Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babycart View Post
    He´s called Camarao, master of the sanfona accordion from Pernambuco, who worked with Luis Gonzaga (the king of forro), and other Pernambuco accordion kings such as Sivuca and Hermeto Pascoal. He died in april this year.

Forro is brilliant - really addictive folk music with a strange, tough breezy vibe that seems to be native to the north-east of Brazil. I always suspect there´s links with cajun music because of the accordions and triangles, but I don´t think there´s any connection.

Gonzaga's your main man, but there´s loads more. the forro on vinyl blog is immense, and full of hidden jewels.

Splendid hats, too.

Many many thanks for that primer... just what I needed. I shall explore that blog with haste...

You're right - splendid hats.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
      I heard I missed you in Newcastle at the weekend - hopefully that was fruitful for you, that collection sounds bananas... Yes it's been too long since I heard you spin Sie... any more news on the Morecombe night?

Fife reivers has been a longtime want for me ever since Mr. Divine introduced me to it, i never thought i'd stumble across it in the Irish hinterland... Cheap but not in the greatest nick, shame as its great.
      Hey Fuz, good to see you're still trawling! Got a spare Fife Reivers, will check the condition if you need to upgrade...

I'm keen to hear that Tony Evans "Hot Pants" 45, someone mentioned it to me a while back. Guess I'll need to just hit Eclectic Mud one night!
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://m.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine54/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
        Hey Fuz, good to see you're still trawling! Got a spare Fife Reivers, will check the condition if you need to upgrade...

I'm keen to hear that Tony Evans "Hot Pants" 45, someone mentioned it to me a while back. Guess I'll need to just hit Eclectic Mud one night!
        Yes please on the upgrade...! When oh when are you gonna hit the Mud? Please don't say November because I'm away working... sometime soon I hope...

Hope your well sir!
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Rockin... love both sides Cha cha twist / Hey sailor, but that's all Ive heard... any other recommendations?
          I love this Otis Redding's cover they did.

Great eclectic selection of records you have there. It's the same kind of stuff I go for now: interesting looking records that nobody seems to care about. There is always some little gem hidden away that makes my day.
          ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Great stuff Fuzz....glad to see you're still digging up unusual records.

Like Craig I'd be well happy to find that Smooth As Raw Silk.
            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Rockin... love both sides Cha cha twist / Hey sailor, but that's all Ive heard... any other recommendations?
              Just get everything . One of my favourite live bands too....they haven't been over for a few years, but if you ever get the chance etc.
              2nd album is a killer
              Shout Bama Lama is on it
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
              X