New trades list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trades list

Here are some more trades for anyone who's interested.

Please get in touch if anything tickles your fancy. (All LPs/45s are a very strong Ex/Ex unless otherwise stated).

Cheers,

Cameron.

British Jazz –

Mike Gibbs – “Just Ahead” Polydor 1972. Rare UK jazz-rock extravaganza from this cult composer. Contains the hardest, funkiest jazz-rock version of Keith Jarrett’s “Grow Your Own” you’ll ever hear, plus the insanely aggressive jazz-rock of “So Long Gone” as well as more samples than you can shake a stick at. All the names are on this one – Harold Becket, Kenny Wheeler, Chris Spedding, John Marshall, Frank Ricotti etc.

John Dankworth – “Full Circle” Phillips 1972. Classic jazz-rock set from Johnny featuring all the heavyweight UK jazz boys, and of course some killer jazz-rock from the pens of Mike Vickers, David Lindup, Mike Gibbs (“Grow Your Own”, “Triple Portrait”, “Family Joy Oh Boy”) and Johnny himself.

John Dankworth – “Movies ‘n’ Me” RCA 1974. Another extremely strong release from Johnny, with some killer funk cuts in the form of the Dusty Fingers comped “Return to The Ashes”, a big drum break on the ‘70s re-working of the “Modesty Blaise” theme and so many other great library-style funk tracks. With Don Rendell, Ronnie Verrell, Tony Hymas, Kenny Baker etc. (US issue).

Barbara Thompson – “Jubiaba” MCA 1978. Very nice UK jazz-rock LP w/Derek Wadsworth, Bill Le Sage and Trevor Tomkins etc. Couple of really nice spacey jazz-rock tunes and a 4 bar open drum break on “The Funky Flunky”.

Maynard Ferguson – “The World Of” CBS 1970. Classic funky big band LP arranged by Keith Mansfield and featuring Kenny Wheeler, Danny Moss, John Cameron etc. Funky beats, bass and sitar etc on “L-Dopa”, “Chala Nata” – need I say any more?!

UK Vocals –

Salena Jones – “Moment of Truth” CBS 1969. Classic LP from a classic singer, and produced by none other than main man at KPM, Keith Mansfield. Some killer funky club tracks in “Right Now” and “What is this Thing Called Love?”, not to mention the beautiful and mellow “For Me”.

James Royal – “The Light and Shade of” Carnaby 1971. Great LP from Mervyn Conn’s label featuring the massive funk track “House of Jack”, otherwise known as Keith Mansfield’s KPM track “Soul Thing” (VG+/VG+)

OST –

Laurie Johnson – “Music from The Avengers, The New Avengers, The Professionals” Unicorn Kanchana 1980. Classic Brit-funk OST from one of the UK’s best composers. Laurie serves up some tense, moody funk on “Sleuthing”, “Waiting and Ambush”, “On Target” and “Main Titles” from The Professionals TV series. From The New Avengers TV series we are treated to the funky “Main Titles” and the atmospheric “Tale of the Big Why”.

Rogier van Otterloo – “Grijpstra en de Gier” CBS 1979. Brilliant, not to mention very rare, Dutch crime-funk OST from one of the masters of the genre. Some brilliant, library-style moody funk tracks on this LP, plus the awesome Fela Kuti-style futuristic jazz of “Twee Hartverw Armende Smerissen”. Recorded in Britain with UK session musicians.

Library –

Werner Tautz/Cornelius op den Zieken/Helmuth Brandenburg – “Modern Dramatic Actions/Happy Crazy Happy” Harmonic 1976. Absolutely corking German library with some really great dramatic funk tracks such as “Onyx” and “Theme for Joe” – wahwah, drums, keys, strings – you know the score!

Ronnie Hazlehurst & Dick Walter “Panoramic Strings/Soft Sounds” Conroy 1976. Two top-draw lounge tunes from Ronnie, with another great lounge tune from Dick, plus the OST-style funkathon that is “Panoramic Pursuit”.

Francis Monkman – “Classical Concussion” KPM 1979. If you like the “Long Good Friday” OST then you'll love this - same sound, same musicians! (Crease on bottom right of cover so cover = VG, vinyl = EX)

45 –

Alan Tew (Bullet) – “The Hanged Man/Contract Man” Polydor 1975. Classic 45 from the cult “Hanged Man” OST. We all know the theme on the A-side, but the B-side is where the action really is in the from of “Contract Man” – UK cop show at its very best.

Brian Dee/Irving Martin/Steve Gray – “Return of the Saint” theme/Funko” PYE 1978. A-side is library-style dramatic disco-funk. The B-side (“Funko”) is one of Brian Dee's best funk-ups, taken from a Regency Line library LP!

US & Euro Funk/Jazz/Moog etc –

Dennis Coffey – “Instant Coffey” Sussex 1974. Classic US funk LP, featuring a great version of Schifrin’s “Enter the Dragon” and the very funky, psychedelic freak-out that is “The Mind Excursion". (Canadian issue)

Nelson Riddle – “Romance, Fire and Fancy” Intersound 197?. Great lounge and disco-funk from this legendary arranger.

Dick Hyman – “Moog – The Eclectic Electrics of” Command 1969. Classic, out-there Moog LP from this cult composer.

Rogier van Otterloo – “Visions” CBS 1974. Absolutely beautiful lounge/funk LP with “Munchen '74”, “Help!” and “Green in Between”. (Slightly later 1977 issue)

UK Funky Easy Listening –

The Graham Walker Sound – “Hair” Saga 1969. One of the Best “Hair” covers LPs, featuring Alan Hawkshaw, Les Hurdle etc.

Mandingo – “The Primeval Rhythm of Life” EMI Studio 2 1973. Classic funky easy-listening LP from this cult label, featuring compositions form the likes of Alyn Ainsworth, Tony Osborne and Brian Fahey.

Alan Haven – “Haven for Sale” CBS 1969. Another Keith Mansfield production, featuring a great funky arrangement of "Love for Sale".

The Shadows – “Rarities” EMI 197?. Features the excellent, funky “Boogatoo” with open drum break, “Scotch on The Socks” and open drum break on “Slaughter on Tenth Avenue”.

Geoff Love Orchestra – “Themes for Superheroes” MFP 1979. Geoff's best LP by a mile. Brilliant versions of “Return of The Saint”, “Batman”, “The Six Million Dollar Man”, “Wonder Woman” etc.

Michel Legrand – “The Concert Legrand” RCA 1975. Nice lounge LP from Legrand, recorded in the UK with all Britain's heavyweight sessioners.
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Cameron @ Sep. 02 2004,08:04)]Here are some more trades for anyone who's interested.

Rogier van Otterloo – “Grijpstra en de Gier” CBS 1979. Brilliant, not to mention very rare, Dutch crime-funk OST from one of the masters of the genre. Some brilliant, library-style moody funk tracks on this LP, plus the awesome Fela Kuti-style futuristic jazz of “Twee Hartverw Armende Smerissen”. Recorded in Britain with UK session musicians.  

Werner Tautz/Cornelius op den Zieken/Helmuth Brandenburg – “Modern Dramatic Actions/Happy Crazy Happy” Harmonic 1976. Absolutely corking German library with some really great dramatic funk tracks such as “Onyx” and “Theme for Joe” – wahwah, drums, keys, strings – you know the score!
    I'd like a try at these I'll send you a list shortly

Comment

Alan Tew (Bullet) – “The Hanged Man/Contract Man” Polydor 1975

I'd like this if we can work out a trade... any particular wants or areas of interest ? I'll try and find some things from my trades that meet 'em.
      Matt Hero

Comment

if youve still gt that Salnea Jones, id like that

I'll send you my trades list

Comment

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for your interest - I've held all the various bits each of you have asked for, so please PM you trades lists. If you've already done so, I'll get back to you asap.

As to what I'm after, well, any decent UK jazz-rock/library/easy stuff I haven't got - hope that helps.

Cheers,

Cameron
          A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Cameron, I'll drop you some trades over the weekend...not sure I'll have the time until then. Sorry :9
            Matt Hero

Comment

Hey Cameron,
              Here's what's interest me:

Laurie Johnson – “Music from The Avengers, The New Avengers, The Professionals” Unicorn Kanchana 1980.

And in case there's no trade with the other VV dudes:

Salena Jones – “Moment of Truth” CBS 1969.

Rogier van Otterloo – “Grijpstra en de Gier” CBS 1979.

Alan Tew (Bullet) – “The Hanged Man/Contract Man” Polydor 1975.

Please go visit my website (frenchattack.com) for trade list (all records on the shop)

Comment

Hi,

I am interested in these............

MOOG - Dick Hyman
                CLASSICAL CONCUSSION - KPM

Are these still available?

David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
                X