No announcement yet.

September Finds 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like a monorail but blimey doesn't that cable car look unsafe!
    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
      EXACTLY what my wife said when she saw that sleeve!
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
        If it's the one at the Filey camp that ran over the chalets and down to the beach, I can personally assure you it was terrifying, especially the massive bump when you went over the support towers - it's no wonder I never developed a head for heights!

you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

That looks terrifying, if only for the colour of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
            If it's the one at the Filey camp that ran over the chalets and down to the beach, I can personally assure you it was terrifying, especially the massive bump when you went over the support towers - it's no wonder I never developed a head for heights!

Don't remember the monorail but that chair lift used to take you down to the beach. The Mad Mouse roller coaster , now that was a rickety bumpy ride... and The Beachcomber bar was another favourite haunt...in training as a lounge lizard.

record licker

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
              That looks terrifying, if only for the colour of everything.
              ...haha, know what you mean....although that carpet in the Beachcomber Bar is priceless...It seems such a long time ago now that my memories have worn a bit thin...but the feeling of that 'bump' on the chair lift will stay with me forever I fear...........the terrifying heights.....the kodakcolor....the sheer horror....now, you too can relive it all!

...although they've edited out the 'bumps' I notice......

Comment

Can't do fairground rides. When I was four, mum took me, my sister and a couple of other kids on the Waltzer for the first time. As soon as it started, I'd had enough, and not being one to grizzle or even scream in terror, I hopped off the seat, ducked under the bar, and was heading for the exit when my mum caught hold of the collar on my coat and held on to me, (standing up, the wrong side of the big handle thing you are supposed to hold on to!). Apparently I struggled all the way through the ride to break free, but my mum's a mountain girl with a grip of steel. Sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it. That chair lift doesn't look too bad really. The girl seems to be enjoying herself.
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

She's enjoying the view - steam train behind some fencing, carpark, warehouse, supermarket, shed. Breathtaking.

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                    Can't do fairground rides. When I was four, mum took me, my sister and a couple of other kids on the Waltzer for the first time. As soon as it started, I'd had enough, and not being one to grizzle or even scream in terror, I hopped off the seat, ducked under the bar, and was heading for the exit when my mum caught hold of the collar on my coat and held on to me, (standing up, the wrong side of the big handle thing you are supposed to hold on to!). Apparently I struggled all the way through the ride to break free, but my mum's a mountain girl with a grip of steel. Sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it. That chair lift doesn't look too bad really. The girl seems to be enjoying herself.
                    I had the pleasure of riding Dave Taylor´s Waltzer at the Cartmel Races last week. It was brilliant, scream-out-loud fun, and the music was ace. Best bit was the cool, blank-faced young lads running the ride, skipping on and off the bucking boards backwards and occasionally leaping horizontally right onto the cars to give full momentum. Not a hi-vis tabard in sight, either. If I had a daughter I´d completely understand if she got knocked up and abandoned by one of these young princes.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

It'll be black armbands all around the day we see hi-vis tabards at the fairground. "Can't go on the Wall Of Death without a hi-vis matey......rules is rules"
                      Went on the slides at The Hayward on Sunday, not too bad, I could cope with them. When they had them in the Turbine Hall at The Tate, I went down the highest one and thought I was having a coronary! It's the loss of control that gets me.
                      This one was ok

This one wasn't

Should have taken some sort of recorder to the tate. The blood curdling screams were something to hear.

Sorry.....did we get a bit diverted there?
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                        Sorry.....did we get a bit diverted there?
                        Ahem yes, I suppose so....let's get back to some important finds....Exotica!.....including 'that' carpet!

Comment

I´m not sure which is scarier. The cocktail with apple garnish at 45 seconds or the Tiki idol emitting a visible curse from its eye at 2:10
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Ah, loved Butlin's when I was a kid, you couldn't get me and my brother away from that boating lake....

Comment

Agua Viva - 'Poetas Andaluces'/ 'Cantare' - Haven't quite worked out the background to this one - the A side appears to be a poem by Rafael Alberti set to some pleasant music, but I was hooked by the more adventurous and melodic B side, Manolo Diaz's 'Cantare'...

That's the 1st song of my coming Xmas Swap cds

When I was in Spain this summer I picked up a couple more of their singles. Aguaviva was a band that I didn't know much about but the more I listen to them the better they sound.
                              ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

There was a similar one on the pleasure beach in Blackpool which I believe opened in 1960 and got shut down in the late nineties. Completely open rickety metal cab swinging in the wind, riveted together and patched over time with an 80 foot drop onto solid concrete. I never braved it myself and surprised it stayed open for so long. For some reason whenever someone mentions cables cars it makes me think of Columbo, Roddy McDowell and exploding cigars.

Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                                X