March Finds 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    I seem to remember that Wayne Kramer 45 was recorded with The Pink Fairies, but I could be imagining it. I like the MC5, but I've never picked that 45 up, does it give any info on the rear sleeve?
    On the rear we find that "This record costs £1.00, Wayne Kramer was once in a band called MC5. He is currently serving five years for conspiracy to traffic in cocaine. £1.00 do not pay less or more"
    No doubt as a joke the record is DEA/SUK 1
    It's also numbered 58883

In answer to your Fairies question the B Side - Get Some - is credited to Farren/Kramer. So there's very likely to be Fairies involvement
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• man, rather digging that Cook Da Books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOpIEhTq2c

Comment

• Talk about April showers! Bit of a downpour recently (comparatively anyway). This is them

[IMG][/IMG]
        I'll go through them as the pic is a bit pony.

Music Machine - Double Yellow Line / Absolutely Positively. About time I landed one of these, came in cheap and filthy, cleaned up lovely, sounds fantastic.

Baskerville Hounds - Space rock pt1 / pt2. Killer, fabbo instrumental (almost) with all sorts of sound effects, cheesy organ, big drums.

The Damned -Smash it up
        Dead Kennedys -Holiday in Cambodia /Police truck . Couple of £1ers, my favourite DK 45.

Bent Bolt & the nuts - The mechanical man. Fun, novelty 45 from '66. Stoopid

The Greek Fountains - Countin' the steps / Blue Jean. Early '66 beaty garage 45.
        The Jordan Brothers - Gimme some lovin' / When I'm with her. Good version of the S.Winwood tune
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49baQiZ0Fgg

The Front Porch - Shake Rattle & Roll / Song to St Agnes. Bizzarre version of SR&R. Gerry Rafferty meets Relatively Clean Rivers!

Kaleidoscope- Black Fjord / If you so wish. Alternative mixes RSD release. Picked this up at Le Beat Bespoke. This is a black vinyl, white label copy with "promotional use only" and #008 stamped on it. Picked up 2 copies. Anyone interested PM me.

Cruciferius - Music Town / Mister Magoo. Fantastic 2 sider. Picked this up dirt cheap as there's a chip in the run in groove which means you can't play the first couple of seconds of Mister Magoo, but Music Town side is ok.

The Montanas - That's when happiness began / Goodbye little girl. Absolute banger, searing fuzz, great harmonies, up there with The Red Squares 45 IMO.

One more before I go
        [IMG][/IMG]

Macabre -Be forewarned / Lazy Lady. Straight off the top of the wants list and onto my turntable, as loud as I can get away with. This is the early issue with the mis-spelling on the label, Macbre instead of Macabre. Private, elusive 45 from '72.
        Stoked

Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Tasty haul there Paul, got one of them Cruciferius at Utrecht a few years ago, great double sider, have you heard the LP, think you'll like it?
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Lovely stuff Paul. Well Jel of the Macabre.

New LBB LP eh?? I'll need to get me one - is it on general release yet and what's on it?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Oops! Forgot about the LBB #6.Choc full of PMDs Lee I flagged it up in Today I Have Been Listening to thread.
              http://shop.detourrecords.co.uk/V/A-...oke-6-LP-NEW-M

Get it. You'll love it. You'll have to buy a record sooner or later, this is a good one Didn't realise there were only 500 of them though!

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                Tasty haul there Paul, got one of them Cruciferius at Utrecht a few years ago, great double sider, have you heard the LP, think you'll like it?
                Might have known you'd have it Craig I'll have a listen online. I really like both sides of the 45, so that bodes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                  Might have known you'd have it Craig I'll have a listen online. I really like both sides of the 45, so that bodes well.
                  The LP's a bit heavier sound wise, it's more in prog/psych vein, sounds like a LP on Deram/Nova.
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Balls! I put it in the wrong thread like a doughnut. I always was behind the times!

Comment

Working...
                    X