Clear All

• LDJB
    replied
    Oooffff!! The Attack at a booter!!

Leave a comment:

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    few bits from todays bootfair...

plus a few other lp,s..hawkwind,groundhogs,tontos expanding headband,buddy rich

the ozo and the attack single will be up for trade..just gonna do that now

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Cant edit for whatever reason so here is the first record:

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Busy day and week coming up but still managed to do a few chazzas in a town I've not done for a bit. Wished I'd took a pic but 'Cancer Research' had '19.99 on Amazon/Ebay' with varying prices on albums once even said '10 on CD!' like the market for collectible CD's has any kind of crossover. Made me laugh but I left with this cheap/exploito comp:

Various - The Name of the Game Cheapest at 3 quid and probably the best thing there.

On to the Red Cross for a couple of 50p jobs. Seem to remember someone bigging this up so I gave it a go:

Shelly Manne/Andre Previn etc - My Fair Lady

Some MFP Xian from the same shop:

Kids Praise 2

On to another and these 2 at 1.99 a pop, they also had a Voodoo Party with a European Sleeve but I'm not that much of a completist and quite skint. Funny couldn't find one for years and found 2 since I got given one.

Penny McLean - Penny Canadian Disco I think from 1977.

Supermax - Don't Stop the Music German Disco released in 1977.

On to the Oxfam bookshop had some interesting Blues and Jazz on Fontana some I had other heavily priced up especially the Blues stuff. They had a mint 'Curried Jazz' hidden in the classical section but I couldn't justify the £19.99 price tag so got this double for £3.99 instead:

DJ Cam - Substances Some DJ hairlines on one record but the other is clean both should play fine I hope. 90's trip hop I suppose. :

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Was gonna say earlier that 'Nelson Riddle' one from 1970 sounds quite cool but its gone. You only seem to come across the 1950's ones around here.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Never seen either of those, the cover would grab me on the 'Sounds Today' and no doubt the tracklisting. There was one with 'Blues' in the title I saw the other month but when I looked at the tuneage it was just dull swing numbers from memory so I left alone.

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    There is actually a Les Baxter Conducts 101 Strings album... used to have it but think it's gorn.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    It's not Astro Sounds, but I think I found my "Sounds of Today" fairly cheap, which is another good 101 Strings, where unamed studio guys tackle stuff like Ode To Billie Joe, and this:

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    I've never seen it, I see the 'Sugar and Spice' one a lot which is terrible but I'll be on the look out now. I'd written them off completely apart from their psyche/sc-fi excursion LP which I don't think will turn up in a chazza but weirder things have happened I suppose.

Give it a few years and this vinyl revival thing will start filling chazzas and boots with great finds.

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
    Spent up people, is probably the answer. He brings in 100s - 1000s of albums.

It's super-lush but it somehow works.

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Some nice finds Sono, who leaves a Monk lp behind especially a British Press.
    Spent up people, is probably the answer. He brings in 100s - 1000s of albums.

Originally posted by amidar View Post
    How is is 101 exotica album on a scale of Les Baxter to Carlini's World of Strings?
    It's super-lush but it somehow works.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Some nice finds Sono, who leaves a Monk lp behind especially a British Press. Also that's 2 'Crystal Illusions' this month well worth it for the title track in my humble opinion. How is is 101 exotica album on a scale of Les Baxter to Carlini's World of Strings?

This came in the post yesterday late on , big hit for Stones Throw I would think ex Lootpack man snapped up by the majors soon after. Forgot to add, cheap ebay buy no one bothered to out bid me. :

This is the big tune from the album of course seem to remember it was on a TV show or something, could be wrong, the kids know it as I've been singing various basterdised versions of it to annoy them. :

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Some recents from the wilds

Tim Souster - SW1T DR1MZ. Interesting avant garde meets pop excursions - the electronically processed viola solo that sounds like whale song is great. Lovely stuff.
    Andy Mackay - Resolving Contradictions. Following a visit to China, this album is based off of or reflects on Chinese music styles.
    Mikis Theodorakis - Z. Finally grabbed a copy of this well-known soundtrack on the cheap.
    A couple of late 80s ECM albums I didn't know the artists - Mikhail Alperin, Dino Saluzzi. Both are stylistically what you'd expect, although Saluzzi is a bandoneon player so that records has a melancholy Argentine-tinged ECM sound which is super.
    101 Strings - East Of Suez. Their 'exotica' album, thought I'd never find one, finally turns up in a charity shop.
    Theolonius Monk - The Golden Monk. The guy that turns up at the car boot once or twice a year with bucketloads of awesome records for cheap was there. But I wasn't, until very late on. I picked this from the bleached carcass of his stall - 90% of the records he'd bought already gone.
    The Sergio Mendes albums were charity shop pick ups, couldn't leave them behind.

Two Richard Torrance albums! I love Richard Torrance. Shocking cover art may be a clue to why he never really hit the big time.
    I decided to purge all my Dory Previn albums. Then I decided that was stupid, because she's brilliant. Then I bought a copy of We're Children Of Coincidence And Harpo Marx to move closer to Dory Previn completionism.
    Gary Myrick - Language. Chazza punt, 1983 mini-album which has some catchy slightly odd rocky stuff.
    Les Reed - The Music Of Noel Coward. Never seen this one before. Not really a Coward fan and this instrumentals album doesn't rev things up enough for me.
    Rockets - Plasteroid. Daft silver spacemen disco grooves.
    A couple of classical lesser-spotted albums, and a beat up Otis Redding album for a quid.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    There is a track on "Karate Amazones" which to my ears follows the "Dirty Harry" format - driving rhythm + ethereal vocal overlay. But not as good.

Leave a comment:

• DRSMITH
    replied
    Amen Karma

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Nice one with the Amen break b side, stylesforfree

on that very subject, there's an interview with the guy from the winstons on this podcast, and how he make zero cash from it:

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...hard-l-spencer

sad, but interesting

[QUOTE=stylesforfree;582736]
    Couldnt pass this up for a tenner in ex condition

Leave a comment:

Working...
X