No announcement yet.

November 2016 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice find in a box of old 78's this morning, From His Master's Voice's Gramophone & Record Catalogue, Feb - Mar 1911:
    "For the first time in the history of the Talking Machine industry, a genuine record has been obtained of a bird.
    The Nightingale in question is the property of Herr Carl Reich, of Berlin, and was taken from its nest shortly after hatching, and reared by hand."

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• I was reading about the BBC's annual live nightingale broadcasts the other week.

http://journal.sciencemuseum.ac.uk/b...e-nightingale/
      Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Picked up some Cool Scandinavia this past week:

Comment

• Found this at the flea market last week. It's a booklet with photos of the Beatles, the Stones, the Monkees and the Walker Brothers and also contains 2 flexi discs containing cover versions by The Firebirds, who I can't find very much info about at all, including the worst/best cover version of the Beatles 'Magical Mystery Tour' which sounds like the band had only heard the song once before recording their version. It also sounds like they thought the song title was 'Magical Mystery Flower'. Best thing I found in November, by far!
          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
          X