july 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by candiman View Post
    Did you see my comedy haul posted here recently, it included The Bridge On The River Wye - by Milligan/Cook/Sellers/Miller
    I think that's what jogged my memory

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
      Chocolate Milk, more funk and actually not bad. But not a keeper for me.
      I've been playing Time Machine lots recently after digging it out
      Exceedingly beautiful.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
        in a ruthless Waxidermy style, I was considering purging my Richie Havens LPs actually... (other than the Going Back To My Roots 12")
        Do it!
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I am getting stricter in my old age by rarely paying over a pound for anything
          I find in a field to add to my ever bulging racks.

This was a nice find, the guy actually said "thats rubbish, what would you ever want that for?"
          it turned out to be pretty good really with this

and Green Onions standouts

From the same guy was this fag smoke smelling 50p gem from '69

Not sure if they are any good but I hadn't seen them before and they were in good nick, and cheap

This looked like it was literally unplayed! I am prepared to break it in

some 50p singles

I picked this Wombles 7" up for the cute insert with it's incredible prize offer,
          I tried Googling any images of The Wombles on top of the Empire State to no avail.

Duane Eddy singles turn up quite often in boxes but I hadn't seen this one on Parlophone before

I had not come across this UK Caedmon single before either

Lot's of grubby tunes on this double album of dubious pleasures
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Carrying on with my space theme earlier in the month

With a bit of bee Gee's added, bloody fine album that
            No luck in charity's so this lot off discogs

Comment

I do like how I can scroll up this page from the bottom and immediately recognise certain peoples finds - Judge Dread followed by The Poetry of Shakespeare. I'd got "Head Gardener" before I even reached Duane Eddy

One foind from today (that's a black country find).

Image nicked from a wfmu blog post I found that describes it as well as I ever could. It's a nice piece of lounge from the heyday of exotica. Not very 'out there'. Indeed it's quite modern classical in parts (Bernstein, Copland) but very much of the period and sits nicely next to Les Baxter, Yma Sumac, Martin Denny etc etc. An interesting find.

Non-musical find of the weekend, a good selection of Devils Toenails from a pile of excavated dirt we walked past in Bedford
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by Skip; 17-07-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Paraffin Jack Flash is great fun, how could anyone think it was rubbish? :-)

Comment

All day Sunday at various shops in Osaka ... produced only 2 purchases, both at Hanky Panky, where, most fucking annoyingly, the bloke in the shop agreed to give me a discount, then changed his mind 20 seconds later. I should have called the police on him for being a twat ... not really the best way to endear yourself to your customers ...

This is a Slits boot, that they apparently put out themselves ... not bad

The Upsetter and 3 LPs of him ... that'll keep me out of mischief for a while ...
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I'd have said 'I'll leave it then' quite politely and made for the door his loss.
                    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

• Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                      All day Sunday at various shops in Osaka ... produced only 2 purchases, both at Hanky Panky, where, most fucking annoyingly, the bloke in the shop agreed to give me a discount, then changed his mind 20 seconds later. I should have called the police on him for being a twat ... not really the best way to endear yourself to your customers ...

This is a Slits boot, that they apparently put out themselves ... not bad

The Upsetter and 3 LPs of him ... that'll keep me out of mischief for a while ...
                      I there are 4 of those box sets, I have 3 of the 4, that one posted being the first one, still on the hunt for number 3 but currently about £40 on discogs so out of my price range at the moment

Comment

• Good things come to those that wait - in this case, a minty copy of Scott 4 for under £20. You beauty.

Comment

• Went to a smalltown. Found a Kool & the Gang in a church charity and a Dollar Brand in the sales section of the local shop. The funk is on the border to being a bit too slick for my taste, like earlier Kool better, but I'll give it some spins because it does have its moments. The jazz had me sold at the listening station with this track:

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by smartiepants View Post
                            I there are 4 of those box sets, I have 3 of the 4, that one posted being the first one, still on the hunt for number 3 but currently about £40 on discogs so out of my price range at the moment
                            Lordy, didn't realize there were 4 volumes, though I guess I should've ... I imagine they get better as the series progresses.
                            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• I Remember a few years back when Fopp in Nottingham had all them upsetters box sets at £5 each. I bought 3
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

• Nice one on the Dollar Brand, lovely stuff, bit of an eclectic selection of finds and buys this last week for me:

Kicking off with:

Guido Zen - Healthy Fuel Navigation Laid back Minimalist downbeat Trip Hop something to enjoy if you like this sort of thing.

Starving Weirdos - B/P/M Series 1 Crazy Experimental and droney, heavy listening.

College - Northern Council Discogs has it down as 'Synth Pop' but I liked this tune (which sounds like some 80's straight to video film soundtrack to me.) suprisingly cheap, clear vinyl with some abstract prints.

Bracken - We Know about the Need Cant remember whether I posted this. Pastoral, Glitchy Electronica from Leeds, he/they have a new album out I believe and the last one was highly rated. On the strength of this I may check them out.

Dando Shaft - Dando Shaft Been keeping an eye out for a copy of the Sommor reissue at a fair price and managed to nab one.

Sack - You are What you Eat Terrible name! Seemed to be a fresh batch of music in Sue Ryder a lot of 90's Indie mainly 12 inch releases but I did pick this up as it was Mint and looked nice. Alt Indie rock from 1994, the one track I played off YouTube reminds me of The Wedding Present musically. I've never heard of them:

And bizarrely after talking about them in another I found a bunch of anticon DJ promos in Relate.
                                Last edited by amidar; 20-07-2016, 05:42 PM. Reason: Sack
                                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                                X