More bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bits

Bit of a mixed bunch, but checking if anyoneÂ’s after any of these before doing whatever needs to be done with themÂ…

SAM SAMUDIO: Sam, Hard & Heavy (Atlantic) [solid early 70s biker-soul/blues LP from former Sam The ShamÂ…]
    SAMI SWOI: The Locust – Polish Jazz vol.67 (Muza) [live funky big band-jazz stuff, ‘The Locust’, ‘Cannonbird’, etc]
    TWILIGHT 22: Street Love/Street Love (dub) (Vanguard) [1984 electro cutsÂ…]
    BUDDY COLE: Ingenuity In Sound: Double Hammond Organ (Warner Bros Stereo Workshop)
    MARVIN WELCH & FARRAR: S/T (Regal Zonophone) [Shadows honchos go progÂ…with Alan Hawkshaw in attendence]
    BLUE MINK: A Time Of Change (Regal Zonophone) [Coulam, Bell, Parker, Flowers et alÂ…Â’One Smart FellowÂ’ instro is the standout on this]
    PLAY SCHOOL (BBC) [stories, inc Radiophonic ‘Splodges’ & ‘Animal Band’ break]
    CYRIL HAVERMANS: Cyril (MGM) [prog-folk effort from ex-Focus man: ‘The Humpbacked Fluteplayer’ is nice & spacey]
    QUINCY JONES: The Wiz (Motown/MCA, 2xLP) [plenty of funky disco gear, plus dialogue excerpts, and a slap bass (&#33 loop on ‘Poppy Girls’ that might be of interest to some. Includes poster…]
    CLIVE & RUTH SANSOM: The Witnesses (Argo) [spoken word, poem-sequence on Biblical themes]
    HENRY MANCINI: Music Of Hawaii (RCA Dynagroove) [some nice electric harpsichord on solid ez/exotica LP]
    FREEFORM: Human (Skam, 2xLP) [glitchy electronic IDM type business]
    BENCH: Twist & Trip (Placid Casual) [Welsh downtempo grooves featuring Gruff Rhys of SFA on one trackÂ…]
    MASSIVE ATTACK: 100th Window (3x12” in heavy gatefold)
    DON ESTELLE: Lonely Wine (Lofty’s Records) [signed 80s set including his entertainingly appalling takes on the un-entertainingly appalling ‘Hello’ & ‘Drive’…that’d be an improvement, then! Lord Thames??]

And, carried over from previous listÂ…

GRAHAM WALKER SOUND: Hair (Saga) [Hawkshaw on hammond, breaks & hard drums, fuzz guitar etc]
    BIG JIM H & HIS MEN OF RHYTHM: Hammond Hits (SGA) [inc. Jungle Fever, Tank Town Rider]
    BUTTON DOWN BRASS: This GuyÂ’s In Love With You (Fontana) [inc Hurdy Gurdy Man]
    IKE ISAACS: Lutes & Flutes (Rediffusion) [nice jazzy lounge set]
    MERIT HEMMINGSON: Merit! (RCA) [‘Je t’aime…’, ‘Son Of A Preacher Man’]
    ALEXEJ FRIED/GUSTAV BROM ORCHESTRA: Solstice/Moldavian Wedding (Supraphon) [Czech prog-jazz suites]
    PAUL MAURIAT ORCHESTRA: Stereo Spectacular (Philips) [‘Etude’]
    BARNEY KESSEL: Hair Is Beautiful (Polydor) [nice jazz-guitar ‘Hair’ set with an outstanding ‘Walking In Space’]
    FRANCIS LAI: Rider On The Rain OST (Capitol) [some nice sitar/go-go/jazz cuts on here, like ‘Shake Sauvage’]
    ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM: Â…plays Jobim (Polydor) [Circle of Sound issue of 60s Verve bossa LP]

Just to keep the record straight, holding Woody Herman for Vibra, Cher for Matt Hero, Pekka Pohjola + Dankworth for Thelonious MokeÂ…
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

PLAY SCHOOL (BBC) [stories, inc Radiophonic ‘Splodges’ & ‘Animal Band’ break]

i need to email you anyway, wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] ]MERIT HEMMINGSON: Merit! (RCA) [‘Je t’aime…’, ‘Son Of A Preacher Man’]
      Can I have a pop at this one please?
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 26 2004,13:17)]SAM SAMUDIO: Sam, Hard & Heavy (Atlantic) [solid early 70s biker-soul/blues LP from former Sam The Sham…]
        Hi Wayne,

whats this lp like? Is there instrumentals on it?

David.

PS.............sent your lp's last week.
        God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 26 2004,13:17)]BUDDY COLE: Ingenuity In Sound: Double Hammond Organ (Warner Bros Stereo Workshop)

MARVIN WELCH & FARRAR: S/T (Regal Zonophone) [Shadows honchos go progÂ…with Alan Hawkshaw in attendence]

BLUE MINK: A Time Of Change (Regal Zonophone) [Coulam, Bell, Parker, Flowers et alÂ…Â’One Smart FellowÂ’ instro is the standout on this]

CYRIL HAVERMANS: Cyril (MGM) [prog-folk effort from ex-Focus man: ‘The Humpbacked Fluteplayer’ is nice & spacey]

QUINCY JONES: The Wiz (Motown/MCA, 2xLP) [plenty of funky disco gear, plus dialogue excerpts, and a slap bass (&#33 loop on ‘Poppy Girls’ that might be of interest to some. Includes poster…]

DON ESTELLE: Lonely Wine (Lofty’s Records) [signed 80s set including his entertainingly appalling takes on the un-entertainingly appalling ‘Hello’ & ‘Drive’…that’d be an improvement, then! Lord Thames??]

ALEXEJ FRIED/GUSTAV BROM ORCHESTRA: Solstice/Moldavian Wedding (Supraphon) [Czech prog-jazz suites]
          If nobody else wants these, I'll have them - feel free to offer them to anyone who's interested first, though.

Still working on those tapes, by the way.......

Comment

Wooly & Lee, consider 'Play School' & 'Merit' on hold...

Soundsville, the Samudio has no instros on it, but a few strong soulful rock cuts mixed in with the good but fairly standard late 60s blues-rock: 'Homework', 'Capricorn', 'Let's Burn Down The Cornfield' are a few of the titles I can recall off the top of my head, as is the presence of the Memphis Horns and Duane Allmann on it. It's a pretty solid set if you're into that funky-bluesy rock sound, though. Still waiting for a cheque to clear before I can mail your LPs (hopefully tomorrow or Thursday now) so if you're interested I can shove it into the parcel against a future trade or something...

Lord Thames - I'll sort what I can out of that lot for your pile, to post at some ever deferred future date!! My bank balance tells me some of them might need to be floated on that interweb thing if there aren't trades on them, though...
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Fair enough - I can sympathise as I'm currently boracic meself, being owed about four months wages. Oh, the joys of freelance life.......

Comment

Working...
              X