March Finds 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Finds 2015

Slim pickings at yesterday's car boot, but.

Dizzy Gillespie - Afro. Original UK Columbia pressing in rather decent shape. Brilliant afro-cuban wildmen jazz. Plucked from amidst the complete catalogue of The Tygers Of Pan Tang.

My local carboot sale isn't on yet. Lightweights, its too cold for them.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
      My local is a year-round affair, there's an inside for rubbish weather or an outside if wanted. But there are always some gung-ho people pitched outside no matter how wet / icy / windy / plague of locusts-y it is. Soggy Barbara Taylor Bradfords in a mudhole, piles of increasingly rusty scythes, surely someone will buy?

Comment

Nice, that's right up my street. Our biggest car boot doesn't start until the end of March but hopefully some of the smaller ones have picked up. Might make a trip out this coming Sunday. One half decent record makes it all worthwhile. There is one about 15 miles away in a multi storey car park but its almost always bare in the winter months.

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
        Slim pickings at yesterday's car boot, but.

Dizzy Gillespie - Afro. Original UK Columbia pressing in rather decent shape. Brilliant afro-cuban wildmen jazz. Plucked from amidst the complete catalogue of The Tygers Of Pan Tang.
        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
          A month or so before they kick off here as well. There is an indoor car park booter that's been trying to get off the ground all winter, but never really makes it. 30 cars at the most, with the manager running around trying to hold back customers from entering before official opening time 9.30, which is a challenge with the position in the middle of the open car park. What with at least three grippers attending it's usually not worth going there for the mad dash.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

The spring is in the air! My recent finds from local thrift shops and hoarders:

Ray Charles - Selected Songs (Балкантон - ВТА 11890): 'Hit The Road Jack' staple as well as likable live covers of "Eleanor Rigby' and 'Yesterday".

Eruption - Leave A Light (Балкантон - ВТА 11145): 'No Good Searchin'' has a short disco break. Old time classics 'One Way Ticket' is on here too.

Orchester Frank Valdor - Hammond Hit Parade on Somerset label: a medley covering all and nothing. Stand-outs are 'Mony Mony' and 'Der Computer Nr. 3' funky versions. No clips out there.

Knef - Halt Mich Fest (Decca - SLK 16 466-P): Gripped for the 'Von Nun An Ging's Bergab' opener. Funky. Her voice carries so... hers or his??!

Got a copy at the end! VIA Rapsodiya on Melodiya. There is a couple of stomping tunes on this one: Herb`s 'Sunny' cover and 'Love Me Or Leave Me' - long psych funk rock beat. Real jazz rockers. Love it. Recommended.

The most finger licking piece (traded) Arita Shintaro & New Beat ‎– Drum Drum Drum on Spanish Diresa, 1973. Drums sound balmy. Breaks all over. A few easy bits. The sleeve chic brushed her teeth too hard. Been smiled upon. Now on sale here and on Ebay too
            https://www.funksoulrecords.com/es/node/1326

Happy chasing this month everyone!
            DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

I picked up a couple cheap Modulations, Brian Auger and other stables today. At the counter they were selling an expensive Blue Note to a customer. Afterwards the clerk seemed almost embarressed for me bc of me cheapos. He didn't even give me a bag and it was raining. Long live the clueless snobs. Haha...
              LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

I haven't posted any finds in moons but I was rather chuffed to finally find a copy of the Pete Wyngarde album on the weekend. what the hell were they thinking? I'm still trying to conjour an occasion where I might get away with spinning Rape. anyway, it makes a nice companion piece to the Jason King dvds I scored last month.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanP View Post
                  I haven't posted any finds in moons but I was rather chuffed to finally find a copy of the Pete Wyngarde album on the weekend. what the hell were they thinking? I'm still trying to conjour an occasion where I might get away with spinning Rape. anyway, it makes a nice companion piece to the Jason King dvds I scored last month.
                  Well done
                  Where did you find it?
                  "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Newbie US seller on Discogs was parting with his mother's records so I got a long time want for a great price.(AND THE CHEAPEST US POSTAGE since 2005) The record in question is Musica Orbis. A oneshot Lp that was hipped on Waxidermy a few years back. (Did see that a reasonable priced copy on Flashback records called up to enquire if they had it, a reply went from yes to.... Its sold , after some frantic typing on the computer.)

Anyway..... Femme vox, Vibes, flute, commune moves..... I don't care what it sounds like, it's ticked the boxes.

A 1979 comp was found too for pence so will be nice to hear their other (later sound) when they shortened their name to Orbis.
                    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

https://instagram.com/p/zulh08Szhd/

Fiver the lot. Looked better than the usual chud bucket. Lots of late 70s promos from RCA and Decca. Quite a few sports related novelty items. Two by Eddie Kidd.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I thought someone said it was easier to post from instagram that something like photbucket. What am I doing wrong here? Basically it's a pciture of a bag of 45s.

John Peel

Comment

Do they look like this?
                          The Downstairs Lounge
                          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Funnily enough they do....now any useful clues?

John Peel

Comment

You need the direct link - so do a right click and choose 'view background image'. That'll give you the picture URL, then use that in Insert Image. BINGO!

Comment

Working...
                              X