No announcement yet.

December 2015 finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been really idle on the interweb over December due mainly to drunkenness and birthdays and Christmas and seemed to have acquired pile upon pile of charity shop records from one source or another. Let's just say this is the highlight from Reg Varney, who started my own personal vinyl revivial way back in 1996:

Reg Varney - A Variety Of Varney:

The Downstairs Lounge
    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
      I've been really idle on the interweb over December due mainly to drunkenness and birthdays and Christmas and seemed to have acquired pile upon pile of charity shop records from one source or another. Let's just say this is the highlight from Reg Varney, who started my own personal vinyl revivial way back in 1996:

Reg Varney - A Variety Of Varney:

Dunno about the music but I want his tie...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
        Dunno about the music but I want his tie...
        For when you're on the buses?
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          For when you're on the buses?
          No - for this months "fancy dress" Eclectic Mud, did you not get the memo?
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• Is that not every month?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• I had wondered why you had become so fond of wearing a big red nose, spinning bow tie, yellow checked oversized trousers and big flappy shoes of late...
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• That's some beer they serve at the 'Mud nights
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Originally posted by giantchicken View Post

Maruja Garrido - 'Che Camino' EP - This is more like it, Maruja's strong voice leads us through four songs from her 1968 album with some handclappin', guitar slappin' gypsy rhumba going down in the background. I'm guessing that the song 'Don Simon' is more about the sangria than the orange juice, going by the visuals on this very pop 1975 TV rendition which doesn't really do the record justice...my but she's a rather luxuriously appointed lady isn't she?...

The video is standard Valerio Lazarov-directed 70s insanity. I watched this aptly titled tribute (The Delirium of Valerio) to him last year and dreamed furiously afterwards

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/c...lerio/2862514/

The Maruja Garrido show definitely had a surrealist theme. Here´s a paranoiac-critical Billie Holiday cover from the same show.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Wow, thanks a million for that BC - a tremendous show that had me gripped from start to finish - art, trash, beauty and hilarity all thrown in the mixer - right up my street - Lazarov is a genius! Seriously I'm going to have to sit down and watch that again, this time with Google Translate and a pen and pad to jot down some of those great tunes....cheers fella!
                    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

• Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                      Wow, thanks a million for that BC - a tremendous show that had me gripped from start to finish - art, trash, beauty and hilarity all thrown in the mixer - right up my street - Lazarov is a genius! Seriously I'm going to have to sit down and watch that again, this time with Google Translate and a pen and pad to jot down some of those great tunes....cheers fella!
                      Glad you enjoyed it, GC. there´s lots of Lazarov on Youtube, too, but that programme features loads of stuff from the RTVE archives that can´t be found anywhere else. Short snippets, sadly - I´d happily shell out for a box set.

RTVE are putting more of this stuff up, though. Try Irreal Madrid (Unreal Madrid) - a football-related extravaganza from 1969. Locura total.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X