Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a spring clean

LPs

"Truth Is On Its Way" (Right-On) Nikki Giovanni - well respected poetress delivers great powerful word rap over funky backing in Ego Trippin. She got hot and sent an ice age to Europe to cool her thirst! M-

"Plays Around With The Hits" (Trip Jazz) Willis Jackson - remember what Grand Royal said about the Trip Jazz label? "Soul Train" is a groovy 60s sounding track. Album produced by that hustler Mr Paul Winley. EX

"Xaviera" (Belmont) Xaviera - The so-called Happy Hooker delivers her thoughts on sexuality. LP extensively sampled by David Holmes. I cannot trade this LP if you are under 18. It's for your own good. You'll learn soon enough. M-

"Curried Jazz" (MFP) The Indo-British Ensemble - Terrible name for this East meets West sound clash. M-

"Milt Matthews Inc" (Commonwealth) Milt Matthews - It Ain't Your Fault is good folk-soul. Sweet Betsy Marie is another track sampled heavily by David Holmes. M-

"How Pink Is That Elephant Over There" (Pink Elephant) Various - original 70s comp feat. full length Voodoo Ju Ju Obsession by Davy Jones & J.Nilovic, Hard Hards and Soul Drummers by Ray Barretto and some euro soul and funk by Robbie Dale and Respect. Shocking Blue also appear. M-

45s

"Forgotten Man" (Lion) We The People - from the motion picture Sweet Jesus Preacher Man. Blaxsploitation style funk. Arranged by Johnny Pate. I believe no soundtrack LP exists for film. M-

"Baby Your Time Is My Time" (Egg) Vigon - popular Northern Soul track from Europe. EX.

"I Want You Back" (Maxi) The Duke Of Burlington - good instrumental version of Jackson 5 track. Not as good as the Harold Mabern version which rocks the dancefloor. EX.

"The Stranger" (Enyx) C Henry Woods Troupe - disco funk. Its the sound of now in Essex. M-

"A Ritual Melody" (Major) The Black River Circus - once upon a time a famous dealer tried to pass this of as a deep funk new discovery. Its isn't deep funk but it is a decent enough 60s mod organ sound. EX

"Campus No. 8" (Orly) Les Requins - euro funk with extra hammond. Not my sort of thing but some people go mad for this sound. Dutch Mohawks but from France. Rare record. M-
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ April 30 2004,20:15)]LPs

"Xaviera" (Belmont) Xaviera - The so-called Happy Hooker delivers her thoughts on sexuality. LP extensively sampled by  David Holmes. I cannot trade this LP if you are under 18. It's for your own good. You'll learn soon enough. M-

"Curried Jazz" (MFP) The Indo-British Ensemble - Terrible name for this East meets West sound clash. M-
    Hi,

i'm keen on these two.

I'll send you my trades list.

David
    God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
    X