• Show
Clear All

• jazz

1. Anatoly Vapirov/Antoni Donchev - Inner spaces
    2. Leviev - Blue levis

Originally posted by gogo View Post
    1. Anatoly Vapirov/Antoni Donchev - Inner spaces
    2. Leviev - Blue levis
    I don't know anything about that Vapirov/Donchev LP but a quick search suggests it would cost me over £100 to find out even though it was released only this year.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I don't know anything about that Vapirov/Donchev LP but a quick search suggests it would cost me over £100 to find out even though it was released only this year.
      Limited edition - 100 copies

Comment

Originally posted by gogo View Post

Limited edition - 100 copies
        Who makes only 100 copies these days? and why?
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

>> Who makes only 100 copies these days? <<
          Good question

>>and why?<<
          Excellent question

If you fear it may not sell or if you haven't got money for more than 100 copies you can do what Ill Considered did**. Just issue the record in multiple editions - you don't end up with unsold copies and everyone gets to buy one at a normal price.

**Unless of course this was a marketing trick - it worked in any case.
          Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

[QUOTE=Aggie;n1038884

If you fear it may not sell or if you haven't got money for more than 100 copies you can do what Ill Considered did**. Just issue the record in multiple editions - you don't end up with unsold copies and everyone gets to buy one at a normal price.

**Unless of course this was a marketing trick - it worked in any case.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Ill Considered thing wasn't a marketing trick. They don't have a label bankrolling it so they are doing it themselves.In that situation you can't afford to press, and sleeve, more than you think you're going to sell because it's money you probably don't have. Even if it looks like you need to press more if you're a small label you still have to be cautious. You see this with a label like Clay Pipe. John Brooks' 'Autres Directions' sold out before you could say 'limited coloured vinyl edition'. Nice for the label: they pay for the pressing, they get their money back quickly. A 2nd pressing was done straight away; 6 months later it's still available- label takes longer to recoup their costs.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Leviev gone

Comment

Working...
              X