• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gogo
    Electric Prunes
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    I have a clean spare sleeve (missing one record) of survival of st sloan if you need it gogo.
    Yes, we can do a swap. What do you need on PM?

Comment

• Funky Charly
      Animated Egg
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by gogo View Post
      Vinyl festival in Sofia:

[URL="[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/gogo20002000/media/DSC01992.jpg.html][/URL]"][URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/gogo20002000/media/DSC01992.jpg.html]

Quite a few must-haves! Mustafa-Zadeh and Smak are particularly finger lickin`. Top stuff!
      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Shere Khan
        Lonely Jelly
        • Apr 2013

A little practice with Imgur and an homage to the late, lamented Kratgraver, who is probably over on Instagram these days- my hand is not in the classic position, though. This is a super LP featuring one side of B P's poetry set to music by the likes of Mike Westbrooke, Neil Innes, and Andy Roberts, and featuring Norma Winston (who appears to have lent her 'e' to Mike Westbrooke) on the vocalizification. The trade off is the other side is all Brian Patten reading his poetry. No matter, the other side is well worth it.
        Now to post that picture- fingers crossed...
        [IMG][/IMG]
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• LDJB
          Chocolate Rain
          • Dec 2001

Norwegian non stop disco sensation!
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• gogo
            Electric Prunes
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
            Norwegian non stop disco sensation!
            I don't like it - for trade.

Comment

• Turboellis
              Lonely Jelly
              • Nov 2015

A few more from the record fair last weekend:

Attilio Mineo - Man In Space With Sounds - love it, love it, love it! Have since I knew it via Jack Diamond & Stephan at Subliminal

Masaru Sato - 黒沢明の世界リアルサウンドトラック Listen Kurosawa - Red Beard / High And Low - Music and some dialogue - needs a good listen:

Edgar Varèse* ‎– Music Of Edgar Varèse Columbia ‎1961 ... tickles my curiosity bone:
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• LDJB
                Chocolate Rain
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by gogo View Post
                I don't like it - for trade.
                I'm not sure I would either. I just though it was an amazing title!
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Head Gardener
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Jan 2004

The first outdoor boot of the year kicked off with all sorts of finds although the
                  78rpm and this album below came from a charity shop on a short trip to Sheffield.

This album caught my eye when I saw the 2 x ABC Hit Band track on the back,
                  and the Space & Deodato covers did indeed turn out to be the only reason to pick it up.

Also on a night club tip is this one sided vinyl invitation disc in a gatefold sleeve for the
                  Chicago Rock Cafe which opened in Northampton 20 years ago but closed down 10 years ago.

Just hearing the voice of Johnny Morris brings back fond childhood memories.

I found one of these Italian cover version albums battered to death years ago
                  so was chuffed to bits to find a tidy copy, complete with it's misspelt tracklisting.

album odds 'n' ends

these 2 discs turned out to be my favourite finds of the week, a 78 from the early 40's

and a 45 from the early 60's

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Mang
                    Electric Banana
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

album odds 'n' ends

I bought that "Music Makes Sense" LP at a fair last year having been attracted to the striking monochrome sleeve. The music on the first side (mainly by the pupils) is lovely.
                    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

• bennyboy
                      Electric Prunes
                      • Jun 2007

I also have the Rushton LP, must be a few about! First time I saw the sleeve, I assumed it was some obscure 80's post-punk outfit. Great picture.

Comment

• Shere Khan
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • Apr 2013

[IMG][/IMG]

Good, solid LP from Doc. It doesn't really have any of those 'Bloody hell, why'd you have to do a version of Ave Maria for Christ's sake' moments so I can listen all the way through. I'm a sucker for that 'Benny Hill' style 'Bond Street' track by Burt Bacharach and that's on here. Also on here is Jobim's 'Wave', MacArthur Park, Upa Neguinho, Lullaby from Rosemary's Baby... Suit Me sir.
                        This isn't the version of MacArthur park on the LP but I like it for it's abrupt change of pace at around 1.10 and I'll bet that when Doc hits that high note (as I recall the great Jimmy Edwards once saying of his own brass playing) you cant pass a tram ticket between the cheeks of his arse.

[IMG][/IMG]

Somebody really wanted to get the sticker off this didn't they? Been after one of these for some time but they never seem to turn up very cheap. This is a great, great record. It's a little bit AOR and a little bit folky. I really like his voice. It's hard to understand how there were no other offers to record him after this. So yes, the cover is knackered but the vinyl is in great condition and it was only £1.50, and I've already played it 3 times.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• stylesforfree
                          Animated Egg
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                          This Various - The Concert For Bangla Desh promo turned up at my regular Sat a.m. flea ...

Wow, nice find! In good condition I hope....?

Comment

• stylesforfree
                            Animated Egg
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by el sporto View Post
                            Haven't been into a charity shop for ages but whilst dropping my daughter off at a birthday party I nabbed this minty Vulture classic lp for 50p
                            Also a nice find but I did just listen to this in its entirety and in all honesty I think its very mediocre. But for 50p it is a hell of a score.

Comment

• Turboellis
                              Lonely Jelly
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                              Wow, nice find! In good condition I hope....?
                              Not bad at all ... I'll brillo pad it a bit later to get the dirt out ...
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• george
                                Animated Egg
                                • Jan 2014

Yeah top find TE. I absolutely adore the live cut of Wah-Wah.

Was only made aware of it from watching '20 feet from stardom' about the backing singers.

Wah-Wah The Concert for Bangladesh 1971

G
                                Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
                                stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Working...
                                X