Updated trades - Lib, Vocal, OST, 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated trades - Lib, Vocal, OST, 45

An updated trades list for anyone who might be interested. Please PM me if interested in anything. Thanks. All very strong Ex/Ex and above unless otherwise stated.

Vocals –

Lyn Christopher – “S/T” Paramount 1973. Mint OG UK issue of this classic LP feat. the superb, hard-beats funk of “Take Me With You”.

45 –

Johnny Harris – “Footprints on the Moon/Lulu’s Theme” WB 1970. Classic British funk 45 feat. the gorgeous “F.O.T.M” from Johnny’s Movement’s LP, plus the furious Orchestral-funk workout of “Lulu’s Theme”, only released on this 45.

Brian Bennett– “Pendulum Force/Ocean Glide” DJM 1978. Feat’s the driving disco-funk of “Pendulum Force” from Brian’s “Voyage into Discoid Funk” LP.

OST –

Laurie Johnson – “Music from The Avengers, The New Avengers, The Professionals” Unicorn Kanchana 1980. Classic Brit-funk OST from one of the UK’s best composers. Laurie serves up some tense, moody funk on “Sleuthing”, “Waiting and Ambush”, “On Target” and “Main Titles” from The Professionals TV series. From The New Avengers TV series we are treated to the funky “Main Titles” and the atmospheric “Tale of the Big Why”.

British & Euro Jazz –

Mike Gibbs – “Just Ahead” Polydor 1972. Rare UK jazz-rock extravaganza from this cult composer. Contains the hardest, funkiest jazz-rock version of Keith Jarrett’s “Grow Your Own” you’ll ever hear, plus the insanely aggressive jazz-rock of “So Long Gone” as well as more samples than you can shake a stick at. All the names are on this one – Harold Becket, Kenny Wheeler, Chris Spedding, John Marshall, Frank Ricotti etc.

John Dankworth – “Full Circle” Phillips 1972. Classic jazz-rock set from Johnny featuring all the heavyweight UK jazz boys, and of course some killer jazz-rock from the pens of Mike Vickers, David Lindup, Mike Gibbs (“Grow Your Own”, “Triple Portrait”, “Family Joy Oh Boy”) and Johnny himself.

John Dankworth – “Movies ‘n’ Me” RCA 1974. Another extremely strong release from Johnny, with some killer funk cuts in the form of the Dusty Fingers comped “Return to The Ashes”, a big drum break on the ‘70s re-working of the “Modesty Blaise” theme and so many other great library-style funk tracks. With Don Rendell, Ronnie Verrell, Tony Hymas, Kenny Baker etc. (US issue).

Barbara Thompson – “Jubiaba” MCA 1978. Very nice UK jazz-rock LP w/Derek Wadsworth, Bill Le Sage and Trevor Tomkins etc. Couple of really nice spacey jazz-rock tunes and a 4 bar open drum break on “The Funky Flunky”.

Library –

Peer International – “Confrontation” (PILL 9024, 1974). Classic Peer library for the inclusion of Barry Forgie’s epic big band funker, “Whispering Giant” – all massive drums, bass-guitar and atmospheric flutes – a killer! Plus the funky lounge of Johnny Scott’s “This World”, Tony Kinsey’s “Confrontation” and Frank Sterling’s “Sport Shot”.

KPM – “Gathering Crowds” (KPM 1138, 1974). Feat. the oddball orchestral funk of Johnny Pearson’s “Habitat” and the smooth lounge-funk of Dave Gold’s “American Express”, plus a Brian Bennett drum break in there somewhere!

KPM – “Classical Concussion” (KPM 1225, 1979). If you like the “Long Good Friday” OST then you'll love this – same sound, same musicians! Strong OST-style disco-funk. (Crease on bottom right of cover so cover = VG, vinyl = EX)

Harmonic - “Modern Dramatic Actions/Happy Crazy Happy” (1976). Absolutely corking German library with some really great dramatic funk tracks such as “Onyx” and “Theme for Joe”. Wahwah, drums, bass, keys, strings – from composers such as Werner Tautz, Cornelius op den Zieken and Helmuth Brandenburg.

Conroy – “Panoramic Strings/Soft Sounds” (1975). Two top-draw lounge tunes from Ronnie Hazlehurst and Dick Walter, plus the Roy Budd-esque soundtrack funk of Dick Walter’s “Panoramic Pursuit”.

UK Funky Easy Listening –

Ray Davies - "Funk in Hell" DJM 1976. Classic easy funk LP, with "Shades of Hades", "Superstition" etc. (VG+/VG+)

Nick Ingman - "Soft Rock Invention" Phillips 1973. Another classic funky UK easy LP. Plenty of Gentle Rain-style beats and bass to be found on "Invention", "Uncle Admiral", "25 or 6 to 4" etc. (VG+/VG+)

Collage – “Misty” EMI Studio 2 1973. Classic easy-funk LP feat. Brian Bennett, Alan Hawkshaw and Dave Richmond. Sought-after for the inclusion of Hawkshaw’s funky “Madrid” – drums, fender Rhodes, bass-guitar, vibes etc., plus a great, funky take on “Love for Sale”, and some lovely atmospheric samples.

The Graham Walker Sound – “Hair” Saga 1969. One of the Best “Hair” covers LPs, featuring Alan Hawkshaw, Les Hurdle etc.

John Gregory – “The Detectives” Philips 1976. Super-funky versions of “The Sweeney”, “The Six Million Dollar Man” and “The Streets of San Francisco” etc

Simon Park – “Venus Fly Trap” EMI 1975. Great oddball easy-funk form the famous de Wolfe library composer, featuring UK session heavyweights such as Alf Bigden, Alan Parker and Herbie Flowers etc. Standout funky track is Ann Peeble’s “I Can’t Stand the Rain”, but plenty more great lounge/weird moments to be had.

Mandingo – “The Primeval Rhythm of Life” EMI Studio 2 1973. Classic funky easy-listening LP from this cult label, featuring compositions form the likes of Alyn Ainsworth, Tony Osborne and Brian Fahey.

James Clarke – “Girl on the Beach” Aristocrat 1969. Absolutely beautiful jazz/lounge/orchestral LP from KPM main-man James Clarke, with musical direction by Syd Dale. Feat.’s all the great UK sessioners such as Barry Morgan etc, playing James’s gorgeous music to perfection.

John Williams – “Changes” Fly 1971. Easy/jazz/orchestral LP feat. from the famous guitarist feat a lovely, relaxed and funky version of “Woodstock”.

Alan Haven – “Haven for Sale” CBS 1969. Another Keith Mansfield production, featuring a great funky arrangement of "Love for Sale".

The Shadows – “Rarities” EMI 197?. Features the excellent, funky “Boogatoo” with open drum break, “Scotch on The Socks” and open drum break on “Slaughter on Tenth Avenue”.

Geoff Love Orchestra – “Themes for Superheroes” MFP 1979. Geoff's best LP by a mile. Brilliant versions of “Return of The Saint”, “Batman”, “The Six Million Dollar Man”, “Wonder Woman” etc.

Michel Legrand – “The Concert Legrand” RCA 1975. Nice lounge LP from Legrand, recorded in the UK with all Britain's heavyweight sessioners.

US & Euro Funk/Jazz/Moog etc –

Dennis Coffey – “Instant Coffey” Sussex 1974. Classic US funk LP, featuring a great version of Schifrin’s “Enter the Dragon” and the very funky, psychedelic freak-out that is “The Mind Excursion". (Canadian issue)

Nelson Riddle – “Romance, Fire and Fancy” Intersound 197?. Great lounge and disco-funk from this legendary arranger.

Dick Hyman – “Moog – The Eclectic Electrics of” Command 1969. Classic, out-there Moog LP from this cult composer.

Rogier van Otterloo – “Visions” CBS 1974. Absolutely beautiful lounge/funk LP with “Munchen '74”, “Help!” and “Green in Between”. (Slightly later 1977 issue)
    Last edited by Cameron; 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM.
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Originally posted by Cameron
    Lyn Christopher – “S/T” Paramount 1973. Mint OG UK issue of this classic LP feat. the superb, hard-beats funk of “Take Me With You”
    Want that wun. Hold tight for some fresh trades..
    Last edited by vibra; 10-02-2005, 12:01 PM.
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
      John Dankworth – “Full Circle” Phillips 1972. Classic jazz-rock set from Johnny featuring all the heavyweight UK jazz boys, and of course some killer jazz-rock from the pens of Mike Vickers, David Lindup, Mike Gibbs (“Grow Your Own”, “Triple Portrait”, “Family Joy Oh Boy”) and Johnny himself.

John Dankworth – “Movies ‘n’ Me” RCA 1974. Another extremely strong release from Johnny, with some killer funk cuts in the form of the Dusty Fingers comped “Return to The Ashes”, a big drum break on the ‘70s re-working of the “Modesty Blaise” theme and so many other great library-style funk tracks. With Don Rendell, Ronnie Verrell, Tony Hymas, Kenny Baker etc. (US issue).

Ray Davies - "Funk in Hell" DJM 1976. Classic easy funk LP, with "Shades of Hades", "Superstition" etc. (VG+/VG+)

Nick Ingman - "Soft Rock Invention" Phillips 1973. Another classic funky UK easy LP. Plenty of Gentle Rain-style beats and bass to be found on "Invention", "Uncle Admiral", "25 or 6 to 4" etc. (VG+/VG+)

Collage – “Misty” EMI Studio 2 1973. Classic easy-funk LP feat. Brian Bennett, Alan Hawkshaw and Dave Richmond. Sought-after for the inclusion of Hawkshaw’s funky “Madrid” – drums, fender Rhodes, bass-guitar, vibes etc., plus a great, funky take on “Love for Sale”, and some lovely atmospheric samples.

Simon Park – “Venus Fly Trap” EMI 1975. Great oddball easy-funk form the famous de Wolfe library composer, featuring UK session heavyweights such as Alf Bigden, Alan Parker and Herbie Flowers etc. Standout funky track is Ann Peeble’s “I Can’t Stand the Rain”, but plenty more great lounge/weird moments to be had.

Mandingo – “The Primeval Rhythm of Life” EMI Studio 2 1973. Classic funky easy-listening LP from this cult label, featuring compositions form the likes of Alyn Ainsworth, Tony Osborne and Brian Fahey.

Dennis Coffey – “Instant Coffey” Sussex 1974. Classic US funk LP, featuring a great version of Schifrin’s “Enter the Dragon” and the very funky, psychedelic freak-out that is “The Mind Excursion". (Canadian issue)

My collection needs all of the above - not sure what you're looking for in trades though? Gimme a clue and we'll see if I can come up with something to offer...
      "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Hello Cameron

I'd like a pop at this

I'll PM with some fresh trades. Ta
        Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Dude I'm straight up fiending for that Professionals/Avengers OST. I got trembles and cold sweats and shit.

I think I've asked you about this a several weeks back though (or could've been someone else?) and unfortunately you didn't want anything off my list.

Anyway, take a look at my recent trades post and let me know.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi cameron, Have ya still got these?

John Gregory – “The Detectives” tc

Mike Gibbs – “Just Ahead” Polydor 1972.

Barbara Thompson – “Jubiaba” MCA 1978.

Peer International – “Confrontation”

KPM – “Classical Concussion” (KPM 1225, 1979).

Harmonic - “Modern Dramatic Actions/Happy Crazy Happy” (1976).

esp after the Barabara Thompson - Hit me up a PM and let me know what you are after as I havent put a trades list up for ages but I have got some nice bits that I am thinkin of getting rid of...

Lemme know...

ta,

J
            Funk and Disorderly

Comment

please please hold this one for me!!

Harmonic - “Modern Dramatic Actions/Happy Crazy Happy” (1976)

i will pm you with some nice trades!

cheers,
              can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Last edited by tbirddmnd; 09-07-2007, 07:00 PM.
                sigpic
                Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
                [email protected]
                http://hoodliners.blogspot.com My hoodliners for cars that I make!
                Westland, Michigan USA
                1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

Comment

Working...
                X