• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Just1fdc
    Hot Butter
    • Apr 2004

Any1 care for some trades?

Hi - My first post on this forum so I guess I have just popped my cherry...Anyways having a bit of a clear out at the mo so here are a few nice bits for trade:

LPs

Original Tropicana Steel Band - Hot Steel (polydor 197?). Produced by Nick Ingman and in my humble as good as their beter known 'Tropicana' LP. Choice cuts for me are 'Spanish Hustle' and 'Dont Wanna Lose you'. Also a very nice uptempo drum break on one track. Funky Steel band business!

S/Track (Ralph Carmichael) - The Cross and The SwitchBlade -Dope Christian soundtrack. Has a dope drum break which some of you may recognise from 'English Lesson' by DJ Format. Also Addicts Psalm is basically a 2 minute open drumbreak with spoken word over the top. For me 'Rumble' is the choice cut - great club funk track but kind of unusual with the wordless vocal harmonies over the top...

Mongo Santamaria - Mongo 70. Nice Mongo Live album with super fast version of Cloud 9 + much more...

KPM Music Library - The Rhythm of Modern Life/Vaudeville. Unless 1920s B&W comedy backing music is your thing ignore the Vaudeville side. The other side however is absolute killer library business. Track1 is pure atmosphere breaking into a funky uptempo library groove. Track2 sounds like The Mowhawks even though Hawkshaw is not listed as being involved on the back?? loads of other nice bits to sample.

Woody Herman - Heavy Exposure LP (Green cover US/UK??). Great funky jazz with a great line-up of musicians involved. Soem open drums on one of the tracks and great versions of 'I cant Get Next to you', 'Its Your Thing' and 'Sex Machine'.

45s

Marsha Hunt - Hot Rod Poppa. Very scarce 45 these days and an absolute killer. Good club tune with Marsha delivering some great vocals!

I am after uptempo funk/breaks/library so if you are interested in any of the above let me know. My email is [email protected].

Should be some more 45s to come soon...

Peace - Justin
    Funk and Disorderly
  • vibra
    Electric Banana
    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Just1fdc @ April 14 2004,13:48)]Woody Herman - Heavy Exposure LP (Green cover US/UK??). Great funky jazz with a great line-up of musicians involved. Soem open drums on one of the tracks and great versions of 'I cant Get Next to you', 'Its Your Thing' and 'Sex Machine'.

Marsha Hunt - Hot Rod Poppa. Very scarce 45 these days and an absolute killer. Good club tune with Marsha delivering some great vocals!
    Welcome aboard the good ship Vulture Justin!

Well I'm certainly keen on these. I've been apathetic to say the least with putting my current trades list together, so I'll endeavour to get it sorted and let you know as soon as it's ready - prolly on the weekend.

Cheers!
    Vibes
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

• Just1fdc
      Hot Butter
      • Apr 2004

Cheers Vibes!

I can stick those to one side for ya - just let me know what you got (when you get around to it) and we can sort something out...Got to have a bit of a clear out myself real soon but will probably take me (another) year!

Peace - Justin
      Funk and Disorderly

Comment

• john stapleton
        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Just1fdc @ April 14 2004,13:48)]S/Track (Ralph Carmichael) - The Cross and The SwitchBlade -Dope Christian soundtrack. Has a dope drum break which some of you may recognise from 'English Lesson' by DJ Format. Also Addicts Psalm is basically a 2 minute open drumbreak with spoken word over the top. For me 'Rumble' is the choice cut - great club funk track but kind of unusual with the wordless vocal harmonies over the top...
        Hi Justin

I'd like this one please - I've got a trades list up, there'll be more to come soon...I've also got a big trades box of funk/soul 45's - anything you're after in particular?

cheers!
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Just1fdc
          Hot Butter
          • Apr 2004

No worries John - I will put that to one side. Basically I am after uptempo breaks. I spin at a lot of bboy jams in the UK and put out mix CDs. I try and steer away from the usual UBB stuff so if you got anything that you think might be up my alley let me know.... (my current spins incl Crystal Grass, Manu Dibango, Soul Crusaders Orchestra, Wayne Cochran etc...)

Cheers,

Justin
          Funk and Disorderly

Comment

• themack
            Green Onions
            • Feb 2004

KPM Music Library - The Rhythm of Modern Life/Vaudeville

interested in this, what you need?

Comment

• Just1fdc
              Hot Butter
              • Apr 2004

Mi Mack,

I'm afraid that KPM has been put to one side already - sorry bout that!. I will be putting up some more stuff after my intended spring clearout on the weekend...

Cheers,

J
              Funk and Disorderly

Comment

Working...
              X