles collector, finding it harder to get stuff I don't have.....

Comment

Working...
                      X