Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul/funk/jazz/hip hop trades list

TRADE LIST

IÂ’m especially looking for European records, but really any good soul, jazz, funk LPs and 45s from anywhere will do. Leave a reply, a message or e-mail me at [email protected]

45s:

BEGINNING OF THE END
    Funky Nassau – Part I & II (Alston 71)
    Classic tune by Beginning of the End with drum break. Some background noise.

JOHNNY BRISTOL
    Hang On In There Baby/Take Care Of You For me (MGM 74)
    From LP of same name. Slick 70s Soul tune that sounds a bit like a Barry White prod., backed by a ballad.

JOHNNY BRISTOL
    You And I/It DonÂ’t Hurt No More/ (MGM 74)
    From Bristol’s “Hang On In There Baby” LP. Slick sounding mid-70s Soul tune backed by power ballad.

JAMES BROWN AND THE FAMOUS FLAMES
    I CanÂ’t Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)/There Was A Time (King 67)
    Two excellent early Funk tunes by the Godfather.

ALVIN CASH & THE CRAWLERS
    Twine Time/The Bump (Mar-V-Lus 63)
    Great early Soul tune by Alvin Cash. Sampled by De La Soul and others. Background noise.

CINDY & THE PLAYMATES
    Now That School Is Thru (Jay Pee)
    Great, catchy Soul track with female vocals.

LEE DORSEY
    Rain Rain Go Away/Gotta Find A Job (Amy)
    Great two-sided Soul 45 by Dorsey with writing and production by Allen Toussaint.

GENERAL CROOK
    What Time It is (Part I & II)
    Nice funky fuzz guitar track from Chicago.

KOOL & THE GANG
    Hollywood Swinging/Duji (De-Lite 74)
    Two classic tunes by Kool And The Gang. Hollywood Swinging got jacked by Puffy while Gangstarr used Duji.

KOOL AND THE GANG
    I Want To Take You Higher/Pneumonia (De-Lite 70)
    From the Live At The Sex Machine LP. Starts with a Sly Stone cover and finishes with a Funk instrumental of their own. Sampled by 45 King and Ice Cube.

KOOL AND THE GANG
    Love The Life You Live Part I & II (De-Lite 71)
    From Kool And The GangÂ’s Music Is The Message LP, great Funk number. Has been sampled.

MACEO AND THE MACKS
    Soul Power 74 – Part I & II (People 73)
    Classic Funk instrumental, sampled by the likes of 3rd Bass, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B. & Rakim, Stetsasonic and others.

TRAVIS MCKINLEY
    Baby, Is There Something On Your Mind/YouÂ’ve Got It And I Want It (Pride 73)
    Good power Soul tune backed by an older sounding RnB number.

PARLIAMENT
    Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk)/P. Funk (Casablanca 76)
    Two classic numbers from Parliament.

PARLIAMENTS
    Look At What I Almost Missed/What You Been Growing (Revilot 67)
    What You Been Growing mixes the Parliaments vocal Group Soul roots with what Parliamentfunkadelic would become with big group vocals and some nice musicianship.

PEOPLEÂ’S CHOICE
    I Likes To Do It/Big Ladies Man (Phil-L.A. Of Soul)
    I Likes To Do It was the sample source of De La SoulÂ’s Tread Water. Good two-sided and catchy, Soul 45.

SOUL CRUSADERS ORCHESTRA
    Funky Jive/Pretty “Lil” Mama (More Soul)
    From Chicago, starts with a Funk instrumental reminiscent of the Meters, ends with a Soul-Jazz piece that begins with nice bass and conga intro.

UNIFICS
    (Working My Way Back In) Funky Thing/Dawn Of A New Day (Fountain 71)
    One good Funk cut backed up by a nice vocal Soul group sounding song ala the Delfonics.

Soul/Funk/Jazz/Rock LPs:

MONTY ALEXANDER
    WeÂ’ve Only Just Begun (MPS 72)
    Live album recorded in NY. Contains Monticello, AlexanderÂ’s version of Inner City Blues. SEALED.

HERB ALPERT
    Rise/Aranjuez (Mon Amour) 12” Single (A&M 79)
    Classic Herb Alpert tune. Good for playing out or for sample heads.

APRIL WINE
    Harder Â… Faster (Capitol 79)
    Nice Rock drum break.

ROY AYERS AND WAYNE HENDERSON
    Step In To Our Life (Polydor 78)
    Slick Jazz Fusion from Ayers and Henderson.

BRETHREN
    Brethren (Tiffany 69)
    Has an alternative album cover with a Gothic picture of the band sitting in the front of a church. Contains Outside Love with a drum break sampled by Gangstarr. Also the Psych-Funk tune Success Brand Oil.

BRIDES OF FUNKENSTEIN
    Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy (Atlantic 79)
    Another Parliamentfunkadelic offshoot, produced by George Clinton and Bootsy Collins.

LYN COLLINS
    Think (About It) 12” Single (Bobton 89)
    Contains 4 different mixes of Think re-recorded by Lyn Collins, Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis in 1989 with lots of electric drums and heavy synthesizers.

LEE DORSEY
    Night People (ABC 78)
    Updated 70s version of New Orleans sound. Produced and arranged by Allen Toussaint.

GEORGE DUKE
    Feel (MPS 74)
    Fusion album mixing Funk on tunes like Funky Funk and Brazilian sounds on Once Over.

GEORGE DUKE
    Save The Country (Pickwick 78)
    Pickwick re-release of this George Duke LP originally released on Liberty in 1969. Contains some nice Soul-Jazz pieces like Save The Country, Since You Asked, plus some good Fusion on Coming Together, Games People Play, Alcatraz and A Little Bit Of Seven. Can basically listen to the whole album.

BILL EVANS
    Symbiosis (MPS 74)
    Interesting Jazz album by Bill Evans. Lots of sampleable parts during little funky interludes on this moody Jazz piano album.

FATBACK BAND
    Raising Hell (Event 75)
    Disco-party Funk from the Fatback Band. Features a percussion break, plus Put Your Love (In My Tender Care) thatÂ’s been sampled the Beastie Boys, Gangstarr, Kool G Rap, Lakim Shabazz, Poor Righteous Teachers, Showbiz & AG, Ultramagnetic MCs and others. Ring wear on front and back cover.

ROBERTA FLACK
    Featuring Donny Hathaway (Atlantic 79)
    Contains Back Together, sampled by Biz Markie for Spring Again.

AL HIRT
    Soul In The Horn (RCA Victory 67)
    Hard to find Easy Listening LP by Al Hirt. Features the great Soul-Jazz piece Harlem Hindo sampled by De La Soul.

AHMAD JAMAL
    Jamal Plays Jamal (20th Century 74)
    One of the best Jamal LPs featuring the great funky work of bassist Jamil Nasser. Arranged by Richard Evans of Cadet. Can listen to it from beginning to end. Split on top part of cover. Contains samples used by De La Soul, Diamond D, and Jay Z.

ZBIGNIEW NAMYSLOWSKI QUARTET
    Polish Jazz Vol. 6 (Muza)
    Melodious sax led Jazz by polish player Zbigniew Namyslowski.

OHIO PLAYERS
    Ecstasy (Westbound 73)
    Great early album by Ohio Players. Great S&M cover art backed by great music from beginning to end. Has Funk instrumentals like Not So Sad And Lonely, Food Stamps YÂ’All, and Short Change, plus Soul numbers like Spinning, and slow jams such as Sleep Talk.

PANTA RHEI
    Panta Rhei (Pepita 81)
    Prog Rock from Hungary.

JESS RODEN
    Jess Roden (Island 74)
    Roden was backed up by the Meters on this his first self-titled LP. That combination works on the opening Reason To Change, not so much on the rest of the album.

OLIVER SAIN
    Bus Stop (Abet 74)
    Has mix of Soul, Jazz and Funk by  St. Louis’ writer, producer and musician Oliver Sain.

JOE SIMON
    Easy To Love (Spring 77)
    Contains the sample for OutkastÂ’s So Fresh, So Clean. Album is a mix of dance tracks and slick Soul.

MELVIN SPARKS
    Spark Plug (Prestige 71)
    Contains great cover of Kool & The Gang’s Who’s Gonna Take The Weight, plus the Soul-Jazz of the title track and Conjunction Mars. Features Idris Muhammad, Virgil Jones, Leon Spencer and Grover Washington. Cover has ring wear and tears in edges.  

IKE & TINA TURNER
    Workin Together (Pickwick 78)
    Pickwick re-release of this classic Ike & Tina LP. Can listen to it from beginning to end with great tunes like Workin Together, Get Back, Funkier Than  A Mosquita’s Tweeter, Ooh Poo Pah Doo and Proud Mary.

VARIOUS
    Easy Listening (Polydor)
    Double album set released in England. Contains good cover of the BeatlesÂ’ Something by the Bert Kaempfert Ochestra. Also nice easy listening tune by Gunter Kallmann Choir called Daydream and a drum break on Peter Thomas Sound OrchestraÂ’s Gente.

STEVIE WONDER
    Down To Earth (Motown 69)
    1969 re-issue of WonderÂ’s third album, originally released in 1966. Has the near perfect tune Hey Love sampled by De La Soul and Kwame.

STEVIE WONDER
    Up-Tight (Motown 69)
    1969 re-issue of Up-Tight, which was originally released in 1966. Contains hits like Up Tight and NothingÂ’s Too Good For My Baby, plus Teach Me Tonight that has a James Brown influence, and the Motown dance tunes AinÂ’t Asking For Trouble and I Want My Baby Back. Even has a drum break on Music Talk.

ZOO
    Zoo (Mercury 69)
    One of the best LPs I’ve heard in a while. Zoo were a Rock outfit from Belgium  that mixed up their styles from the Blues to Rock to Psyche to Jazz. Comes with drum breaks, instrumentals, loops and play out tunes. Gatefold cover, wring wear on front cover.

Hip Hop 12”s/LPs:

AFU-RA
    D&D Soundclash 12” Single
    Generic cover. White label. Vocal and instrumental version of D&D Soundclash, plus another unnamed song on flip.

ALL CITY
    Actual/Priceless 12” Single (Geffen 98)
    Picture cover. Produced by Pete Rock. 3 versions of each song (Clean, LP, Instrumental).

BEATNUTS
    No Escapin This/It’s Da Nuts 12” Single (Loud 01)
    Picture cover. 3 versions of each tune (dirty, clean, inst.).

BEATNUTS
    Off The Books 12” Single (Relativity 97)
    Picture cover. Featuring Big Pun and Cuban Link. 5 versions of Off The Books (Clean, Dirty, T.V. Track, Instrumental, Accapella).

BEATNUTS
    Watch Out Now 12” Single
    Generic cover. Bootleg 12” from NYC released before the album. 3 versions of Watch Out Now (Clean, Dirty, Instrumental).

BLACK MOON
    Who Got The Props/Fuck It Up 12” Single (Wreck)
    Generic cover. Late-90s re-issue of Black Moon 12”.  2 versions of Fuck It Up (Rugged and Ruff Mix & instrumental), 4 versions of Who Got The Props (Evil Dee Deadly Mix, Evil Dee’s Deadly Instr., MW Smooth Mix, MW Smooth instr).

BLACK SHEEP
    A Wolf In SheepÂ’s Clothing (Mercury)
    Picture cover. Late-90s re-issue from Mercury. Classic Hip Hop LP, originally released in 1991.

BLACK STAR
    Definition/Twice Inna Lifetime 12” Single (Rawkus)
    Picture cover. Classic 12” by Black Star, Mos Def and Talib Kweli. 3 versions of each song (Radio, What we Really Said, Instrumental).

BLACK STAR
    Childrens Story/Respiration 12” Single (Rawkus)
    Generic cover. Promo 12”. 3 versions of each song (radio, street, instr.).

BLAHZAY BLAHZAY
    Danger 12” Single (Fader 95)
    Generic cover. 4 versions of tune (Street Mix, T.V. Track, Radio, Instrumental).

BREAKESTRA
    The Live Mix Part 2 (Stones Throw)
    Picture cover. Cover group Breakestra does 3 classic tunes (Remember Who You Are, Baby DonÂ’t Cry and Cramp Your Style.

BUCKSHOT LE FONZUE
    Breakfast @ Denny’s 12” Single (Columbia 94)
    Picture cover. Hip Hop project of Jazz musician Brantford Marsalis. Produced by DJ Premier. 3 versions of Breakfast @ DennyÂ’s (album, radio, showbiz remix), plus Blackwidow (Radio Rage).

COMPANY FLOW
    Presents Little Johnny From The Hozpitul Breaks End Instrumentals Vol. 1 (Rawkus 99)
    Picture cover. Double vinyl. Instrumental LP by Company Flow. 16 songs total.

CREATORS FEATURING MOS DEF & TALIB KWELI
    Hard Margin/No Love 12” Single (Mad Magic 99)
    Picture cover. English production team works with Mos Def and Talib Kweli. 3 versions of Hard Margin (radio, instrumental, street) and 2 versions of No Love (vocal, instrumental).

DE LA SOUL
    Itzsoweezee/Stakes Is High Remix 12” Single (Tommy Boy 96)
    Picture cover. 4 versions of Itzsoweezee (album, de la soul remix, instrumental x 2) and 2 versions of Stakes Is High Remix (remix, remix instrumental).

DE LA SOUL
    Oooh/Foolin 12” Single (Tommy Boy 00)
    Picture cover. 3 versions of each cut (clean, dirty, instrumental). Oooh features Redman.

DJ CRAZE & DJ SLICE
    Crazee Musick (Bomb 99)
    Picture cover. Double vinyl. Album of original songs by DMC champ DJ Craze. 12 cuts in all.

DJ NABS
    In The Lab With DJ Nabs The Live Album (Columbia 98)
    Picture cover. Live recording with DJ Nabs mixing some classic Hip Hop like Eric B & Rakim, MC Shan, Biz, etc. 18 songs total.

GANGSTARR
    All For The Cash 12” Single.
    Generic cover. Bootleg 12” from NYC before official release.  3 versions of All For The Cash (Clean, dirty, instrumental).

GANGSTARR
    Take It Personal/DWYCK 12” Single (Chrysalis)
    Picture cover. Late-90s re-issue of classic Gangstarr 12”. 2 versions of Take It Personal (vocal and instrumental) and 3 versions of DWYCK (Mix #1, Mix #1 Instrumental, Horny Instrumental).

ICE CUBE
    Kill At Will (Priority 90)
    Has some classic cuts like Endangered Species, Jackin For Beats, etc. Little cover damage on right hand spine.

JANET JACKSON FEATURING Q-TIP AND JONI MITCHELL
    Got ‘Til It’s Gone 12” Single (Virgin 97)
    Generic cover. White label promo. 4 versions (Radio Edit, No Q-tip, No Rap, Instrumental and Album).

JAY Z
    Can’t Knock The Hustle 12” Single (Rac-A-Fella 96)
    Generic cover. 4 versions of CanÂ’t Knock The Hustle (clean, dirty, instrumental, LP)

JUNGLE BROTHERS
    Straight Out The Jungle 12” Single (Idlers)
    Late 90s re-issue of classic Jungle Brothers tune. 6 versions (Jungle Remix, LP Version, Dub out The Jungle, Promo, In Time, Sounds Of Safari Remix)

JURASSIC 5
    Jayou/Without A Doubt 12” Single (Rumble 98)
    Generic cover. 3 versions of Jayou (radio, street, instrumental), plus radio version of Without A Doubt, Bonus Beat and TV Track.

JURASSIC 5
    W.O.E. Is Me/Long Road To Glory/Monkey Bars 12” Single (Interscope 00)
    Generic cover. White label promo. 3 versions of W.O.E. Is Me (clean, acapella, instrumental), 2 versions of Long Road To Glory (clean and instrumental), plus Monkey Bars.

LOOTPACK
    Whenimondammic/Questions/Answers 12” Single (Stones Throw 98)
    2 versions of Whenimondamic (vocal and instr.), 3 versions of Questions (vocal, inst. & remix), plus Answers (Featuring Quasimoto).

CRAIG MACK
    Wooden Horse/Please Listen To My Demo 12” Single
    Generic cover. White label boot 12” from NYC before official release. Features 3 versions of Wooden Horse (radio, inst. LP version) and LP version of Please Listen To My Demo.

MEDINA GREEN
    Crosstown Beef/Fla La Lashe 12” Single (Rawkus)
    Picture cover. Features Mos Def. 3 versions of each song (radio, street, instr.)

MISSION
    Contagious (Insiduous 00)
    Picture cover. 8 tracks: Contagious LP Mix, Sconsin Rmx, Love Rmx, Jose Sees This Rmx, LP Mix (Inst.), Sconsin Rmx (Inst.), Throw Your Hands Up, If (Inst.).

MOKA ONLY FEATURING SWOLLEN MEMBERS
    Imagine Me EP (Battle Axe)
    Picture cover. 2 versions of Imagine Me (vocal, instrumental), Rolling Along produced by Paul Nice, 2 versions of This That produced by Paul Nice (vocal and instrumental), plus Crunch featuring Swollen Members produced by Paul Nice.  

M.O.P.
    Ante Up 12” Single (Loud 00)
    Generic cover, white label promo. 4 versions of Ante Up (radio, explicit, instrumental, a cappella)

MOS DEF
    Ms. Fat Booty 12” Single (Rawkus 99)
    Generic cover. White label promo. 3 versions of Ms. Fat Booty (Dirty, instrumental , clean)

MOS DEF FEATURING Q-TIP & TASH/TALIB KWELI
    Body Rock/Manifesto 12” Single (Rawkus)
    Picture cover. From the Lyricist Lounge Vol. 1 comp. 3 versions of Body Rock (radio, instrumental and street). 1 version of Manifesto.

NAPPY ROOTS
    Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz (Atlantic 02)
    Picture cover. Debut LP by Nappy Roots. Double vinyl, 20 songs.

NOTORIOUS BIG
    Big Poppa Remix/Who Shot Ya? 12” Single (Bad Boy 95)
    Generic cover, white label promo. 5 versions of Big Poppa Remix (Radio, Remix Radio Edit, Remix Instrumental, Club Mix, Remix (Club Mix)) and 3 versions of Who Shot Ya? (Radio Edit, Club Mix, Instrumental).

PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
    People Under The Stairs (OM 98)
    Generic cover. 1st LP by PUTS. Double vinyl, 16 songs.

PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
    O.S.T. (OM 02)
    Picture cover. 3rd LP by PUTS. Double vinyl, 19 cuts.

PEP LOVE
    Crooked Angles/Act. Phenom 12” Single (Hieroglyphics Imperium 00)
    Picture cover. From the Hieroglyphics crew. 4 versions of Crooked Angles (Radio, LP, instrumental, acapella) and 3 versions of Act. Phenom (Radio, LP, instrumental).

PETE ROCK & C.L. SMOOTH
    I Got A Love/The Main Ingredient 12” Single (Elektra 94)
    Picture cover. 4 Versions of I Got A Love (LP, Remix, LP instrumental, Remix Instrumental) and LP and instrumental versions of The Main Ingredient.

PETE ROCK & C.L. SMOOTH
    They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)/Creator 12” Single (Electra Germany)
    Late-90s German re-issue of classic Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth 12”. LP and instrumental version of T.R.O.Y. plus Remix, Remix Instrumental, Vocal and Instrumental versions of Creator.

PHARCYDE
    Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde (Delicious 98)
    Generic cover. Double LP re-release of classic Pharcyde LP to mark 10 year anniversary of Delicious Vinyl records.

PHARCYDE
    Plain Rap (Delicious 00)
    Comeback LP by the Pharcyde. Double Vinyl containing 11 tracks.

PHARCYDE
    Trust 12” Single (Delicious 00)
    6 versions of Trust (remix clean, instrumental remix, acapella clean, original version, original clean, original instrumental). Pharcyde’s attempt at a comeback 12” single.

PHAROAHE MONCH
    The Light 12” Single (Rawkus 00)
    Generic cover. Has 4 versions of The Light, clean, instrumental, dirty and a capella.

PHAROAHE MONCH
    Right Here 12” Single (Rawkus 00)
    Generic cover. Three versions of Right Here (clean, dirty and instrumental) with the Remix version on the flip featuring Xzibit (clean, dirty and TV edit).

PHAROAHE MONCH
    Simon Says/Behind Closed Doors 12” Single (Rawkus 99)
    Picture sleeve. 4 versions of Simon Says (clean, explicit, instrumental, a capella) and 4 versions of Behind Closed Doors.

RAKIM
    When I B On Tha Mic/Flow Forever 12” Single (Universal 99)
    Picture cover. Comeback 12” from Rakim. 3 versions of each song (clean, street, instrumental). Production by DJ Premier and DJ Clark Kent.

TALIB KWELI & HI-TEK REFLECTION ETERNAL
    Express/Some Kind Of Wonderful 12” Single (Rawkus 00)
    Picture cover. 3 versions of Express (radio, main, instrumental) and 4 versions of Some Kind Of Wonderful (radio, main, instrumental, a capella).

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    Beats, Rhymes And Life (Jive 96)
    Picture cover. Double vinyl. 15 tracks total.

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    Check The Rhime/Award Tour 12” Single (Jive 97)
    Generic Cover. 1997 re-issue of classic Tribe 12”. 3 versions of Check The Rhime (LP, Mr. Muhammad’s Mix, instrumental), and 3 versions of Award Tour (LP, Radio, instrumental).

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    Find A Way/Steppin It Up 12” Single (Jive 98)
    Picture cover. 3 versions of each song (radio, instrumental, LP).

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    Love Movement (Jive 98)
    Picture cover. Gatefold cover, triple vinyl. Third piece of wax has obscure tracks like Hot Sex and remixes of Scenario, Oh My God and others.

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    Midnight Marauders (Jive 93)
    Picture cover. Green outline on cover. 14 songs total.

TRIBE CALLED QUEST
    PeopleÂ’s Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm (Jive 90)
    Picture cover. TribeÂ’s classic 1st LP.

UNSUNG HEROES
    Next Degree Featuring Siah & Karime Kendra/daily Intake Feat. Tony Vegas, Prime Cuts, J1200, Reality & Shiver 12” Single (75 Ark/Scenario 00)
    Picture cover. English production team of Unsung Heroes featuring 2 American MCs and some of EnglandÂ’s top turntablists. 4 versions of Next Degree (original, remix, original instrumental, remix bonus beats) plus Daily Intake.

UNSUNG HEROES
    Unleashed (75 Ark 00)
    Picture cover. Full LP by British producers Unsung Heroes. Double vinyle, 21 tracks total. Vocals by American acts like J-Live, Mr. Complex, Siah, L-Fudge, Godfather Don, Yeshua Da Poed , and others.

“On Deadly Ground” 12” Single (Blackberry)
    Picture cover. Features 2 sets of MCs and DJs paired up and given the same rhythm track to work with. Mc Psycho and DJ Rip One versus Iriscience and DJ Babu of Dilated Peoples/Beat Junkies. 4 versions of each (street, radio, instrumental, accapella).
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ July 09 2004,05:22)]AHMAD JAMAL

ZOO
    Zoo (Mercury 69)

BLAHZAY BLAHZAY
    Danger 12" Single (Fader 95)
    Yo!

I'm keen on these selections. Can you pop them aside for me, and I'll try to drop you a trades list over the next few days..

Cheers,
    vibes
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (vibra @ July 09 2004,09:48)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ July 09 2004,05:22)]AHMAD JAMAL

ZOO
      Zoo (Mercury 69)

BLAHZAY BLAHZAY
      Danger 12" Single (Fader 95)
      Yo!

I'm keen on these selections. Can you pop them aside for me, and I'll try to drop you a trades list over the next few days..

Cheers,
      vibes
      No problem.
      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ July 09 2004,05:22)]TRADE LIST

BRETHREN
        Brethren (Tiffany 69)
        Has an alternative album cover with a Gothic picture of the band sitting in the front of a church. Contains Outside Love with a drum break sampled by Gangstarr. Also the Psych-Funk tune Success Brand Oil.

AL HIRT
        Soul In The Horn (RCA Victory 67)
        Hard to find Easy Listening LP by Al Hirt. Features the great Soul-Jazz piece Harlem Hindo sampled by De La Soul.

MELVIN SPARKS
        Spark Plug (Prestige 71)
        Contains great cover of Kool & The Gang’s Who’s Gonna Take The Weight, plus the Soul-Jazz of the title track and Conjunction Mars. Features Idris Muhammad, Virgil Jones, Leon Spencer and Grover Washington. Cover has ring wear and tears in edges.  
        e and I Want My Baby Back. Even has a drum break on Music Talk.
        Joel I got this one private press Steel band LP that I was going to PM you about...I was wondering if I could try to put something out there for these 3.

By the way I got your PM, you got the # give me a call when you in my neck of the woods

Comment

Working...
        X