Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2016 finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ahmed Abdul-Malik and Orient Express are great records, only have reissues too though

    Comment


    • #32
      I'm loving the 'Ahmed Abdul-Malik' record. I went on the jazzman site to buy the 'Chris McGregor' reissue and ended up browsing for ages as well as looking on YouTube for clips and ended up buying these instead. I don't regret my decision though.

      Originally posted by bongolia View Post
      Ahmed Abdul-Malik and Orient Express are great records, only have reissues too though
      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

      Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

      Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by amidar View Post
        I'm loving the 'Ahmed Abdul-Malik' record.
        The other essential Ahmed Abdul-Malik Lp is this one:

        Comment


        • #34
          Cheers SirSlim!
          Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

          Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

          Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

          Comment


          • #35
            Mixed joy in Milton Keynes today with nice a stash of Funk & Soul 7"s at 25p each
            and the LP below which caught me by surprise considering what it could have been!



            This has very similar artwork to a super rare album (below) by the band Locomotive titled We Are Everything You Are



            However it turns out to be an Italian compilation which was released around the same time, shame...



            Still, there were better things were sitting in a charity shop box!















            The Garden Facebook Blog

            Comment


            • #36
              Score! Woman Of The Ghetto, 25p! Ouch! and OOOOf. All for

              Comment


              • #37
                Both on EMI as well, bet 'Norman Haines' wasn't happy if he ever found it! Maybe he 'nicked' it himself from the Spanish comp!

                Oh and another Ooofff on the singles. I have no luck on 45's in chazzas at all ever...
                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by amidar View Post
                  Both on EMI as well, bet 'Norman Haines' wasn't happy if he ever found it! Maybe he 'nicked' it himself from the Spanish comp!

                  Oh and another Ooofff on the singles. I have no luck on 45's in chazzas at all ever...
                  my secret? I go while your at work!

                  there was a huge box of singles in Age Concern, the woman said "the bloke who sorts them didn't come in this week so we thought we'd just put the box out"
                  music to my ears haha, so I just sat on the floor and picked anything remotely Soul or Funky as I honestly didn't know a lot about these - just diggers intuition.
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    As an aside still cant find anything about the 'Fernery Fair' single but the follow up release was this:

                    http://www.discogs.com/A-Band-Called...elease/5893265

                    Funnily enough the 'Doris' single which is ABCD01 is credited to 'R.Webb' as is my 'Fernery Fair' single, don't hear any heavy metal in it mind you!

                    I'm really enjoying the A side to this (Poor Man's Dream) complete with flute, the flip not so much, from my bit of research and a blog post (which also alerted me to ABCD - A Band Called Doris, Doh!) I'd say this was the 'Doris' acoustic guitar player and chief songwriter's solo project no idea where he/they were from or how many were pressed being a private press. I wonder if he did an album under the 'Fenery Fair' tag.

                    Only 4 releases shown on discogs for the label a single and album by 'Doris' and this. I'm pretty sure the dutch CD shown has been misfiled!
                    Last edited by amidar; 09-02-2016, 11:54 PM. Reason: more info
                    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                    Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                    Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                      there was a huge box of singles in Age Concern, the woman said "the bloke who sorts them didn't come in this week so we thought we'd just put the box out"
                      music to my ears haha
                      Ha ha, excellent.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                        I honestly didn't know a lot about these - just diggers intuition.


                        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Was in a recycle shop looking through the LPs the other day, all priced at 500 yen, about 3 quid each, which would have been OK if there had been anything interesting, but there wasn't, at least not for that price. Then I spotted this on the shelf:




                          Hmm, image from discogs not showing up. Anyone know how to fix it?

                          https://www.discogs.com/Beatles-Arti...elease/3059778

                          I asked the owner's wife how much it was and was a little surprised when she said 300 yen. All the discs are in there and in good condition. I guess I just got lucky this time. I'm not a huge Beatles fan but there's some interesting stuff I haven't heard on it before ...
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                            I'm not a huge Beatles fan but there's some interesting stuff I haven't heard on it before ...
                            Hmm, not a bad score on the face of it, but really this is just a collection of stuff that's been out there on the web for free download for years, if you could be bothered to do the mousework - I'd guess the quality varies quite widely since a lot of that stuff was horribly compressed...
                            you can hear colours when they rhyme...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                              I'm not a huge Beatles fan but there's some interesting stuff I haven't heard on it before ...
                              I'm a huge Beatles fan...send it to me
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I would never have been bothered to do the hard labour. I'll give it a listen, rip if necessary and send it on it's way. I'm a big fan of even really dodgy bootlegs. The 1st one I bought was an Echo & the Bunnymen which sounded like it has been recorded from inside a cushion. This appears to have been collated by Beatles nutters.

                                Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                                Hmm, not a bad score on the face of it, but really this is just a collection of stuff that's been out there on the web for free download for years, if you could be bothered to do the mousework - I'd guess the quality varies quite widely since a lot of that stuff was horribly compressed...
                                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X