Some trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some trades

Anyone interested in any of these before they head ebay/Robs/Oxfam-wards?

33rpm:

CHICO ARNEZ: New Sound Of Chico Arnez (Contour) [Whole Lotta Love, Aquarius, Oh Well, Night Train etc]ON HOLD
    BUTTON DOWN BRASS: This GuyÂ’s In Love With You (Fontana) [inc Hurdy Gurdy Man]
    SHIN JOONG HYUN & THE QUESTIONS: In-A-Kadda-Da-Vida (Merry Go Round) [ltd Korean psych reissue of 1000 numbered copies – w/insert, poster, obi etc]ON HOLD
    LOVE: False Start (Blue Thumb) [inc Hendrix cut ‘Everlasting First’]ON HOLD
    THE GAMBLE FOLK: Thinking With The Gamble Folk (Creative Sound) [folky/flutey Christian LP]ON HOLD
    ALEXEJ FRIED/GUSTAV BROM ORCHESTRA: Solstice/Moldavian Wedding (Supraphon) [Czech prog-jazz suites]
    PAUL MAURIAT ORCHESTRA: Stereo Spectacular (Philips) [‘Etude’]
    BARNEY KESSEL: Hair Is Beautiful (Polydor) [very decent jazz-guitar based Hair set]
    BILLY PRESTON: Everybody Likes Some Kind Of Music (A&M) [‘Space Race’, ‘It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)’ etc]ON HOLD
    CHER: 3614 Jackson Highway (Atco) [‘For What It’s Worth’, ‘Walk On Gilded Splinters’]ON HOLD
    WOODY HERMAN: The Raven Speaks (Fantasy) [‘Fat Mama’, ‘Sandia Chicano (Watermelon Man)’ etc]ON HOLD
    PEKKA POHJOLA: B The Magpie (Virgin) [‘The Madness Subsides’, as used by DJ Shadow on ‘Midnight In A Perfect World’]ON HOLD
    FRANCIS LAI: Rider On The Rain OST (Capitol)
    GRAHAM WALKER SOUND: Hair (Saga) [Hawkshaw, Walker & the usual suspects do Galt McDermottÂ…]
    BROTHER JACK MCDUFF: Hot Barbeque (BGP reish of classic soul-jazz set)
    EXCERPTS FROM JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR (Deram) [featuring Hawkshaw, Coulam etc]

45rpm:

CHERRY B TWINS: Cherry B Singers Competition (1961 Cherry B promotional flexi) [pic sleeve]
    MANFRED MANN & MIKE HUG: Ski Full-of-Fitness Theme/Baby Jane (Ski ) [pic sleeve]
    SACHA DISTEL: SachaÂ’s Song/JOHNNY HARRIS: Footprints On The Moon (Ready Brek promo flexi)
    SERGE GAINSBOURG: Je tÂ’aimeÂ…moi non plus/Jane B (Antic)
    DAVE & ANSIL COLLINS: Monkey Spanner/Monkey Spanner – Version Two (Trojan)
    TITANIC: Sultana/Sing Fool Sing (CBS)
    THE MOOD MOSAIC: A Touch Of Velvet, A Sting Of Brass/Bond Street PM (Soul Supply repress)
    MARTYN FORD ORCHESTRA: Hustle With Every Muscle/Gone With The Wind Theme (Mountain)
    MARTYN FORD ORCHESTRA: Horny/Let Your Body Go Downtown (Mountain)
    PUSSYCAT: Do It/Mississippi (Sonet)
    EAST OF EDEN: Jig-a-Jig/Marcus Junior (Deram)
    LES CRANE: A Different Drummer/Desiderata (Warners)

And a few in the general ballpark of the sort of thing IÂ’m having trouble turning up and needÂ…

33:
    PETE MOORE: Lively & Latin
    PETE MOORE: Solid RockinÂ’ Brass
    DICK HYMAN: Electric Eclectics – Moog
    THE ROUNDTABLE: Spinning Wheel
    MERIT HEMMINGSON: Huuva!/Trollskog/Bergarten
    THE RESIDENTS: Not Available
    CLAUDINE LONGET: Colours [and ‘Claudine’ stereo issue]
    FRANCOISE HARDY: Soleil
    APRIL MARCH: April In Paris
    BOBBIE GENTRY: Touch ‘em With Love
    CAL TJADER: Breeze From The East
    MARYLA RODOWICZ: Sing-Sing
    HALINA FRACKOWIACK: ??

45:
    ANDY WILLIAMS: House Of Bamboo (anyone know if this was 45 only, or is there an LP with it on?)
    APRIL MARCH: Chick Habit (2 x 7”)
    THE PASSIONS: IÂ’m In Love With A German Film Star
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

CHER: 3614 Jackson Highway (Atco) [‘For What It’s Worth’, ‘Walk On Gilded Splinters’]

...wouldn't mind a crack at this one. I'll try and come up with some trades for you.
    Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 06 2004,12:49)]WOODY HERMAN: The Raven Speaks (Fantasy) [‘Fat Mama’, ‘Sandia Chicano (Watermelon Man)’ etc]
      Hmmm.. I'd like this pleeze. I'm putting a new trades list together tonight, so I'll give you a shout..
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I wouldn't mind this one Wayne.

PEKKA POHJOLA: B The Magpie (Virgin) [‘The Madness Subsides’, as used by DJ Shadow on ‘Midnight In A Perfect World’]

I think you know my trades.

Comment

Hey wayne - I'd like a chance to go for Billy Preston -the version of Its Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding is great.

Possibly interested in the Love and The Gamble Folk. Even though the former were pretty poor at All Tomorrows Parties. I went to both weekends and now feel /iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sleepy.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':sleepy:'>

ALEXEJ FRIED/GUSTAV BROM ORCHESTRA: Solstice/ Moldavian Wedding also sounds potentially interesting but can you say anything more about it?
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

consider them on hold for you...

meanwhile, a few others can be added here:

MERIT HEMMINGSON: Merit! (RCA) [‘Je t’aime…’, ‘Son Of A Preacher Man’]
            HENRY MANCINI: Music Of Hawaii (RCA Dynagroove) [some pretty decent electric harpsichord exotica cuts on this one: 'Quiet Village', 'Hawaiian War Chant' etc]
            FREEDOM ROAD: Freedom Road (Rediffusion) [love'n'peace themed covers LP]
            COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA: BasieÂ’s Beatle Bag (Verve) [jazz fabs set]ON HOLD
            IKE ISAACS: Lutes & Flutes (Rediffusion) [nice jazzy easy LP]
            BIG JIM H & MEN OF RHYTHM: Hammond Dance Party (SGA) [Jungle Fever, Tank Town Rider]
            LIGHTNING RED: Super Guitar With Brass & Strings (SGA) [2nd funky one, w/Bahia, America, Caravan etc]ON HOLD
            GEOFF LOVE: Star wars & Other Space Themes (MFP) [great takes on UFO, Space 1999 & Barbarella]
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 06 2004,12:49)]CHICO ARNEZ: New Sound Of Chico Arnez (Contour) [Whole Lotta Love, Aquarius, Oh Well, Night Train etc]
              SHIN JOONG HYUN & THE QUESTIONS: In-A-Kadda-Da-Vida (Merry Go Round) [ltd Korean psych reissue of 1000 numbered copies – w/insert, poster, obi etc]
              PETE MOORE: Solid Rockin’ Brass
              DICK HYMAN: Electric Eclectics – Moog
              Hi Wayne,

could you hold these for me??

David
              God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 07 2004,01:30)]COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA: Basie’s Beatle Bag (Verve) [jazz fabs set]
                LIGHTNING RED: Super Guitar With Brass & Strings (SGA) [2nd funky one, w/Bahia, America, Caravan etc]
                Oh and hold these too.

David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

Hi David,

no problem with 4 of those but my misleading addition of a few bits I'm looking for (the Hyman and Pete Moore) means two of them I don't have! The others are on hold, so send me a list (probably better via email, as PM seems a bit hit'n'miss at the moment).

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X