No announcement yet.

June Finds 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always pick up Chieri Emi rekkids when I see 'em ... lovely voice, good arrangements ... she did a lot of stuff with the Tokyo Cuban Boys ...

Originally posted by babycart View Post
    I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I always pick up Chieri Emi rekkids when I see 'em ... lovely voice, good arrangements ... she did a lot of stuff with the Tokyo Cuban Boys ...

I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.

Comment

In moderation my father in law thought it was a miracle ingredient and put it everything. On top of that he couldn't cook, first time I went for a Sunday dinner there was this dish in the centre of the table that was green and I thought 'looks quite nice that, some kind of thai curry or pesto thing' I supposed so I took a bit and it was some weird stone cold fish thing he'd made up which would horrify Rick Stein.

It was early on in the relationship and I felt I had to eat it. No one had warned me not to eat anything he put on the table. I'm still clueless as to what I ate that day but it definitely would had had MSG in it.

Why not? MSG is delicious.
        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
          In moderation my father in law thought it was a miracle ingredient and put it everything. On top of that he couldn't cook, first time I went for a Sunday dinner there was this dish in the centre of the table that was green and I thought 'looks quite nice that, some kind of thai curry or pesto thing' I supposed so I took a bit and it was some weird stone cold fish thing he'd made up which would horrify Rick Stein.
          I quite like the sound of that.
          My love affair with MSG began as a child and my grandma would let us cover our dinners with Aromat. I think she thought it was full of wholesome herbs or something. It's full of salt and yummy MSG.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Got back yesterday from a raiding trip...sorry road trip that covered roughly 1500 miles. I will definitely have been on someone's turf but before you all panic no charity shops were emptied of their raers in the process.

Only got time for a taster shot at the moment, will do a full listing later. Not a massive pile admittedly but did have family to consider so I'm taking it as adequate.

The pic is deliberately obfuscated to hike up the mystery (don't get excited folks!). Bonus points for anyone who wants to have a crack at what's in there before I do a proper post and if anyone knows where my new avatar was shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Melter View Post
              Got back yesterday from a raiding trip...sorry road trip that covered roughly 1500 miles. I will definitely have been on someone's turf but before you all panic no charity shops were emptied of their raers in the process.

Only got time for a taster shot at the moment, will do a full listing later. Not a massive pile admittedly but did have family to consider so I'm taking it as adequate.

The pic is deliberately obfuscated to hike up the mystery (don't get excited folks!). Bonus points for anyone who wants to have a crack at what's in there before I do a proper post and if anyone knows where my new avatar was shot.

The Best Of Cal Tjader, another Tjader lp and a Les McCann one a bit higher up.

Your avatar is a basket-woven tribute to Gex: Enter the Gecko on the Playstation, but i don´t know where one would find such a thing.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Couple in the post, don't know why anyone doesn't outbid me on these but is desperate to outbid me on more popular guff when there are reissues available for roughly the same price and on the right labels too. I give up trying to buy anything half known on eBay these days. First up:

Don Cunningham Quartet - Something for Everyone

American reissue recorded live in the 'Living Room of the Playboy Lounge St Louis' Don was obsessed with Exotica and Les Baxter at the time making this a crazy mix of jazz and exotic grooves with customary 'Quiet Village' cover, its totally fab.

Various - Ready or Not Vol 2

Collection of Jazz from the 'CBC Radio Canada Archive' Bought from the same guy who seems to have good taste or has just come into a collection of some decent jazz and hip hop records from America. Mixture of modal and Soul Jazz, 'Deep' as some twattish DJ's might say. Its a good collection at any rate.

Last edited by amidar; 08-06-2016, 10:26 PM. Reason: just not juts...

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                  Are there two ways of spelling this because I thought it was Chiemi Eri but I notice both you and Babycart spell it with the 'r' and 'm' reversed?
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                    Are there two ways of spelling this because I thought it was Chiemi Eri but I notice both you and Babycart spell it with the 'r' and 'm' reversed?
                    No. i got it wrong. i always get her wrong for some reason.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

The Best Of Cal Tjader, another Tjader lp and a Les McCann one a bit higher up.

Your avatar is a basket-woven tribute to Gex: Enter the Gecko on the Playstation, but i don´t know where one would find such a thing.
                      Eagle eyes!! Incorrect with the avatar though.

Comment

Not exactly finds but this week's purchases

Comment

me too ... i can never get it right either, and i should really know better ...

No. i got it wrong. i always get her wrong for some reason.

Comment

I visited my mother in a small town a bit up north. I usually visit on weekends, when the neighbor town's large charity shop is open, but on a weekday, I could visit the small Red Cross shop that's always been closed when I've visited. I had very low hopes, but these two stuck out at 50p.
                            The Brothers soundtrack by Taj Mahal was a bit underwhelming and doesnt do anything for me, will go straight to my outbox. I fear it will eventually return to the charity circuit.
                            Mickey Newbury's first record was more interesting, you can certainly hear the seeds of what was to come on Mabel Frisco Joy. His original of Just Dropped In (too see what condition my condition was in) was surprising, it's not as striking as the First Edition hit, more a strange mix of country and psych.

------------------------------------------------------
                            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
                              The Brothers soundtrack by Taj Mahal was a bit underwhelming and doesnt do anything for me, will go straight to my outbox. I fear it will eventually return to the charity circuit.
                              I felt the same at first and didn't play it for a long while but recently it has had plenty of air time. Its laid back vibe grows on you.
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I'd agree Medlar, love Taj Mahal but not one of his most instant, great Chazza find. I had a similar thing to Cratedigger today I took the wife to the Dentist in a dusty part of town that has a charity shop, something to do with Dogs or animals in general. Anyway its never open, a bugger to park but this time it was so it was only a small walk from the Dentist so I took a trip. Pulled out a lesser spotted 'Alan Haven' thought that's my lot there was a lot of Xian too. Anyway I said how much for the Records and '10p she replied' so all the Xian came home which is good as one is quite a rare Jamaican spirituals one.

Also minted up my well played owned for years copy of 'Three in a Cell from somewhere else and found some strange Cornish Folk and local Private press Jazz which isn't of much cop, the jazz at any rate yet to brave 'John the Fish' but 50p each well spent says me. The jazz one annoyed me slightly as its label is named after what I was going to call my own imaginary record label but it is from 1971 so arse burgers to them.

Will post them all when I get a chance, get the camera out for once.

Not from that album but my favourite Taj song, any excuse. :

On a side not tried out the 'flubit' site. You locate something on Amazon type in the URL and they find you a cheaper deal elsewhere. Probably not good for lesser known records but I saved myself 4 quid and seems HMV out does them on some records dont know if they use any other merchants for music.

Oh and its still too bloody hot up North!

Comment

Working...
                                X