Ben's Ruthless Culling - (less than) August Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben's Ruthless Culling - (less than) August Trades

Right, I've started really paring things back a bit. Partly to refresh the collection, partly as an emotional response, proving to myself that I'm still able to let bags full of this 'stuff' that I've accumulated over the years go!

I took a big bag of random vinyl, along with a bag of purely 90s/noughties soul/jazz/funk/breaks comps down to the market on Saturday. It was like letting go of an episode of my collecting life, but it was weird how, in the case of the comps, I found that many of the tunes I'd bought those comps for and also retained them for, have now been acquired on OGs, almost by accident.

So, yeah, the purge feeling is good at the moment. This means that I'm offering a few trades (and will be extra flexible on what I'm happy to accept in exchange) and also some of those shiny silver discs (which might end up being the thin end of a wedge).

As ever, I'm looking for VV / VG+ fodder items that continue to elude me e.g. The Power Pack, Roundtable, 'Working In The Soul Mine', Harold McNair, Barbara & Ernie, Free Design, Yamasuki, Blue Phantom, 'Baldwin Soul', Nikki Cole, Terry Cavendish etc. Also up for funky prog, jazz-rock, some of the more avant-garde disco or new wave 12"s, bit of grunge and plenty of other stuff that you think I'd like, but that I'm not aware of yet!

So, have a peruse and PM me if you see owt you fancy. Various permutations are possible, not necessarily 1:1. Any questions, feel free to get in touch, or post them in the thread and the local intelligentsia will provide far better info than I could.

As mentioned, I've decided to decimate my CD collection as I'm really only listening to vinyl at the mo. I got a big bag ready to take to market, then realised I was perhaps being a bit too brutal. Plus, a lot of these are more 'niche' and shouldn't really be just tossed in a bag with the more 'Mojo' items. Most of these, I've either never listened to, or maybe just the once. I thought I'd give some of you chance to pick off a few of these, more interesting, titles. If you don't want to trade vinyl for them, I'd definitely be up for some of the many Xmas swop CDs that have been produced, if any of you have spares knocking about. If there's no takers, not to worry, they'll go down the market. Or maybe I'll give the lot to PDSA or summat. As I say, this might just end up being Phase One of my cull.

Where my photography was exceptionally amateurish, obscuring the top left corner, what you're missing is Talk Talk 'It's My Life' and 'The Colour of Spring' and the first two Coco Rosie albums.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

PM sent
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

id be interested in the Espers CDs
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Hallo no. 8 is one of the best - two total bangers on there. Grab it someone!
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Ben - I'd be interested in the Amphonic libe and the Gordon Beck - I'll drop you a PM sir. What's the Shanghai LP like? Some great gear up for grabs! Not seen a Hanged Man on offer in aaaages!
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Shanghai

This is the highlight Lee mate, been on a couple of mixes -

"Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

"Loose as a goose" on there too if you like breaks.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsbxtjGG7SA

Comment

Originally posted by Taze View Post
                "Loose as a goose" on there too if you like breaks.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsbxtjGG7SA
                I forgot that was on there, what a tepid break!
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Also got one of these at the weekend.

No idea what it's like, but happy for it to go to any Bolly fan. Nowt much expected in return.

Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Update:

I'm sure you'll all be devastated to know that all the CDs have now either been traded down the market, or dibbsed by Plussers.

There has been no movement on ANY of the vinyl so far.
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                      Update:

I'm sure you'll all be devastated to know that all the CDs have now either been traded down the market, or dibbsed by Plussers.

There has been no movement on ANY of the vinyl so far.
                      Yeah Ben, people on here hate vinyl - they think it's like soooo last century...I can't even give away the Mitch Ryder album that's over on the 'record gratis' thread......
                      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                        Yeah Ben, people on here hate vinyl - they think it's like soooo last century...I can't even give away the Mitch Ryder album that's over on the 'record gratis' thread......
                        Yeah. Get some casettes up here and we'll talk.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                          Yeah. Get some casettes up here and we'll talk.
                          Get with the times........ all about eight tracks, or real to reels
                          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Sorry Ben. Still interested in those LPs. Will drop you a PM when I'm back in Blighty.
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Movement!

The Amphonic library LP has gone.

Pete Moore is on hold.

For those enquiring, both 'L'Initiation' and Gordon Beck have absolutely no condition issues. Trade with confidence.

I sometimes wonder if I've got a reputation of being a bit shady or summat!
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X