Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 2016 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by george View Post
    Top work HG, I am concerned by the dustiness of your 1210 though

    ah yeah, I really should sort that out - this afternoon, honest!
    The Garden Facebook Blog

    Comment


    • #47
      Disco Belly Dancing that I must hear!
      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

      Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

      Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by amidar View Post
        Disco Belly Dancing that I must hear!
        that is the best one so far!
        The Garden Facebook Blog

        Comment


        • #49


          Susie Coles - Once Again With You
          More private press folk from one charity which seems to turn them up regularly (and yet they sell beaten up Elton John records for $15 - go figure). All covers, as far as I can tell - no songwriting credits. Guitar, voice, and that's it - very stripped back. A very fine singer, though the guitar work is fairly basic.

          In another world this might've had LONER FOLK GRAIL status but it's not actually that good - without original material or a particularly distinctive approach it just feels like a particularly talented open mic. Certainly a curio though.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by spacefin View Post


            Susie Coles - Once Again With You
            More private press folk from one charity which seems to turn them up regularly (and yet they sell beaten up Elton John records for $15 - go figure). All covers, as far as I can tell - no songwriting credits. Guitar, voice, and that's it - very stripped back. A very fine singer, though the guitar work is fairly basic.

            In another world this might've had LONER FOLK GRAIL status but it's not actually that good - without original material or a particularly distinctive approach it just feels like a particularly talented open mic. Certainly a curio though.

            I think that's quite often the case: sleeve hinting at LONER FOLK GRAIL >>>> it's not actually that good
            ------------------------------------------------------
            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
              I think that's quite often the case: sleeve hinting at LONER FOLK GRAIL >>>> it's not actually that good
              I feel like some careful hype could've got this one there - it ticks all the boxes on paper, no strings or naff lyrics about Jesus - but there's not much spark to it. Maybe it'll grow on me.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                one day! I had 2 on rotation yesterday and the missus shouted down to me in the cellar asking me to "play something else as it all sounds the same" tsk, she just doesn't get it...
                Well, she's never going to learn how to belly dance with that attitude...
                Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

                Mixes: https://m.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine54/

                Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                  Well, she's never going to learn how to belly dance with that attitude...
                  yes... tell me about it
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

                  Comment


                  • #54


                    My Dad used to play accordion in combos very much like this one and on occasion for belly dancers - uncanny.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      my dad took me to see a topless belly dancer in a club in Carlisle once, it was actually pretty rubbish
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Another small package in the mailbox, the results of trawling through a big lot of random mostly 70s 45s on Tradera. Tired of sniping I just put down a max price and hoped for the best, and hit rate was 4/10 for reasonable prices, 5-6€. I'm sure they are known here.
                        EAGLE - Kickin it back to you/Come in it's all for free
                        Apparently the A-side is played in the NS scene, judging by two YT clips of people shaking their stuff to it, but I prefer the B-side.



                        Shakane - Down down down
                        But the Swedish edition with a B/W sleeve and different B-side. Shakane seems to have been a thing in Sweden, the 45s turn up here.


                        Outer Limits - Dark side of the moon/Black boots
                        Actually a spare, the non-demo version, that I couldn't resist grabbing for the B-side. Shout if you need. Already shouted for!


                        Dr Feelgood - Roxette
                        Of course I have Down by the jetty, but I really wanted this one on 45.
                        Last edited by cratedigger; 21-11-2016, 03:29 PM.
                        ------------------------------------------------------
                        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I won a box of around 50 LP's including Miles, Groundhogs, Gentle Giant, Beefheart etc for £80 at the auction recently,
                          which included some really nice gems in great nick including a whole run of 70's Herbie Hancock albums.



                          A couple of picks from the lot





                          I was best pleased with this excellent pink upgrade for my old palm Island copy!




                          the charity shops were not so kind this week except for this VG copy in a 50p bin

                          The Garden Facebook Blog

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Nice one HG. I love 'Mwandishi' but I mustn't have listened to it for a few years. Must rectify that.
                            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                            Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                            Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                              I was best pleased with this excellent pink upgrade for my old palm Island copy!
                              Pink Eye !!! Result, congrats

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by spacefin View Post
                                I feel like some careful hype could've got this one there - it ticks all the boxes on paper, no strings or naff lyrics about Jesus - but there's not much spark to it. Maybe it'll grow on me.
                                It was reissued recently so your original could be suddenly desirable.
                                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X