• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPFlapp
    replied
    Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Whats the Ethiopian one... I know the one to the left - sounded a treat of a honk/skronk on the stall...

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ask any questions dudes
    some honking, skronkin and stonkin records there, Boney. well jell.

Coincidentally, I bumped into Dreadlocked Cap'n Shipton in the street today (lives round the corner from me), he suggested that I come with you next year. room for a little un on the FK bus?

Leave a comment:

• BoneyVotel
    replied
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ask any questions dudes

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    woah some great choices , that Cortijo is a total killer , love to know how much Hummingbird cost at Utrecht but I know thats bad etiquette

Leave a comment:

• BoneyVotel
    replied
    Smashing! A great time and twas good to hook up again with the extended crew and to chew the fat about this and that. Records are a by-product in some senses.
    Anyway - some finds pron - a reet bloody racket on some of these....
    Looking forward to the next one and catching up again

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• BoneyVotel
    replied
    Testing this as it has been a long while since i posted!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Lovely stuff Andy. Lusting after a number of those finds. A good year for pulling the Jigsaw records, with Nige bagging the lp too. Tumblin' is a long time want of mine, had to laugh when you told me how you got it.
    Have a great time on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

Juliette - L'Agent Secret - NOT the Petula Clark track, but only cost one measly Euro. That's, like, 70p or something - nuts!
    This is by Sheila (of B.Devotion fame) but you'd probably worked that out.
    Last edited by Milesago; 01-12-2015, 11:58 AM. Reason: inability to spell

Leave a comment:

• The Divine One
    replied
    Right, take three. My stacks look quite small compared to everyone else's - guess that's what you get for choosing to grift through the cheap boxes and hunt alone! Although the bargain buckets seemed to yield less treasure this time (seems to be decreasing each year), there were a few pleasant surprises. I've just pictured the collection keepers and left out the trade chud fodder...

BIG ONES

Belladonna Of Sadness - always nice to catch up with the Finders Keepers crew, would have been rude not to pick this soundtrack up in person.

49 Greek Street - compilation of Sandy Roberton tracks, not featured elsewhere. Synanthesia is the highlight - cheers Boney!

The Prisoners - Wisermiserdemelza - had this many years ago, but foolishly got rid. Weird thinking that in 1983, these dudes were ripping off tracks from 1968 (15 years previously). This album is now over 30 years old, making it twice as retro now as the source material it was influenced by at the time...

Charanjit Singh - Synthesizing: Ten ragas To A Disco Beat - a bizarre Indian electronic album from 1983, now credited as (unknowingly) being the first acid house record. Not quite sure that description quite fits, but a great listen. Was amazed this was still on a wall on the Sunday (especially since it was in really clean shape, amazing for an Indian record), so some heavyweight Glaswegian haggling and the amazingly strong pound ensured this came home for a (relative) bargain price...

WEE ONES

The Doors - Peace Frog - for the last five years this has been on my Utrecht wants list, but it wasn't until this year that a copy very nicely dropped into my lap...

Ofo - The Book - afro-funky gear. Not as good as the earlier Ofo & the Black Company 45, but what is?!

The Snap Shots - Hip Hip Hurray - well known phased modpsychdancer.

Juliette - L'Agent Secret - NOT the Petula Clark track, but only cost one measly Euro. That's, like, 70p or something - nuts!

Strange Brothers Show - Shakey Jakes - funky mod gear, nice UK copy.

Jigsaw - One Way Street - my first (and only?) "air-punch" moment of the weekend. The later version - had to go through every single on the stall I found this on, in case there was any other niceness lurking. There wasn't, but managed to pick up all manner of chuff in the process. What happens in Utrecht stays in Utrecht, right lads?! "ooh, I wanna dance with somebody..."

Elizabeth - Je Suis Sublime - I like to treat myself to at least one wee treat, and this "swinging madamoiselle" classic was this years.

Jigsaw - Tumblin' - another Jigsaw classic, another cheeky wee bargain.

The Spoetniks - Flying Monsters - cool Belgian phased gear, seems to be pretty under the radar.

Rufus Thomas - Memphis Train - R'n'B banger, nice minty demo upgrade copy.

Keith & Ken - I Won't Let You Go - one of the best vocal ska tunes, and already a Divine club classic. Except the version I had was credited to the Blues Busters (also a great version) and nearly led to two punters having a fight over its true identity. Hopefully this EP will avert any future "Glasgow kisses"*.

Alton Ellis - Only Sixteen - you never see Studio One 45s up this neck of the woods, so when you see classic rocksteady in nice shape for a nice price, you just grab!

Barely had a chance to listen to these in the preparations for the big Divine birthday bash on Saturday... Great to see everyone and time to get saving for next year!

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom B View Post
    Johnny Ventura Bobine - Can't find much about this online, really catchy Colombian dance track

There´s a history of versions of Bobine (written in Spanish) here. Seems it´s originally a French Antillean song that passed through Guadelupe, Haiti, Dominica and Panama. I used to grudgingly play the Banda Blanca version at salsa nights when their Sopa de Caracol was a massive hit.
    Merengue really went bad in the 1980s

Leave a comment:

• Mescal
    replied
    Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
    @Tom B - Roger Damahouzan Wait For Me - banger indeed - I'd like one of those - have it on "African Scream" comp

Orchestre Poly Rythmo - winner too

I Am Drum - highly recommended.

@Nige - the record I was taking about whilst wandering similar to the St Pauli Nachrichten disk i by Ruud Bos "Naakt Over De Schutting" - there is a decent comp by him on vinyl as a try out...

Been enjoying the clips people have been firing up...
    What's the story with naakt over de schutting?

Nice lp ...

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    @Tom B - Roger Damahouzan Wait For Me - banger indeed - I'd like one of those - have it on "African Scream" comp

Orchestre Poly Rythmo - winner too

I Am Drum - highly recommended.

@Nige - the record I was taking about whilst wandering similar to the St Pauli Nachrichten disk i by Ruud Bos "Naakt Over De Schutting" - there is a decent comp by him on vinyl as a try out...

Been enjoying the clips people have been firing up...

Leave a comment:

• Tom B
    replied
    Here's what I picked up:

LPs:

Broselmaschine S/T - lovely German folky psychy LP, well-known to many here I'm sure
    William Onyeabor Atomic Bomb - nice to find in decent condition
    Karen Dalton In My Own Time - Dutch press, a few duff tracks but mainly excellent. I see Adele is a fan...
    Nass El Ghiwane S/T - very nice drone-y Moroccan business

Hackamore Brick One Kiss... Been holding out for this at a decent price, nice to finally pick one up
    JR Monterose Is Alive In... Another long-time want
    Fairport Convention - S/T - UK original press in very good nick, rude not to
    Trader Horne Morning Way - as above...

A couple of recent things...
    Kamasi Washington The Epic - Hadn't realised this was out - bought from Kamasi's dad on the merch stall
    I Am Drum - great African comp, as also bought by Mr Flapp. Only 300 of these I believe - well worth picking one up

45s:

Orchestre Poly Rythmo de Cotonou E So Plait Mi A - Deep jazzy sound from Benin, beautiful song
    Amara Toure Temedy / Fatou - Another lovely West African single, from Senegal
    Roger Damahouzan Wait For Me - JB style Ghanaian banger
    Johnny Ventura Bobine - Can't find much about this online, really catchy Colombian dance track

Lloyd Parks Keep On Moving - I always pick up Mala 45s, hits far outweigh the misses. Nice drum break on this one.
    Wendy Alleyne Can't Control My Emotions - Too late to put on my Caribbean swap CD but this is fantastic, down-tempo and soulful stuff
    Fadaul Sid Redad / Tayeh - Jaw-dropping Moroccan version of Papa's Got a Brand New Bag coupled with a banging garage track. Looks like some quantity of these has turned up recently.

Not sure I'll make it back every year but it's worth going at least once, to see what all the fuss is about.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    A few sounds to go with my Sunday picture.
    All Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Mescal View Post
    Those are some great 'finds' my friend!

I could have bought the records you bought
    Me too...Roll on Wednesday for our next listening session Nige mate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X