Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Twice / Tim Hollier / Harvey Andrews / Harry Thomas

Sup VG+ers,

Here are some LPs I have recently gotten but won't be keeping that might be of some interest to the VG+ crowd. The Richard Twice I found again in even better condition so this one is now for trade.

Richard Twice - Richard Twice (Philips)

One of my favourite records. Lovely mix of folk, psych, sometimes drifting, sometimes harder but overall a '70 pop masterpiece. It never got a UK release so is pretty tricky to find. If you've never heard this, treat yourself! The cover has a split along the top and the sticker mark shown in the pictures. Record is very nice but I will double check condition on all of these if there's any interest.

Harvey Andrews - Places And Faces (Decca Nova)

Had a feeling this one would really click but it hasn't. Not to say it isn't very good; nice melodies with a great voice. I'm tempted to say it's Scott Walker territory but the two are not that similar. Side 2 are all songs titled with the names of people and tell the very sad stories of each.

Tim Hollier - Sky Sail (Philips)

Good songwriting and singing voice again popular vocal style, very English. Folky pop moves basically but there is also some Eastern influenced melodies and Eastern instruments involved which raise it above lots of records in a similar style.

Harry Thomas - Starfields (Not On Label)

Private Christian soft rock with crazy synths and some cool guitar leads. 1984 record by a minister with some cool keyboards. It's got one real standout track that was featured on a mix by, I think, VG+'s own pH. When I pulled it the other day though I was quite enjoying the other songs too. Would swap for something else interesting or something I'm after though.

Track from each album:

Working...
X