December 2015 finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2015 finds

I'm sure I've missed posting about quite a few November finds. I went to a mini record-fair in another town last week and dove into some cheap 45 boxes, and came home with a good pile.
    These are more recent though.
    In the mail yesterday:

Maybe this is too obvious stuff, but when I by chance came on Tradera (Swedish eBay) to see that there was only a starting bid on this with minutes to go, I threw in a low bid which to my surprise was not overbid in the last seconds. Really happy for this and in EX condition, I really love Troggs 45s.

From the charity shop yesterday.
    Christallen is Xian slightly funky horn rock from 1968 or 1969. I had heard a track by them that was promising, but turns out it was from the follow up, this one is pretty pedestrian.
    This is maybe the best track, an instro...

Eileen is new to me, maybe a known Euro 45 here on VG+? Apparently she was American and moved to France, recording French, German and Italian versions of Boots. Being the daughter of Lee Hazelwood's publisher must have helped in securing the deal. I actually like this version, a bit rougher sound than the Nancy version.

And this is the best label sleeve I've found for a while. No record to go with it, and judging by the label output there's not a lot I want.
    A POP on PEP is TOP, whatever that means?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

That's a great Troggs 45 CD. Very similar to the b side of Wild Thing too. Cool Scandinavian sleeve too.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
      A POP on PEP is TOP, whatever that means
      Consuming a can of Pepsi is an excellent notion?

Our stimulant pills will assist in your athletic endeavours?

Comment

Having consumed your Pepsi, the resulting flatulence is something to be applauded?
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
          Consuming a can of Pepsi is an excellent notion?

Our stimulant pills will assist in your athletic endeavours?
          I'm not even sure that you could get a Pepsi here at that time.
          Their marketing department must have been on something at the time, judging by the slogans.

"bolaget med de S-märkta skivorna"
          The label with the S-marked records. The S-mark would refer to the Safety stamp applied to tested electrical appliances, or the national sticker on Swedish cars? Or perhaps to the ruling party at the time, the Social democrats?

"Schlager som slår!"
          Schlager that hits! Tautology warning...
          "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

vinyl odds and ends I've picked up in the past few days

I was most pleased with this curious Saydisc LP which according to the label is a 'Limited Edition',
            though it's hard to imagine it ever sold many copies. It was also released on CD a few years ago.

The sleeve for this LP may have been inspiration for this Pink Floyd compilation as it also came out in 1971.

Lovely tunes from Victorian Barrel Organs to musical boxes also released in 1971.

I have bell-ringing albums but this is the first one I've found with them accompanied by a guitar.

This was only 49p so I couldn't resist hearing these oldies slaying the oldies.

A nice pair of JM comps.

A BBC 12" single of narration for you to read / listen along to the Gremlins movie.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

first find lot of december , this morning, dont know where to start, havn't played any of them yet , who's the expert on this sort of stuff ...MPFlapp, TomB ...?

and a few more that may be more my cup of tea , possibly, I'll do some reviews in the following days

Comment

Remember that Swedish xian being better, does it have the picture w a filter on the back, or maybe I had the other album? ��

The Gremlins story record is badass.Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

The sleeve for this LP may have been inspiration for this Pink Floyd compilation as it also came out in 1971.

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Wow great haul Reza, I wouldn't have a clue where to start either but it looks magical. I think I used some of that 'mechanical music' on my XMAS swap cd last year HG.

Anyway what with my wife's health and finishing off the XMAS Swap mix and masses of other meaningless shit like Plumbing problems yesterday it might surprise some that I haven't listened to any of the black stuff for a few weeks now (most of my music has been listened to via PC or mainly in the car!) but have picked up a few odds and ends alongside other stuff I've already posted that I still haven't got around to listening too:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I usually avoid 'Swingle' albums but have noticed it gets a bit of love here so nice copy I'll give it a go same goes for Louis Armstrong but its all gospel songs so I thought it might be worth an ear. The Scott Walker although a best of is in stunning condition so couldn't leave that and a bit of guilty pleasure in Bobby Darin.

The relate shop finally moved some of their 'Vintage Books' to the 20p section so picked up some paranormal gubbins and lots of sci-fi and general pulp fiction and a stray Carlos Castaneda which I already have a reprint of:

Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

got the bug again

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

post Utrecht buys
                      You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

wow free jazz overload, I'd like to hear your review of that Detlef Schönenberg album , looks dead interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                          Remember that Swedish xian being better, does it have the picture w a filter on the back, or maybe I had the other album? ��
                          It does have a picture with a filter on the back. It just doesnt do it for me, so it's in the out pile.

DANSA MED TV, from reza's post, that's Jan Johansson, right?

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                            wow free jazz overload, I'd like to hear your review of that Detlef Schönenberg album , looks dead interesting
                            Will give it some proper needle time and the report back Reza.

BV
                            You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
                              It does have a picture with a filter on the back. It just doesnt do it for me, so it's in the out pile.

DANSA MED TV, from reza's post, that's Jan Johansson, right?
                              Yes correct , its ok imo , unusual mix somewhere between a library and a jazz album , not sure if its a keeper , more listens needed

Comment

Working...
                              X