Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amidar
    replied
    On a 'Winter Consort' tip and to make up for my misunderstanding it occurred to me whilst listening to 'Icarus' that 'Colin Walcott' the tabla player on 'Icarus' had his own band 'Codona' a 3 piece and they did 3 albums on 'ECM' - '1' , '2' and '3'. Don Cherry's playing on the first is just beautiful. Pretty much essential albums if your'e getting in to world fusion jazz:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codona

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    On a winter consort tip I love these guys they did 3 albums between 84-86 I think. Led by percussionist 'Adam Rudolph' who was mentored by the likes of 'Don Cherry' its ethnic music mixed with jazz perfectly don't let the vintage put you off. Nightmare to find clips as 'Eternal Wind' is a song associated to the 'Final Fantasy' games but I found this off the first eponymous album:

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Sounds promising. Was just listening to Quetzalcoatl - which looks familiar. Will certainly swoop on that if seen for pence.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Sorry, it'll have wait. Off to bed now.

Hope to listen tomorrow.

Possibly more additions soon too.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    So maybe you'd dig Lou Harrison?

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    started a topic Takemitsu etc

Takemitsu etc

Miniature IV: Art of Toru Takumitsu (Deutsche Grammophon).

See the picture in the recent post in the '├žlassical' thread.

My listening is drifting towards the more 'early world music' end of jazz (recent 'Winter Consort' find). Also some modern classical, esp. if it is (a) short and to the point (b) rhythmic (c) actually jazz masquerading as something else or (d) all of those.
Working...
X