Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george View Post

That aint no dulcimer.
    Looks like one - I haven't heard the record. What is it?
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Ignore me SK, I was tickled by Head Gardeners reply and image having little relevance to the quoted post? and was using the classic genitals=dulcimer + smiley face joke formula.

That is what id call a dulcimer. Picked a copy of it up recently too, Will dig it out and give it a proper spin.

Whats a Zither then?

G
      Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
      stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        Looks like one - I haven't heard the record. What is it?
        It's an "uncredited instrument." ;-)
        https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
          Ignore me SK, I was tickled by Head Gardeners reply and image having little relevance to the quoted post? and was using the classic genitals=dulcimer + smiley face joke formula.

That is what id call a dulcimer. Picked a copy of it up recently too, Will dig it out and give it a proper spin.

Whats a Zither then?

G
          Got you. I'm usually good at picking up things like that- I hope nothing's setting in early. Don't know about a zither; is it one of those things where a bar moves up and down the strings I wonder.

Getting back to the cover whatever happened to dungarees on women. I quite like that look. She's doing a great job of appearing to be disinterested in John's squeezebox. See, I can do it too- can't bring myself to use an emoticon, though.

Comment

curse my smart arsery! now edited for common sense
            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
              curse my smart arsery! now edited for common sense
              Nearly there HG but I'm still saying 'pissing dubloons' and as anybody who knows me will tell you the chances of that coming out of my mouth are extremely remote. However, I salute your haul although I have no interest in 'The Doors' whatsoever.

Comment

yer right about The Doors I am no fan either so will no doubt pass these on, they are still popular I believe
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                  they are still popular I believe
                  I believe so M'Lud.

Comment

Picked up a couple of bits recently. Probably nobody will believe me when I say I've been after this for a while- for God's sake why?- and it's not expensive but they're always abroad, postage etc, so I was pleased to find one in Blighty for not much money. Guitar meanderings with tweeting birds by some people stuck in a gorse thicket.

Lenny Dee does stuff with his organ and, of course, one of the things he does is 'Caravan'. He does it 'with a beat' and I'm digging it especially as it cost next to nothing. Looks a bit like Vincent Price doesn't he.

This Cannonball Adderley LP is great. It's a live thing, captures a moment, and again costs nowt.

Some 45s Excellent 'blued-eyed soul' from Fran O' Toole (the story of how he met his end is really shocking. Seems like a very distant time now but it isn't.). and one of Little Richard's stormers.

This Bob cage record is superb. It's just some tobacco sellers and an explanation of what they are saying, how it works, but it's incredibly musical. It's not on you tube but Bob Cage is. One of the chanters sounds like a didgeridoo.

Comment

Shere Khan - that Edqvist and Sandqvist looks mighty enticing, pretty sure I couldn't pass up such an inviting cover.

Comment

A most excellent finds summary SK, Really interesting bits.
                        The Smithsonian Folklife Festival sounds interesting, Might attend this year.

G
                        Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
                        stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Originally posted by dukowski83 View Post
                          Shere Khan - that Edqvist and Sandqvist looks mighty enticing, pretty sure I couldn't pass up such an inviting cover.
                          Yep. Most people will probably think the cover is the best thing about it. According to a Swedish to English translation on the net the title means 'Digested Jankes'. I somehow think that can't be right. Who would digest poor old Jankes. Cratedigger, help!

Comment

Yep. Most people will probably think the cover is the best thing about it. According to a Swedish to English translation on the net the title means 'Digested Jankes'. I somehow think that can't be right. Who would digest poor old Jankes. Cratedigger, help!
                            Diger-Janke is a name. His real name was Johan Persson, and he was executed for murder in 1842.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Got you. I'm usually good at picking up things like that- I hope nothing's setting in early. Don't know about a zither; is it one of those things where a bar moves up and down the strings I wonder.
                              The thing with the bar is, if I'm thinking what you're thinking, an autoharp. A zither is the instrument you see at the start of The Third Man, in its full glory it looks like this:

https://youtu.be/8KKQDotECdg

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
                                Diger-Janke is a name. His real name was Johan Persson, and he was executed for murder in 1842.
                                Crikey! So they wrote a waltz for him. That was nice of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X