No announcement yet.

September 2016 find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love 'Stormbringer' but I absolutely adore 'Road to Ruin' the follow up, if you've never heard you simply must. Not listened to my repress of clouds I picked up yet, saving that for some quiet time. Ha I've never heard that Winter Consort LP is it the follow up to their first and is it live or something?

Why do I always look for the bloke taking a leak on 'Baja Marimba Albums' sure enuff there he is...
    Last edited by amidar; 19-09-2016, 01:04 AM. Reason: Baja not Baha...
    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Picked up some 45s from a yard sale, just 50p. Too bad I chose to go the boot fair first, which was dry, because I was beaten for some good ones. Luckily they went to someone who is not big on 45s and who has a pile set aside for me next Saturday when he'll be selling at a neighborhood flea market, so some may go into that pile. And he left some fair ones behind, he's usually not the "scorched earth" kind of digger.

Clean copy of Gimme Some Lovin, maybe a bit MOJO, but I like it.
      Really loved the Four Tops with a Swedish pic sleeve, Levi is absolutely storming through this one, never heard it before.
      German press of For a few dollars more.
      Casey Jones I've never heard. Curious about the take of Legal Matter, and I have to say he is really taking the piss out of it.
      And two Trashmen 45s that I was really happy about, too bad about the sleeve.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

I have received a copy of the recent reissue of the Morton Feldman/ Earle Brown LP from the early 60's. I got it for Durations by Feldman (on the strength of a YouTube experience). I had it in mind as a possible end-of-mix track. Probably a bit late for that now, but still a remote possibility.

The instruments on Brown's Hodograph 1 are promising. But my exposure to Brown so far prompts caution. Not easy. The picture of Brown on the sleeve (slight slouch, sunken eyes, tight flat lips) correlates with what I am ready to suppose about the strength of his artistic vision. Complete cobblers that last sentence.

Nice sleeve art. Reminiscent of Massive Attack's Mezzanine.
        Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 19-09-2016, 10:45 AM. Reason: Cobblers.

Comment

I simply cannot be arsed to listen to Morton Feldman (and I listen to plenty) on LP. It's got to be CD. Too much getting up and down to switch sides completely ruins the nature of Feldman's sound-world for me.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
            Burning Bridges/You Gotta Be Mine - Mike Morton Congregation (1970) - I'm a bit of a sucker for this kind of brassy pop, and while the A side is fairly humdrum, the B-side is much better, a beaty groover enhanced by some lovely busy basslines and some parping brass.
            As I remember the Mike Morton version completely fluffs the crisp intro and outro breaks of the original 'Burning Bridges'.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
              Burning Bridges/You Gotta Be Mine - Mike Morton Congregation (1970) - I'm a bit of a sucker for this kind of brassy pop, and while the A side is fairly humdrum, the B-side is much better, a beaty groover enhanced by some lovely busy basslines and some parping brass.
              As I remember the Mike Morton version completely fluffs the crisp intro and outro breaks of the original 'Burning Bridges'.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

been on holiday for a couple of weeks hoping to find some new chazza shop finds, finding absolutely bugger all for two weeks
                lucky for me I had these in the post when I got home, all discog purchases

Comment

some bits I picked up at the fair yesterday and at the car boot in the morning

An odd live LP, kinda Bonzo's lite from '79 with sleeve notes by Jim Davidson,
                  I assume the last track on it Robert E. Lee is not the same fella name checked on Roxy Music's Virginia Plain but it might be!

Medi-Evil filth from Geoff Scarr "the immoral bard of Hull" according the rear, phwoar etc.

Some gay folk singing erm Gay Folk, on Folkways (unfortunately not Gay Folkways)

the two albums below were in the same £1 box

I already have another copy of this Japanese Linear Tracking picture disc which also has a proper card sleeve.

Set of 3 Open University pre-school discs from '77 - disc 2: Making Music is the best of the bunch

Best buy at the car boot was a whole box of 60's 7"s which I leisurely picked from as no-one there was interested in the records
                  he said he wanted 25p each but I was happy to push 30 notes in his hand, I left dozens of Cliff singles but bagged the EP's and
                  they are all in beautiful condition!

The record fair turned up this curious 78rpm, I'll probably stick it up on ebay or summat....

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Library haul. 28 lps on chappell and de wolfe released 1957-1980.
                    Titles inclide Brass and rhythms, Rhythm n brass, Backing tracks, Traces, Today's world, Meeting point, Great feeling, Silver parallel, Highwires.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                      I simply cannot be arsed to listen to Morton Feldman (and I listen to plenty) on LP. It's got to be CD. Too much getting up and down to switch sides completely ruins the nature of Feldman's sound-world for me.
                      Sound quality issues too? This track looks to be a one-sider (10 mins or so on YouTube). I have yet to open it.

Comment

There certainly are some crazy 'Folkways' records. Have you listened to the curious Blues cover on 78 HG?
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Cor an original 78 from Robert Johnson's Sheffield years. He sold his soul to the devil on Snake Pass before touring the music halls of the North West teaching stage comedian George Formby the rudiments of flat picking and changing the course of World War 2 in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                            Library haul. 28 lps on chappell and de wolfe released 1957-1980.
                            Titles inclide Brass and rhythms, Rhythm n brass, Backing tracks, Traces, Today's world, Meeting point, Great feeling, Silver parallel, Highwires.
                            Nice. Pics or it never happened
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
                              Sound quality issues too? This track looks to be a one-sider (10 mins or so on YouTube). I have yet to open it.
                              Yes, sound as well. I can't have the sound of a fry-up ruining my at oneness with the scrapings of the violinist.
                              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
                                There certainly are some crazy 'Folkways' records. Have you listened to the curious Blues cover on 78 HG?
                                yeah, it's some old fella wailing away with a guitar, I may bin it to be honest
                                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X