Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2015

Edited selections from this seasons haul...

I didn't want to jam up the present finds thread and anyway some of these were obtained back in May... Thanks to those on here I encountered along the way - especially those on this board and in particular Mr. Highland Coo, deeply indebted sir!

Too many to write up and to be honest I haven't listened to them all yet, but if there are any questions / querries just ask...

As usual a right old mix of everything from the odd to the excellent, just how I like it... 45's to follow.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Is that El Combo Xingu an OG? Great find, if so
    ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

Here come the 7's

God help the ears of anyone who happens to at an Eclectic Mud in the near future...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRegent View Post
        Is that El Combo Xingu an OG? Great find, if so
        It is indeed - very cheap, maybe because although it looks in decent enough nick, it has a bit of bacon n eggs going on in the background... hopefully a good clean and PVA glue may help.
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

lovely stuff, Fuz, the Xingu being an obv highlight...

you need to flip that James Spencer 45, for "Take This Woman Off The Corner"...

https://youtu.be/OaMv9xNI4AY

and that Jon Hendricks thing looks interesting...

Comment

As usual, great stuff there Fuz mate. I don't know most of them, hope you do another chart at some point.

Good to see you landed the Beau Brummels you'd been after for a while. I'd like to know how you get one with the 'Silk - smooth as raw', I've been after one for a while as there's a Ford Theatre connection, think one of them produces it,or something.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I had the pleasure of looking through, and listening to some of this pile last night. Fuz hasn't photographed the full tottering stack of vinyl - impressive in itself but the sheers number of LPs in it that I've never seen before was amazing. Also Fuz's bravery on some of his punts is impressive

Top marks went to the bonkers Xian weirdness of 'Jen on Sunday' and the charm and ambition of the pub band covering the Who's 'Tommy' in it's entirety, one a single LP and with roughly 3 instruments - amazing!!

The Nottingham Castle Rock sampler from 73 had some great tracks on it and has gone on my wants list and the Bulgarian version of 'White Room' was both surprising and excellent.

We only scratched the surface and I've no doubt Fuz will unearth a bunch of redeeming features from the massive stack of records.
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Never thought I'd see a Club Montepulciano 7" turn up in the finds.

Nick sampled this (if memory serves) for that one:

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                  Fuz will unearth a bunch of redeeming features from the massive stack of records.
                  It was great to see you as well, and thanks for the chat, company, records and the aural pleasures of your record box.

Yup, the idea is another chapter of the Redeeming feature at some point in the near(ish) future...
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                    It was great to see you as well, and thanks for the chat, company, records and the aural pleasures of your record box.
                    Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

"So bona to vada...oh you! Your lovely eek and your lovely riah"
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I love this site
                        I would almost certainly have left most of those records behind if I'd seen them and I'm sure I'd have been wrong (with the exception of the Judge Dredd record which is really really bad)
                        Fuz - I know there's loads of them but it would be great to have a run down of what's good and why you picked them up
                        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I picked up the Steve Elgin 45 on the basis that the B Side had been included on Bob Stanley's fleetingly available "Tea & Symphony" comp and was not prepared for the track that sits openly and proudly on the A Side. Rapidly became one of my favourite 70s 45s. I'll wager that it wasn't ever played on daytime Radio 1...
                          Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Looks like great fun to me
                            I almost have 2 of them :
                            Oddly enough i did find too that hype polluted Black Soul LP last august & bought it out of shame!
                            Did you play it already ? Not me
                            And that unloved Big Sound comp has LX Chilton connections i think.

Comment

Plenty of interesting looking stuff for those winter nights there. So glad someone else likes The Detroit Cobras.
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
                              X