Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2016 finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post '19' but it was the TOTP theme for a time during the late eighties. Embedded in my head from childhood, they may have commissioned him off the back of his '19' success I don't remember although I do seem to remember it got to about 18 in the charts.

    Yep it would seem musicians were using some kind of Wireless MIDI and audio system not commercially available at the time and bass players could strum and play riffs.

    I don't see Paul Ross getting one anytime soon sadly.

    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    N-N-N-N-N-Nope! but a great vid. the banks of synths without a single cable is also impressive. Used to annoy me watching TOTP, also the drummers miming to what were clearly drum machines.



    these are only Waltham Forest Council's own blue plaques, not the official English Heritage ones (there's also David Bailey and Fanny Cradock, mispelt with two "d"s, round the corner). None for Jonathan and Paul Ross yet

    The Star Wars make-up guy was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Freeborn - "the grandfather of modern make-up design". Modelled yoda on a combination of himself and Einstein. He also did the chimps from 2001
    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

    Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

    Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post

      A splendid Bonzo/Nazi crossover, 'Legs' Larry Smith - Springtime For Hitler:


      Amazing sleeve. Never knew Legs Larry Smith had a solo career, any good?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
        Amazing sleeve. Never knew Legs Larry Smith had a solo career, any good?
        It's a very faithful rendition of the version from the film, complete with big dance band, backing singers and tap dance effects. I do wonder why Mr Legs chose this song to make (as far as I know) the only solo vinyl release of his career.
        The Downstairs Lounge
        http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
        http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

        Comment


        • Whilst I was in Warsaw I managed to get hold of these two original Polish posters. Both are from 1973 and are A1 size, I'll hopefully get them framed soon.




          Comment


          • Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
            Andy Stewart - Donald, Where's Your Troosers?:

            ............wos' going on here? In terms of no troosers and visual design. Is he in a privy looking out?
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by eine View Post
              ............wos' going on here? In terms of no troosers and visual design. Is he in a privy looking out?
              Andy is opening his porridge drawer, Eine. The Scots make a bulk amount of porridge, pour it into a special drawer where it sets and carve a slice out when they're hungry.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                It's a very faithful rendition of the version from the film, complete with big dance band, backing singers and tap dance effects. I do wonder why Mr Legs chose this song to make (as far as I know) the only solo vinyl release of his career.
                Not quite. He was certainly behind this release, which some claim also features some future members of Yes....



                ...with this oddity on the b-side, with a line up supposedly including Keith Moon and assorted Bonzos (and later added as a bonus track on the CD version of the Bonzo's 'Keynsham')

                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  Andy is opening his porridge drawer, Eine. The Scots make a bulk amount of porridge, pour it into a special drawer where it sets and carve a slice out when they're hungry.
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X