X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melter
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    The Best Of Cal Tjader, another Tjader lp and a Les McCann one a bit higher up.

Your avatar is a basket-woven tribute to Gex: Enter the Gecko on the Playstation, but i don´t know where one would find such a thing.
    Eagle eyes!! Incorrect with the avatar though.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Are there two ways of spelling this because I thought it was Chiemi Eri but I notice both you and Babycart spell it with the 'r' and 'm' reversed?
    No. i got it wrong. i always get her wrong for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    I always pick up Chieri Emi rekkids when I see 'em ... lovely voice, good arrangements ... she did a lot of stuff with the Tokyo Cuban Boys ...
    Are there two ways of spelling this because I thought it was Chiemi Eri but I notice both you and Babycart spell it with the 'r' and 'm' reversed?

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Couple in the post, don't know why anyone doesn't outbid me on these but is desperate to outbid me on more popular guff when there are reissues available for roughly the same price and on the right labels too. I give up trying to buy anything half known on eBay these days. First up:

Don Cunningham Quartet - Something for Everyone

American reissue recorded live in the 'Living Room of the Playboy Lounge St Louis' Don was obsessed with Exotica and Les Baxter at the time making this a crazy mix of jazz and exotic grooves with customary 'Quiet Village' cover, its totally fab.

Various - Ready or Not Vol 2

Collection of Jazz from the 'CBC Radio Canada Archive' Bought from the same guy who seems to have good taste or has just come into a collection of some decent jazz and hip hop records from America. Mixture of modal and Soul Jazz, 'Deep' as some twattish DJ's might say. Its a good collection at any rate.

Last edited by amidar; 08-06-2016, 10:26 PM. Reason: just not juts...

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Melter View Post
    Got back yesterday from a raiding trip...sorry road trip that covered roughly 1500 miles. I will definitely have been on someone's turf but before you all panic no charity shops were emptied of their raers in the process.

Only got time for a taster shot at the moment, will do a full listing later. Not a massive pile admittedly but did have family to consider so I'm taking it as adequate.

The pic is deliberately obfuscated to hike up the mystery (don't get excited folks!). Bonus points for anyone who wants to have a crack at what's in there before I do a proper post and if anyone knows where my new avatar was shot.

The Best Of Cal Tjader, another Tjader lp and a Les McCann one a bit higher up.

Your avatar is a basket-woven tribute to Gex: Enter the Gecko on the Playstation, but i don´t know where one would find such a thing.

Leave a comment:

• Melter
    replied
    Got back yesterday from a raiding trip...sorry road trip that covered roughly 1500 miles. I will definitely have been on someone's turf but before you all panic no charity shops were emptied of their raers in the process.

Only got time for a taster shot at the moment, will do a full listing later. Not a massive pile admittedly but did have family to consider so I'm taking it as adequate.

The pic is deliberately obfuscated to hike up the mystery (don't get excited folks!). Bonus points for anyone who wants to have a crack at what's in there before I do a proper post and if anyone knows where my new avatar was shot.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    In moderation my father in law thought it was a miracle ingredient and put it everything. On top of that he couldn't cook, first time I went for a Sunday dinner there was this dish in the centre of the table that was green and I thought 'looks quite nice that, some kind of thai curry or pesto thing' I supposed so I took a bit and it was some weird stone cold fish thing he'd made up which would horrify Rick Stein.
    I quite like the sound of that.
    My love affair with MSG began as a child and my grandma would let us cover our dinners with Aromat. I think she thought it was full of wholesome herbs or something. It's full of salt and yummy MSG.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    In moderation my father in law thought it was a miracle ingredient and put it everything. On top of that he couldn't cook, first time I went for a Sunday dinner there was this dish in the centre of the table that was green and I thought 'looks quite nice that, some kind of thai curry or pesto thing' I supposed so I took a bit and it was some weird stone cold fish thing he'd made up which would horrify Rick Stein.

It was early on in the relationship and I felt I had to eat it. No one had warned me not to eat anything he put on the table. I'm still clueless as to what I ate that day but it definitely would had had MSG in it.

Why not? MSG is delicious.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    I always pick up Chieri Emi rekkids when I see 'em ... lovely voice, good arrangements ... she did a lot of stuff with the Tokyo Cuban Boys ...

I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied

I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    A man gotta have pocket money, innit ... I'm not a Williams fan but this little rekkid is great ... he sings in Japanese and he does OK ... one of the tracks is really really good ... Sutekina Sora Wo ... I contributed it to an online project but I can't remember where it is now ... old man

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Didn't see you had 2 45s on there by Peggy Scott..... I'll check out the other one.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    Blue Things for Los Salvages Lee?
    What's the Peggy Scott Jo Jo Benson 45 Lee? I really like "I wanna love you baby".
    Done.

It's pretty good mate. Electric sitar soul stomping

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    What's Andy Williams doing advertising MSG?
    Why not? MSG is delicious.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Blue Things for Los Salvages Lee?
    What's the Peggy Scott Jo Jo Benson 45 Lee? I really like "I wanna love you baby".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X