X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Never been a huge fan of the first 'Caravan' album it never struck a chord with me and it was the first thing I ever heard by them. I found it on CD in a dusty second hand shop sometime in the 90's. Didn't put me off investigating further though thankfully. I agree though cracking find that 45 well deserved of an OOffff.
    Love their debut over anything else they did ....

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Never been a huge fan of the first 'Caravan' album it never struck a chord with me and it was the first thing I ever heard by them. I found it on CD in a dusty second hand shop sometime in the 90's. Didn't put me off investigating further though thankfully. I agree though cracking find that 45 well deserved of an OOffff.

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    Whats BBOB?
    Me

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
    couple of little ones from todays bottfair..

Caravan on Verve at a booter? What a touch! Been after that for an age, so I'll give that an ooff!

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Lol, someone should tell 'Davie Dunbar' Giant Hedgehogs hate it when you steal their bananas!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    by 1969 things had taken a weirder turn including Pinheads and killer cats

thats probably enough annual nonsense then, haha

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I have been flicking through some of these old annuals I picked up at a car boot last week,
    the 1963 Dandy Annual has some pretty amazing cartoons but others which are well, blimey!

Leave a comment:

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    couple of little ones from todays bottfair..

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    A plusser with very good taste, who constantly comes up with great suggestions and some top steers, which very often result in my wallet being a bit lighter
    Sorry Cacapo, I was referring to Boi Bach O Bethel.

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    Whats BBOB?

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied

Ananda Shankar is the 75 label, 76 sleeve press.
    Beast 2nd lp on Evolution
    45s are
    Jaki Whitren - Human failure
    Clive Alan Orch & Singers- ep on Avenue with a top version of Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Six of the best top hits ep- also on Avenue . Good version of Double Barrel, with compressed piano sound replacing the Hammond of the og. Sounds a bit punchier as a result.
    Holger Munzer - Drop out. Great flip. Saw this flagged up by BBOB, nabbed a cheapie.

Roy Orbison - Twinkle Toes. Fuzzy Roy job
    Joe Tex - I gotcha. Funky job

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Dropped a load of records off at a local charity shop that had none in and then dropped a bunch off at the local market, whilst there grabbed these for free. :

[IMG][/IMG]

Twice times Keyboard Jazzed up versions of classical pieces on WRC released in 1966. Listening now not bad to be fair, file under Bach Jazz. I never realised there was so much of this kind of thing.

Nina and Frederik Have no idea why I picked this 10" up, never seen it before looks in EX condition.

Trio Albert Raisner - Magic Harmonica Not one you see everyday in fact I've never seen it ever and its Mint. Could go either way. I'll update my thoughts. EDIT: Latin tuneage on harmonicas with drums and a bit of organ. No lost classic but an interesting piece of exotica in different circumstances it would cheer me up but its not having that effect today, definitely one to save for a future mix I think.

Goombay Dance Band - Sun of Jamaica Polish press, again no idea in fact I thought I'd put it back. Hopefully a chazza will profit or I'll find some use for it.

Shelley Manne - My Fair Lady Vol 2 Having bought vol 1 reissued on MFP (not had time to play it) seemed fate I should grab this on vogue.

Oh a fresh copy of 'Matt Berry - Witchazel' came in the post, hoovered up 3 of his albums pretty cheap this week and the wife enjoys his music so its a win, win.
    Last edited by amidar; 26-06-2016, 02:14 AM. Reason: sun not son!

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
    Charity shop found for a pound:

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan has unappealing cover art and includes an unappealing giant poster.
    I hope you will agree the music in the grooves is very appealing. Fools Paradise, Little Boy Blue, Sweet Thing, Circles all essential. Rufus with Chaka made some great music, a truly unique mix of soul and funk. They were a key part of the soundtrack to my teenage years.

I just wish they would issue remastered versions of their albums, some of them have muddy sound.

Leave a comment:

• moecurlythanu
    replied
    This is a great track that got a lot of FM airplay at the time...

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Nice one Benny, what I've heard so far I'd describe it as 'Kooky Yacht Rock' in the 'Starbuck' vein.

I love LP's with really pretentious titles, probably the Proghead in me.

Know who Andy Newman is now 'Thunderclap Newman' didn't resonate as never been into the Who and any of their side projects. Anyway everyone knows 'Something in the Air' and he sadly died in April of this year.

Flamingos album is pretty terrible but has some spoken word samples I could find a use for but sound wise they just sound pretty much like 'The Drifters' as I suspected. The odd track has raised an eyebrow but nothing to get excited about.
    Last edited by amidar; 24-06-2016, 07:31 PM. Reason: Too many smileys man...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X