X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacefin
    Animated Egg
    • Dec 2013

And a 78 from the market (I also picked up some nice early ELO, but it's hardly worth posting):

No 78 player, so I don't know what kind of condition it's in, but it looked like a proper curio that somebody would want. I'd love to know a bit more.

Comment

• Funky Charly
      Animated Egg
      • Oct 2013

Minesweeping in close waters and the big fish on the hook.

Orkiestra PR I TV W Łodzi Dyryguje Henryk Debich ‎– String Beat: The thing!
      Mira Kubasińska I Breakout ‎– Mira - A rad prog funker!
      Variety Orchestra Of The Committee For Television And Radio - Pop Jazz - fuzzy breaks on this one. A second copy. Will go to the trades thread.
      Niemen ‎– Niemen Aerolit - the man with too many faces when it comes to music
      Grupa ABC Andrzeja Nebeskiego - I finally got the belter thing!
      Wiślanie 69 ‎– Skąd My Się Znamy - B-boy breaks
      Klaus Lenz ‎– Für Fenz - unknown (pleasures?) to me. Wants and waits for a spin
      Niebiesko-Czarni ‎– Twarze - prog-wise pop vibes
      Jerzy Milian ‎– Muzyka Baletowa I Filmowa - an awesome effort. A second copy, thus a potential trade.

This year online bargains plus occasional local finds:

Halina Frąckowiak ‎– Idę: She-devil prog monster
      Lever Brothers Gay Flamingoes ‎– Secrets Of The Pan - steel is still iron
      Zalatnay Sarolta ‎– Hadd Mondjam El - Yes, the lady pays a load!
      Symphonic Metamorphosis S/T - A perfection from A to Z, let alone it`s breaks-clad 'Sarabande'
      The Graduates S/T - Yes, dreams come true. World`s best "Comin` Home' carrier actually came home!
      Minnesoda S/T - loads of heavy, heavy percussion.
      Victor Brady ‎– Brown Rain - God-forged steel excellence.
      Last Galaxie ‎– Selections From Godspell - The most dramatic Xian LP ever. Breaks, choirs, fuzz. Mr. Sayers once baptised this toffy on forumusic. Delirious in every second...
      Tom Martel - Hard Job Being God / A Rock Opera By Tom Martel - A US secret squirrel with a B-boy break I have been trying to puzzle out for years. This is good.

Happy bitter winter everyone!
      Alex
      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Funky Charly
        Animated Egg
        • Oct 2013

Feed:

Last edited by Funky Charly; 14-12-2016, 07:53 PM. Reason: link
        DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Viva Chiba
          Lonely Jelly
          • Feb 2003

Some Eastern Euro classics there, excellent stuff. Frąckowiak has a killer track, and Vic Brady has some monstrous psych funk grooves. Good work!!!!

Comment

• Funky Charly
            Animated Egg
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
            Some Eastern Euro classics there, excellent stuff. Frąckowiak has a killer track, and Vic Brady has some monstrous psych funk grooves. Good work!!!!
            Thank you, sir! Sort of lucky to have bagged some Eastern stardom reps this week. Brady was a movingly snatched cheapy on Discogs - no cheap thrills, though! The thing is indeed full of terrific psych brew.
            DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Turboellis
              Lonely Jelly
              • Nov 2015

Wow! Lovely stuff. I'd like to hear all of them ...

Happy warm winter from blue skies Osaka ...

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
              Minesweeping in close waters and the big fish on the hook.
              Happy bitter winter everyone!
              Alex
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Turboellis
                Lonely Jelly
                • Nov 2015

Looks nice! Time to buy a turntable that plays 78s. My Audio Technica plays 78s when you press 33 and 45 at the same time (with a different needle of course!)

Originally posted by spacefin View Post
                No 78 player, so I don't know what kind of condition it's in, but it looked like a proper curio that somebody would want. I'd love to know a bit more.
                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Shere Khan
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                  Usual drill from me, quick round up of what I've acquired lately, some good, some less so. Same old spots as well, Rob's Records, Anarchy, market and a few days out really slogging round the chazzas of Notts, Erewash and Ashfield.
                  This is old-school digging out of the top drawer as usual. That 'school' should, probably, be 'skool'
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• SirSlim
                    Chocolate Rain
                    • Oct 2005

I've wanted this 7" since I taped it off Radio 1 back in 1974...

Bowie's "flamenco" version of "rebel rebel", this version was only released in the USA.

Comment

• rprest
                      Animated Egg
                      • Nov 2008

Your heart starts fluttering, there's that slim chance it's going to be a ..... it just might be....

Its Choral music. Of course. Deep down you knew it was always going to be.
                      http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
                      www.the-onyx.co.uk
                      www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

• Saint Jude
                        Lionel Richie
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
                        Thank you, sir! Sort of lucky to have bagged some Eastern stardom reps this week. Brady was a movingly snatched cheapy on Discogs - no cheap thrills, though! The thing is indeed full of terrific psych brew.
                        Great Polish finds! I go to Poland a few times a year and still haven't managed to turn up reasonably priced copies of most of those.
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Cacapo
                          Lonely Jelly
                          • Mar 2006

Thats a blast from the past right there Funky Charly. Halina Frackowiak is incredible.
                          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

• Willy-Fogg
                            Electric Prunes
                            • Dec 2004

It's been a good week!

Last Friday I returned to my home town and had a run round the local charities. The Diane Solomon, Joe Williams and Cleo made up a three for a pound deal. The Salsoul 12 is Loleatta Holloway's Hit and Run. Middle left is some Dimitri from Paris comp and the Doug E Fresh is sealed.

------------

Top three were from the car boot on Sunday morning. Roy Williams was nice to find but isn't doing much for me. Top right is raga-y from memory. I'll always buy stuff like this if it's cheap. Rough Road is a listless reggae comp - instantly forgettable. Electric Flag is entertaining but 101 Strings is yet to hit the spot.

------------

These were all from Sunday's Dig a Little record fair in Brixton. I was selling records, playing records and (inevitably) buying records. A fun day. Very 'vulturey'. Good to see alanmck and meet soul doubt down there.

Top left is this and I think the others speak for themselves. Shaft had been an embarrassing omission from my shelves.

------------

Here's the Discogs fodder from yesterday's car boot sale. I did suck 'em and see, and none are for me. That Pablo's got the wrong disc inside

------------

And here are the more interesting finds. Supremes/Temps LP with poster intact. I may have the John Martyn already but there some lovely stuff on this but the closer, Call me Crazy, was the standout when listening last night. Gary McFarland's up and down but when it's good it's very, very good. This is one of the Bobbie Gentry LPs to be on the lookout for. The Big Youth LP is packed with good covers. Highly recommended. I thought I recognised the Dos Mukasan sleeve so paid my pound and didn't think much more about it until I got home. A pleasant surprise!

WF

Comment

• Funky Charly
                              Animated Egg
                              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                              Thats a blast from the past right there Funky Charly. Halina Frackowiak is incredible.
                              Too hot to hold - and way hotter when walked at a speed of 33 rpm!
                              DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• moecurlythanu
                                Electric Prunes
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by rprest View Post
                                Your heart starts fluttering, there's that slim chance it's going to be a ..... it just might be....

Its Choral music. Of course. Deep down you knew it was always going to be.
                                Damn. An aargh! instead of an ooof!..I feel your pain.
                                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Working...
                                X