Some LP trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some LP trades

Hi chaps - here's some bits and pieces from me, LPs and a few 12"s. There's a lot more to come too, so stay tuned for some gradual updates. If you're interested in anything please reply or PM me..

Cheers,
    Vibes.

** UPDATE 29.01.05

Passport 'Cross-Collateral' LP (Atco) - Heavy 1975 Klaus Doldinger prog jazz beats
    Solution 'Cordon Bleu' (CBS) - Dutch prog jazz LP, ace funky beats on 'Whirligig'
    Maynard Ferguson 'Ridin' High' (Enterprise) - Promo copy of this wicked funky big band album from the man with the horn, with 'Kandalini Woman', 'Meet A Cheetah' and 'Molecules' all doing the business, but the Don Sebesky arrangement of 'Wack Wack' is the real killer.. firing dancefloor jazz action! HOLD
    Gary Boyle 'The Dancer' (Gull) - Spacey prog jazz biz, featuring a Dusty Fingers style downbeat head-nodder 'Lullaby For A Sleepy Dormouse'
    Brian Davison 'Every Which Way' (Charisma) - Intriguing drummer-led rock LP with jazz and folk influences, with 'All In Time' being the stand out
    Dwa Plus Jeden (Two Plus One) 'Nowy Wspaanialy Swiat' ('The New, Magnificent World') (Muza) - Polish pop folk with some pretty funky and varied arrangements.. 'Wake Up Don't Waste The Day' has a moody head-nodding groove..
    Jose Feliciano 'A Bag Full Of Soul' (RCA) - Features moody folk-blues of 'You're Takin' Hold Of Me' as sampled by Hairy Diamond for 'Torture'
    Jukka Tolonen 'Silva The Cat' (Jazz-Puu) - #7 in the Jazz-Puu series, this now deleted 2002 release is an EP of early 70's funky jazz from Finland's national guitar hero.. Sealed copy too!
    Julia And Company 'Breakin' Down (Sugar Samba)' 12" - OG issue of this 80s disco classic
    Steady B 'Nasty Girls' 12" (Jive) - Hip hop classic from back int' day
    Skinny Boys 'Set The Pace (Say Yeah)' 12" (Jive) - 'Rock Creek Park' and 'Just Kissed My Baby' sampling hip hop joints from back in 88
    The Soul Symphony 'Symphony Of Soul Hits' (SGA) - One of the tougher SGA LPs to track down, with top covers of 'Papa's Got A new Bag' and 'CC Rider'
    The London Moods Orchestra 'Omnibus' (Enterprise) - John Fiddy's orchestral outfit take a world theme as inspiration for this 1970 LP
    Werner Muller 'The Latin Splendor Of Werner Muller' (Decca Phase 4) - Cracking exotica takes on 'Light My Fire', 'Oye Como Va' etc
    Mike Hill 'Pop Concert' (Avenue) - Mike steps up on this LP from 1970 with a surprisingly funky organ version of 'Dancing In The Street', and a self-penned quirky bossa style instrumental 'Up The Waltz'
    Roger Coulam 'Hammond Stereo Sounds' (Contour) - VV Classic UK organ funk LP, 'Ode To Billie Joe', 'Let's Put Out The Lights' etc..
    Alan Haven 'I'll Walk Beside You' (Pye) - Open drumbreak on 'I Who Have Nothing', jittery organ cover of 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction' and heavy drums on the gospel organ groove title track
    Brass Fever 'Time Is Running Out' (ABC) - 1976 allstar line-up LP featuring ace discoid funk on the title track
    Ramsey Lewis 'Don't It Feel Good' (CBS) - 1975 Charles Stepney produced long player, with deep, spaced-out funky grooves on 'Something About You', 'That's The Way Of The World' and 'Can't Function'
    Sylvester S/T (Fantasy) - 1977 LP, features a great soulful funk track 'I Been Down'
    Tom Browne 'Browne Sugar' (Arista) - Gatefold album produced by Dave Grusin. Slap-bass groove heaven, with a nice jazzy take on 'What's Going On?'
    Freddie Hubbard 'Super Blue' (CBS) - Late 70s LP, title track is a cool funky synth bass-led Donald Byrd style groove
    Fania All-Stars 'Salsa Live!' (Island) - 1976 live album from the legendary outfit featuring Ray Barretto, Mongo Santamaria, Willie Colon & more
    Os Originais Do Samba 'Aniversario Do Tarzan' (RCA Brazil) - Bouncy samba track with big chanted chorus 'Noite E Nossa'
    Mortimer Shuman 'Amerika' (Philips) - Interesting Frenchman does staggered blues folk on 'Monsieur Lee' and swinging funky big band soul on 'Black Baudelaire' on this 1972 LP
    Python Lee Jackson 'In A Broken Dream' (Youngblood) - Brilliant title track as featured on Divine's VV mix
    Ella Fitzgerald 'Things Ain't What They Used To Be' (Reprise) - Ace funky big band version of 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' + 'Manteca', 'Mas Que Nada', 'Sunny' HOLD
    Roland Prince 'Color Visions' (Vanguard/Pye) - UK issue funky 1976 jazz guitar LP, featuring the steel drum groove 'Iron Band Dance'
    David Snell 'Hits On A Harp' (BBC) - 'Cloud 7'
    Fatback Band 'Night Fever' (Polydor) - 'A Little Funky Dance'
    The John Scott Orchestra 'Great Modern Film Themes' (Polydor) - Funky orchestral version of 'Exodus - Main Theme'
    Malo S/T (Warner Bros) - 1972 1st LP from this funky latin fusion outfit inc. 'Peace' and 'Pana' HOLD
    Esther Phillips w/ Joe Beck 'What A Difference A Day Makes' (Kudu) - 'Fever'
    Esther Phillips 'Capricorn Princess' (Kudu) - 'All The Way Down'
    Last edited by vibra; 04-02-2005, 10:40 AM.
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

are the Ella and the Malo still available? what kind of thing are you after?

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
      are the Ella and the Malo still available? what kind of thing are you after?
      Ello Mike.. Yup, still got em both. There are still a fair few VV classics missing from my racks, plus any of the usual soul, funk, jazz, rock, folk malarkey..

Can you list a few bits? I can bring these two down on Friday for you..

Comment

Eric Winstone 'Supersonic Sounds' (Avenue) - Features Dick Walter-penned orchestral funk smasher 'Hacienda Happenings'

Are theese still awailable?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Tee
          Eric Winstone 'Supersonic Sounds' (Avenue) - Features Dick Walter-penned orchestral funk smasher 'Hacienda Happenings'

Are theese still awailable?
          They are indeed.. consider them held Sir!

PM me yo' trades..

Comment

Vibra,

Could you keep me in mind if you pick up another copy of Eric Winstone : Supersonic Sounds please....

Thanks

Mark
            Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

Originally posted by tdlt02
              Could you keep me in mind if you pick up another copy of Eric Winstone : Supersonic Sounds please
              Will do fella..

Comment

*Bounce*

Extra! Extra! Read all about it.. (more titles added!)
                Last edited by vibra; 29-01-2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X