• Show
Clear All

• amidar
    replied
    'Mongoose' - TOOOOON!

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    What's Andy Williams doing advertising MSG?

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    I was in Barcelona last week for the Primavera festival. Yes, very good, thanks for asking...apart from the Radiohead hordes making life difficult and expensive, I avoided them like the plague so I can't let you know if they were any good. Top acts I saw were Beak>>, Cavern of Anti Matter, Suede (the greatest hits set), Selda and Dinosaur Jr.

Anyway - I trawled the shops for 45s as usual and went back to La Bola for a morning. Found a few nice things but I get the feeling Barca is dug to death on a regular basis. I was chatting to the bloke in Daily Records and he said you really have to get out of town to get any results. Everything I picked up was cheap though and I did get lucky wth a couple of punts (and not so lucky with a couple).

here's some for me

and here's some spares:

This isn't actually all of them and I have a few PO finds to post so I'll be back.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    'ere we go

Everything's still in boxes but made the journey safely the 10 minutes down the road to the new apartment ...

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    That's good to know Beater, hope they are legit.

Originally posted by Beater Pan View Post
    PMG, an Austrian reissue outfit (which on first glance looks legit) just recently reissued the Niagara LP and S.U.B., amongst other goodies all of which came/are coming out this year.

Leave a comment:

• Mescal
    replied
    I read somewhere that they were boots?

They're reissuing a whole lot of very rare African albums, which is good

Leave a comment:

• Beater Pan
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    There is a small series of these. The Niagara one is basically the first two lps but some of the others are comps. It's a cheap(ish) way of getting some rare German stuff

https://www.discogs.com/label/473371...man-Rock-Scene
    PMG, an Austrian reissue outfit (which on first glance looks legit) just recently reissued the Niagara LP and S.U.B., amongst other goodies all of which came/are coming out this year.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Cheers LDJB, your'e a gent.

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    There is a small series of these. The Niagara one is basically the first two lps but some of the others are comps. It's a cheap(ish) way of getting some rare German stuff

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Nice find on the 'Niagara' even if it is an upgrade . I had no idea of this series of German rock comps anyone care to fill me in a bit more about their origins?

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Slim pickings at the car boot

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    After being without a proper Internet connection at home for about 2 weeks while we moved, I'm finally back on and am looking forward to posting some pics of my failed attempts to stop buying during the move.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Nice find on the 'Niagara' even if it is an upgrade . I had no idea of this series of German rock comps anyone care to fill me in a bit more about their origins?

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    I've been in Barcelona for a long weekend at the Primavera festival. Spent a couple of mornings trawling the shops and returned with a pile of fun 45s - I'll post these when I've caught with my lip a bit. I also bought this fine brace of long players at about 1:30 am this morning at one of the stalls at the festival. Got an OK deal after a bit of haggling - nice and very knowledgeable bloke too.

The Niagara is an upgrade for my ropey copy. The Havelock has been in the wants list for some time. Spaced out, trippy psych jazz rock with drums and fuzz and a bloke muttering about stones. Think Vannier / Serge with a bit more LSD and you're close.

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    I trawled the early morning market, the car boot sale and the nearby neighborhood sale and had a good day, forty cheap 45s came home with me. Mostly commons and gap fillers but I was really really pleased to
    find this:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X