• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Y1000 View Post
    WTF Please Expiry clarify this comment.
    I think it's explained here - can see it looks a bit dubious out of context

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom B View Post
      I think it's explained here - can see it looks a bit dubious out of context
      Thanks for trying to explain Tom, it makes more sense then Herbie Hancock being connected. But considering the tone of JJs original post and Miles Davis reaction. I still don't get how that would be cool.

Comment

Thanks for trying to explain Tom, it makes more sense then Herbie Hancock being connected. But considering the tone of JJs original post and Miles Davis reaction. I still don't get how that would be cool.
        A poor attempt at a joke which was trying to connect the speed that the record was gripped with speed that Miles reacted to being offered a watermelon - the link being a speedy response
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
          Tubby just landed. But I was late home and need to do some cooking so attention wasn't lavished on the wee fella in the quantity it deserves. YET.
          A second spin of side over breakfast one reveals less full on sax than expected. But maybe that was because when the coffee kicked in there was long vibes solo...but I think I read in the sleeve notes that Tubby could also play vibes as well as sax and flute.

Just wondering if post-mortems might confuse this thread and make it harder to find the records. Equally the more it keeps updating the more people will read it. You'll crawl under tables in a junk shop to dog through dirty records so digging through the back pages of this thread are no bother.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
            A poor attempt at a joke which was trying to connect the speed that the record was gripped with speed that Miles reacted to being offered a watermelon - the link being a speedy response
            Expiry check your PM please.

Comment

Expiry check your PM please.
              Done
              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

• I'm doing a Post Office run tomorrow for the remaining records that have been gripped... so anymore for any more?

Hyped by Boney

Hyped by Julian Cope

Hyped by John Peel GRIPPED

GRIPPED

GRIPPED

GRIPPED OR AT LEAST ON HOLD
                Hyped by the neverenoughrhodes blog

After that I'll scratch this batch and think about pulling some more. Can't believe nobody wants the last two so will probably keep them.
                Last edited by emperor tomato ketchup; 09-02-2012, 10:33 AM.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                  A second spin of side over breakfast one reveals less full on sax than expected. But maybe that was because when the coffee kicked in there was long vibes solo...but I think I read in the sleeve notes that Tubby could also play vibes as well as sax and flute.
                  Is that basically a reish of Tubbs in NY? I love 'A Pint of Bitter' off that set. If it is, then it isn't himself on the vibes as far as I remember.
                  Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                    Is that basically a reish of Tubbs in NY? I love 'A Pint of Bitter' off that set. If it is, then it isn't himself on the vibes as far as I remember.
                    He certainly played vibes - he does so on the Jazz Messangers live record that you see everywhere
                    On the Tubbs in NY record its Eddie Costa on vibes - don't know about the extra tracks on ETKs copy

Comment

He certainly played vibes - he does so on the Jazz Messangers live record that you see everywhere
                      Yeah I know - I have that Jazz Couriers in Concert, though, sadly this isn't a city where you see such records 'everywhere'.
                      On the Tubbs in NY record its Eddie Costa on vibes - don't know about the extra tracks on ETKs copy
                      Eddie Costa - thanks: was about to go looking for the record.
                      Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                        Yeah I know - I have that Jazz Couriers in Concert, though, sadly this isn't a city where you see such records 'everywhere'.

Eddie Costa - thanks: was about to go looking for the record.
                        Perhaps 'everywhere' is an exaggeration
                        I meant that, of all his records, it seems to crop up the most
                        Without wishing to highjack this thread, I am always amazed at the discrepency in pricing - sometimes its about £8 and I've seen it up to £40
                        For something on MFP that seems like a lot of money

Comment

Without wishing to highjack this thread, I am always amazed at the discrepency in pricing - sometimes its about £8 and I've seen it up to £40
                          For something on MFP that seems like a lot of money
                          Yeah, it's all over the pricing range, never pay dough for it you dudes.

Glad Tubbs was well recieved . Anyone waiting, hang fire, with you all soon

Twenty pages deep and still bumpin' - fu**in' "A" dudes
                          You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                            Yeah, it's all over the pricing range, never pay dough for it you dudes.

Glad Tubbs was well recieved . Anyone waiting, hang fire, with you all soon

Twenty pages deep and still bumpin' - fu**in' "A" dudes
                            It's on discogs cheep. Five copies from £4-12.

Another Tubby Hayes breakfast.

John Peel

Comment

• and someone is asking £50 on the bay... who has obviously just been relisting, because the declined offer states october 2008...
                              Last edited by RobLilley; 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• OK 5 parcels went out today.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                                X