Les Abranis (Algerian Psych Funk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Abranis (Algerian Psych Funk)

I posted this up on Waxidermy and thought I'd check and see if anyone was interested in copies over here. I don't think my embedded sound clips will work here, but you can check it out over at this thread:

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=15687

Les Abranis – s/t (Bordj Fren) 1977

I've got a few more copies of this great record for trade. I've included some soundclips as it's kind of a hard one to describe. There's one great funk-type track and the rest has got this real mellow lo-fi traditional feel which I'm into. I've traded and sold this record to several people on this board, and I haven't had a bad review yet!
    Dude on the cover also has the best sweater I've seen in awhile.

Condition
    Record: clean, unplayed copies
    Cover: Some of the copies have some discolouration on the front, but most are clean stock copies as well.

I'm open to all sorts of trades - jazz, soul, funk, reggae/rocksteady/calypso, african, latin, psych, folk, 45's.

Originally posted by kingpin View Post
    Dude on the cover also has the best sweater I've seen in awhile.
    Brother Logic will be along for a copy shortly.....
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

it is lovely, that jumper.

here's a nice big version of the cover...

it's a nice record, kids, and the trader's a good guy.

Comment

Thanks for the good reference, Alan.

Getting some good responses to this trade post on all the boards. It really is a great and unique record.

Comment

How do you hear the soundclip? I guess you need to copy and paste, but I can't figure out which bit.
          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
            How do you hear the soundclip? I guess you need to copy and paste, but I can't figure out which bit.
            try this

Comment

yeah, I saw the link...

but the link within that is an embedding thing, that will only work if a forum supports html, which that one doesn't, and although I can guess that within that embedding thing, there is contained a bit that I could just copy and paste, I can't figure out which bit it is.

anyone?

*edit* or maybe it's not working for me cos my flash is out of date or something...
              Last edited by Joe M'geek; 17-05-2008, 11:36 PM.
              "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

i posted the waxi-link as i'd gotten the track to play there without problem, assumed that others would as well.

Kingpin, you could send the divshare link direct to people (e.g to Joe M'Geek) via PMs on this site...

Comment

Here's the links to the soundclips for anyone who needs them.

http://www.divshare.com/download/3708527-b96
                  http://www.divshare.com/download/3630606-2d9

Comment

Les Abranis

Hi..just signed up and fear I have missed the batch of Les Abranis..let me know if you have any left.

Thanks
                    www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Great record! Still in heavy rotation after nearly a year.
                      http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Comment

I found a few more copies of this record. Once these are gone, that's it. PM if interested.

Comment

Great lp!
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

sounds great -- just getting together a few new trade bits - -will PM when its all photo'd and that.
                            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Bump. Anyone else interested?

Comment

Working...
                              X