X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    Ben

I only got my hands on these a week ago when my friends from the UK came over, so having given them a bit of a spin, I thought I'd say thank you and make some unnecessary comments.

Various - Roses
    God bless the BBC. I was hoping for a bit of participation from the radiophonic workshop but nevertheless there's some funny stuff on here. What the fuck were the bbc thinking? I shall be annoying people with this when I "DJ" ...

Dustin Gee - Plastered With The Pink Elephant
    I wasn't really aware of this guy's comedy career. It's pretty well produced, so easy to listen to but ultimately not so satisfying. Space Oddity is not odd at all ... never mind ...

Various - Soundtrack!
    A lot of excellent tunes on this. The Kung Fu TV Theme really took me back to my youth when China and Japan seemed impossibly strange. Japan certainly is ...

Burt Bacharach - Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (Original Movie Soundtrack)
    I fucking love Burt Bacharach. I was walking home tonight in Osaka and the weather was really shitty, so I thought, I'll put on that Bacharach thing I got from vg plusser Ben, and it was perfect, it made the streets look so much nicer ... I wish it could have made me nicer ... BB has a bit more work to do ...

Thanks again!

Turbo

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Cheers Ben my package landed today hopefully 'Diary of a Psychopath' provides some sample gold. Thanks Again Mate.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Picked up the parcel today - many thanks! And bonus Asahi LP too

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Records landed today—thanks Ben, so very much appreciated! You didn't mention the David Snell record was signed by the great harpist himself

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Yeah. I got very very twitchy.

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Ha, not dissing Rob's ! I walked out 'cos I had no idea where to actually start!

Leave a comment:

• Benicio Del Toffo
    replied
    Thanks to all who got involved.

The packages are all going in the post today, some with added extras to take advantage of the 2kg pricing and a lot of the leftovers will be carted off to market tomorrow.

So, a lot of what's in the pics is no longer available for those reasons (though some will inevitably be retained for next time), therefore consider this particular run of freebies concluded for now.

And don't diss Rob's. I'll be heading over later, tetanus shot sorted and full of optimism!!

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by eine View Post

Btw found myself in your haunt Rob's Records the other day which I was really looking forward to, but the whole experience ended up stressing me out—sensory overload.
    Ha, I've had similar experiences. Walk in, walk around (as much as you can), walk out again.

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Thanks Ben! I would very much like

Dave Snell plays Hits on a harp
    Hervé Vilard, Capri C'est Fini
    And the other Play School thanks!

Btw found myself in your haunt Rob's Records the other day which I was really looking forward to, but the whole experience ended up stressing me out—sensory overload.

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied
    You are a true gentelman Ben

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Dustin Gee ‎– Plastered With The Pink Elephant!
    I think Dustin's version of Piggies will be making it on to my Swap CD this year - enjoy! The Brucie LP has Lucretia Mac Evil on it which an absolutely stonking freak out.

Oh and could I blag the Play School and the BBC Themes please. Ta!

Leave a comment:

• Per
    replied
    Hi Ben! Would love to have X-Clan, Taboo and Eric Delaney?

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Hi Ben
    Can I ask for
    - Soundtrack!
    - Butch Cassidy
    - Roses
    - Dustin Gee ‎– Plastered With The Pink Elephant

Thanks very much!

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Please can I have
    Arthur Lyman - Taboo
    Chamber Pop Ensemble
    Decimal Points
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Willy-Fogg
    replied
    Hi Ben,
    Can I grab Trojan Hits, ATCQ and Spy Thrillers please matey?

WF

Leave a comment:

Working...
X